[June 16, 2024, 03:09:36 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 16, 2024, 02:42:15 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by We R Final Four
[June 16, 2024, 11:50:43 AM]

President Lovell Passes Away by Skatastrophy
[June 15, 2024, 09:14:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Not a coincidence  (Read 30320 times)

willie warrior

• All American
Re: Not a coincidence
« Reply #125 on: March 26, 2014, 04:53:48 PM »
Quiet is good. I'm positive that VCU is chomping at the bit to put this to bed and they just can't. The moratorium on leaks is definitely adding to the suspense.
So what is VCU chomping at the bit about? If they know Smart is staying, they would announce. If Smart has told them he is leaving, do you really believe that VCU would not be making an announcement and searching.

Either case, they could give less of a damn about MU's timetable!
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #126 on: March 26, 2014, 04:59:56 PM »
Marquette was heading down that path like a freight train. We are fortunate Bill Cords returned with his standards and integrity fully intact. The man is a treasure.
I agree keefe, but he better strike gold with this hire.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #127 on: March 26, 2014, 05:07:08 PM »
So what is VCU chomping at the bit about? If they know Smart is staying, they would announce. If Smart has told them he is leaving, do you really believe that VCU would not be making an announcement and searching.

Either case, they could give less of a damn about MU's timetable!

Guys, guys, guys.

I don't think there are Shaka to MU rumors other than on this board.  I bet outside this board, and certainly outside Milwaukee/Wisconsin, everyone who has recently heard "Shaka to MU" also heard that it was a prank by some students and thus blew it off.

There was wild speculation, national speculation, about Shaka to Minnesota, UCLA, and Illinois.  This national coverage has been completely missing in "Shaka to MU" because they heard that it was a big Twitter hoax.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #128 on: March 26, 2014, 05:26:59 PM »
Guys, guys, guys.

I don't think there are Shaka to MU rumors other than on this board.  I bet outside this board, and certainly outside Milwaukee/Wisconsin, everyone who has recently heard "Shaka to MU" also heard that it was a prank by some students and thus blew it off.

There was wild speculation, national speculation, about Shaka to Minnesota, UCLA, and Illinois.  This national coverage has been completely missing in "Shaka to MU" because they heard that it was a big Twitter hoax.
So if they were just students pulling a prank, who were they, and why all the pre-mature ejaculation? And How did IWB get hoaxed?

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #129 on: March 26, 2014, 05:34:04 PM »
So if they were just students pulling a prank, who were they, and why all the pre-mature ejaculation? And How did IWB get hoaxed?

No no no.  I'm not saying that it actually was a hoax.  I believe IWB, BigDaddy et al.  I think they had legit information.  The thing is, people outside the media heard two things: "Shaka to MU" and "Local Milwaukee TV outlets fall for journalism students' prank of a false coaching announcement."  I think the media connects these two dots, when, in reality, these dots aren't exactly 100% related to each other.

In other words, the outside world thinks IWB was either in on the hoax or he himself was duped.  I (we Scoopers) don't believe either of these things because I'm on this board and I know his reputation.

brandx

« Reply #130 on: March 26, 2014, 05:37:38 PM »

Because he is not a journalist (and wanted to be FIRST). Which is the same that can be said about our local TV sportscasters.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #131 on: March 26, 2014, 05:40:03 PM »
OK, so it was all BS.

brandx

« Reply #132 on: March 26, 2014, 05:42:02 PM »
OK, so it was all BS.

I didn't say that. He had some legitimate information - but did not have the confirmation needed to say "Done Deal".

And without that, none of the other outlets reporting it as done would have happened.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #133 on: March 26, 2014, 05:43:25 PM »
I didn't say that. He had some legitimate information - but did not have the confirmation needed to say "Done Deal".

And without that, none of the other outlets reporting it as done would have happened.

Stated my thoughts better than I could.

Jet915

• Starter
« Reply #134 on: March 26, 2014, 06:42:30 PM »
Jet

For this fan all three are different levels of impact, but yes all impact. Probably one or two others as well.

Please tell me one or two others does not = Webber and Martin

SWARM!

• Starter
« Reply #135 on: March 26, 2014, 06:49:02 PM »
Please tell me one or two others does not = Webber and Martin

Us hiring keno Davis ain't going to make creighton any more relevant. Let it go and focus your attention on finding the next Kyle Korver.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #136 on: March 26, 2014, 11:57:42 PM »
Let's relax and respect the process.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

feedback