Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Starting to Smell Like Amateur Hour  (Read 6520 times)

Blackhat

• All American
Starting to Smell Like Amateur Hour
« on: March 26, 2014, 05:33:01 PM »
Stone Cold can only stay positive for so long.....from the premature leaks to the no info press conferences.   Dangerously close to becoming a circus.

brandx

Re: Starting to Smell Like Amateur Hour
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 05:35:17 PM »
Stone Cold can only stay positive for so long.....from the premature leaks to the no info press conferences.   Dangerously close to becoming a circus.

It's ONLY amateur hour on Scoop. Everyone else involved in the process is fine.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 05:36:05 PM »
LOUD NOISES

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 05:38:57 PM »
I LOVE LAMP
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 05:40:58 PM »
Your perception is that it is amateur hour.    This stuff takes time.    Relax. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 05:41:48 PM »

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 06:18:26 PM »
Beg Steve Cottingham to come back.

Friggin incompetents

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 06:21:59 PM »
I said it before ON TWITTER NO LESS and was ignored. I can even go show you.

Ignored as well as I should be...I guess. With Ben Howland and Shaka Smart at the top of the list what was I drinking or smoking right?

I causally suggested the name Rob Jeter along with suggesting Brian Wardle would not be a bad hire either. I was dead serious then and am now...

My friend said, Rob Jeter!? "MU WILL NEVER HIRE A GUY FROM UWM! Get out, you are no longer my friend!. . . Friend. "

As days have gone we hire UWM's Chancellor. That prediction is not as far flung at this hour as one might believe.

Hmm...I will leave it at that.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 06:23:21 PM »

Ignored as well as I should be...I guess. With Ben Howland and Shaka Smart at the top of the list what was I drinking or smoking right?

I causally suggested the name Rob Jeter along with suggesting Brian Wardle would not be a bad hire either. I was dead serious then and am now...

My friend said, Rob Jeter!? "MU WILL NEVER HIRE A GUY FROM UWM! Get out, you are no longer my friend!. . . Friend. "

As days have gone we hire UWM's Chancellor. That prediction is not as far flung at this hour as one might believe.

I'm not sure what you just said.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 06:25:18 PM by Stone Cold »

chapman

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2014, 06:29:38 PM »
I've jumped ship.  Going to need a life preserver.  There should be an adorable "stray" dog roaming around campus any time now, that the basketball program can use to distract us.

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2014, 06:30:30 PM »
If they were to hire Jeter, they would have as many season ticket holders left as UW-M currently does...

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2014, 06:31:19 PM »
With so many local kids at MU I would hire Rob Jeter and get it done with... In my opinion there is a lot to like.

He is a salesman's, players coach, character driven and he can recruit in Illinois and in this region under a modest budget. Imagine what he would do with the resources of MU?   

Buzz was like Jeter when he began. Jeter was an assistant here for a year and he is in town. No not the sexy hire everyone is looking for...but...

Who knows what Diamond Stone would think about that? That is who I would give a call to.

Before you laugh and throw stones at me...at least his team won a title and were in the Tournament besides the Badgers.

Worse to first...I am not the Chancellor but I would do it and he knows him. Jeter and Chew and Wainwright and lets go...
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 06:35:20 PM by MUHoopsFan2 »

connie

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2014, 06:32:02 PM »
Be cool.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 06:36:15 PM by connie »
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

NivTastic

• Walk-On
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2014, 06:34:27 PM »
With so many local kids at MU I would hire Rob Jeter and get it done with...

Buzz was like Jeter when he began. Jeter was an assistant here for a year and he is in town. No not the sexy hire everyone is looking for...but...

Who knows what Diamond Stone would think about that? That is who I would give a call to.

Before you laugh and throw stones at me...at least his team won a title and were in the Tournament besides the Badgers.

Worse to first...I am not the Chancellor but I would do it and he knows him. Jeter and Chew and Wainwright and lets go...

No thank you Mrs. Jeter.  No disrespect to your son.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2014, 06:35:55 PM »

Really?  What has Jeter done except win a weak conference tournament this year, He is a great guy, not a high major coach

Milwarriorkee

• Starter
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2014, 06:36:18 PM »

This is high idiocy. Or mediocre trolling.

Doo

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2014, 06:40:49 PM »

As days have gone we hire UWM's Chancellor.
You shouldn't listen to that friend becasue MU hired the UWM Men's Soccer coach about 5 - 6 years ago

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2014, 06:43:36 PM »
Your perception is that it is amateur hour.    This stuff takes time.    Relax. 
Again, the voice of reason Tower.

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2014, 06:53:02 PM »
Really?  What has Jeter done except win a weak conference tournament this year, He is a great guy, not a high major coach

He didn't exactly win the conference, he won the conference TOURNAMENT, in no small part because of injuries to UWGB.

If winning a conference tournament qualifies someone to coach at MU, let's go after the coaches from American and Wofford.

If MU hires Jeter I will cancel my season tickets with full confidence that I'll be able to get good seats on the day of the game whenever I want them.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2014, 06:56:23 PM »
He didn't exactly win the conference, he won the conference TOURNAMENT, in no small part because of injuries to UWGB.

If winning a conference tournament qualifies someone to coach at MU, let's go after the coaches from American and Wofford.

If MU hires Jeter I will cancel my season tickets with full confidence that I'll be able to get good seats on the day of the game whenever I want them.

When most of the players bolt they'll let you sit on the bench.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2014, 06:58:10 PM »

I think I wrote tournament after conference, lets check again

NotBuzzWilliams

• Starter
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2014, 07:01:34 PM »

Lol no

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2014, 11:55:51 PM »
It's ONLY amateur hour on Scoop. Everyone else involved in the process is fine.

That's because they respect the process.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2014, 12:12:32 AM »

He won an NCAA championship.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

RamScam

• Walk-On
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2014, 04:53:59 AM »
There was a time at VCU when Shaka was announced that many fans and supporters were upset. Anthony Grant was god here after beating Duke.  Some fans were not happy after his first year as well.   If you get an up and coming coach, give him a chance.  He just might exceed your expectations.