Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: On Campus w/Bill King and Jeff Goodman  (Read 22271 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: On Campus w/Bill King and Jeff Goodman
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2014, 11:52:05 AM »
I am going to try this board one more time..so here it goes.  This is what I know>

1. SS is #1 on the list.
2. An offer has been made to SS.
3. SS is ok with the terms of the agreement, but that does not mean that he has said yes to the agreement.. this may be where the confusion has come from.  It is one thing to say I am ok with the terms of the agreement and another to say I am signing it.  For example I have looked at properties to invest in and I have said I am ok with the terms, but in the end thought that I had a better place to invest. I asked if this was just a ploy to leverage more from VCU and the answer was they really think it is not.

4. It is not an easy decision for SS and he has lots of factors to consider.  His pay would almost double at MU and other positives..back to Wisconsin, but he is really happy at VCU.

5. Biggest concern is not having a President and AD, does not know who he will be accountable to.

6. MU is really close to naming new President so there is work on to see if there is a way to get targeted new President to talk with SS to get some comfort.  New targeted president is not a SOJ so if this discussion occurs then the there is no going back on who the new president will be.  No guarantee this will occur.

7. Ben H. is #2 on list, discussion have occurred and may rekindle if SS does not move forward soon.

8. Gm #3...but no discussions at this time.

9. IC is not a candidate at this time.

10.  IF SS does not agree today, Wednesday at latest, look for Ben H. to move to #1.

This is what I think.  No one knows if SS is coming, maybe even himself.  Until I see something solid from VCU or MU it is not done.  

I do have great faith in Fr. W, but especially Bill C.  He will do a great job.  I suggest we all just relax.

In Bill I Trust!!!

Called it as a deadline yesterday
Maigh Eo for Sam

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2014, 11:54:43 AM »
I am going to try this board one more time..so here it goes.  This is what I know>

1. SS is #1 on the list.
3. SS is ok with the terms of the agreement, but that does not mean that he has said yes to the agreement.. this may be where the confusion has come from.  It is one thing to say I am ok with the terms of the agreement and another to say I am signing it.  For example I have looked at properties to invest in and I have said I am ok with the terms, but in the end thought that I had a better place to invest. I asked if this was just a ploy to leverage more from VCU and the answer was they really think it is not.

4. It is not an easy decision for SS and he has lots of factors to consider.  His pay would almost double at MU and other positives..back to Wisconsin, but he is really happy at VCU.

5. Biggest concern is not having a President and AD, does not know who he will be accountable to.

6. MU is really close to naming new President so there is work on to see if there is a way to get targeted new President to talk with SS to get some comfort.  New targeted president is not a SOJ so if this discussion occurs then the there is no going back on who the new president will be.  No guarantee this will occur.

7. Ben H. is #2 on list, discussion have occurred and may rekindle if SS does not move forward soon.

10.  IF SS does not agree today, Wednesday at latest, look for Ben H. to move to #1.

This is what I think.  No one knows if SS is coming, maybe even himself.  Until I see something solid from VCU or MU it is not done.  

I do have great faith in Fr. W, but especially Bill C.  He will do a great job.  I suggest we all just relax.

In Bill I Trust!!!
Excellent. Thanks for the comprehensive report.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2014, 11:57:33 AM »
Thanks Big Daddy.

I just hope we don't wait too long on Howland and move lower than #2.....

Big Daddy 84

• Team Captain
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2014, 11:58:07 AM »
Forget Goose and Keefe ... LISTEN TO THIS MAN!

Don't throw Goose and Keefe under the bus, I am may not always agree with them, but they were sharing what they were hearing and passing it on.  Don't shoot the messenger..they were not making it up.  Some with in MU were misinterpreting info they got and so when others were getting this info and passing on they were sharing what they believed was true.

Go Warriors.

brandx

« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2014, 11:58:55 AM »

1. SS is #1 on the list.

In Bill I Trust!!!

Thank you for the responsible post. There are several people (IWB) who could learn how to do things from you.

humanlung

• Team Captain
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2014, 12:00:16 PM »
First intelligent comment (I was going to say Smart) I have seen here in 24 hours..well done.

Thanks, BigDaddy.  I appreciate it.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2014, 12:07:51 PM »
Excellent. Thanks for the comprehensive report.
9. IC? Who is IC?

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2014, 12:08:10 PM »

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2014, 12:08:29 PM »
I have zero direct knowledge of whats going on, but I'd say our ability to provide resources to a coach puts us in a position to take our time a little more, I'd guess.

If you're Howland, you'd be wise to wait and see if you can land MU vs. Wake. Could mean $1m per year difference not to mention Assistants salary, budget, etc.

This allows us to potentlly be a bit more deliberate in our search and not rushed.

That said, LOCK DOWN SS! GET THE DAMN THING DONE!
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

SWARM!

• Starter
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2014, 12:13:32 PM »
Uh oh.

Moving on?

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2014, 12:15:10 PM »

Talking about $3MM+?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2014, 12:20:57 PM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2014, 12:22:08 PM »
?

Shaka is likely out. Next man at the table.

SWARM!

• Starter
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2014, 12:24:22 PM »
Shaka is likely out. Next man at the table.

Bingo.

Logi4three

• Team Captain
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2014, 12:25:45 PM »
Don't throw Goose and Keefe under the bus, I am may not always agree with them, but they were sharing what they were hearing and passing it on.  Don't shoot the messenger..they were not making it up.  Some with in MU were misinterpreting info they got and so when others were getting this info and passing on they were sharing what they believed was true.

Go Warriors.

BigDaddy,

Thanks for all your posts.  How about your take on BW's departure.  In the past you have seemed to be very supportive of him and noted that some recruits are likely to come if BW is still here (e.g., MS, DS, etc.).   Any insight you can provide on the deparute?  I am sure it is too early to tell on any of the recruits until the kids know who they would be coming to play for so I will save that question for a later date.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2014, 12:32:55 PM »
SS is probably gonna back out.

Better start singing sweet songs to Howalnd STAT

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2014, 12:47:14 PM »

1. SS is #1 on the list.

In Bill I Trust!!!

Another angle ... send this to VCU's message boards and even its AD. 

Maybe SS passes on MU but he will leave VCU for greener pastures.  Maybe sooner than they think (hopefully later today!)

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2014, 12:47:47 PM »

1. SS is #1 on the list.

In Bill I Trust!!!

Best 100th post in Scoop history?

Thanks for some peace of mind.  I'm very pleased that the splash-names are still on here.

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2014, 12:49:48 PM »
Maybe SS passes on MU but he will leave VCU for greener pastures.  Maybe sooner than they think (hopefully later today!)

Actually that would really suck.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2014, 12:50:08 PM »

1. SS is #1 on the list.

In Bill I Trust!!!

Well done, weeeellll done :)

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2014, 12:51:35 PM »
Actually that would really suck.

Yea, but I would laugh my ass off at those VCU fans.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2014, 12:53:06 PM »

1. SS is #1 on the list.

In Bill I Trust!!!

Thank you BD84. Really appreciate the insight and how comprehensive this is. Also exciting is connecting the dots to see that the non-SOJ Prez is in line with what we've ben hearing about Kearney.

Always nice when someone can clear the air and cut down some of the disinformation that is out there. Best we can do is wait now and hope we hear one of those two names for HC!
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2014, 12:54:39 PM »
Thank you for the responsible post. There are several people (IWB) who could learn how to do things from you.

Amen. Well done. Thanks for the reasoned—and responsible—post.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2014, 02:10:24 PM »
BigDaddy

Thanks for the encouragement. Agreed we might not always be on same page but your insight is always welcome.

connie

• All American
« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2014, 02:15:13 PM »
Thanks Big Daddy! (Although that sounds really weird in print).
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

feedback