Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: On Campus w/Bill King and Jeff Goodman  (Read 22272 times)

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
Re: On Campus w/Bill King and Jeff Goodman
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2014, 08:45:22 AM »
Well, problem is, you got Wake and us now. There will probably be more jobs. If Howland does "want" the job, that helps both parties. If, he feels like he's been dicked with - which is part of the business - then who knows.

Again...bottom line is I don't trust this effing administration - or lack there of. It's a farce. They've had how many effing years now to get someone/people in place to run this university. It's a crape show and you are effing with the school's top money maker and top advertising face.

From a purely business perspective, this is laughable the way the school's operated. Vacant openings of top faculty and administration? There's a vacuum of leadership at that place.

Maybe I'm overreacting, but jesus aged Christ, how many years have we seen this school sit on its hands and bumble-eff things?

Howland's price is too high? Really? We are ready to pay someone $2.5-$3M a year. Get it done.

The Love House

• Starter
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2014, 08:45:42 AM »
I think his asking price was too high, so we moved to trying to spend that same amount to get Shaka.

Unfortunately, if Shaka falls through then Howland's asking price is only likely to go up, not down. I feel like we're getting played on both ends.

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2014, 08:51:50 AM »
Unfortunately, if Shaka falls through then Howland's asking price is only likely to go up, not down. I feel like we're getting played on both ends.

That's what happens when MU is playing checkers and top proven/experienced/wanted coaches are playing chess.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2014, 08:55:49 AM »
Cords, Wild, Broeker, Strong.  They've all been to the rodeo before.

Could some chuckleheads from the BOT be mucking it up?  Lotta ego up there.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2014, 09:10:00 AM »
Only ones mucking it up are local media running with stories that have no truth. And whoever the sources are for leaking it to the media.

Bobby Knight to Wisconsin
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2014, 09:14:32 AM »
Only ones mucking it up are local media running with stories that have no truth. And whoever the sources are for leaking it to the media.

TAMU, don't convince yourself that if it wasn't for the media, Shaka would be at Marquette right now.

Shaka is a big boy. He's not about to let some internet dweebs decide his future. If he wants to come to Marquette, he will. If he doesn't, he won't.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2014, 09:15:26 AM »

I was only asking the question.  See the ?

I was defending Corda, Wild, et al.  and I agree that the local media are running with speculation.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2014, 09:16:38 AM »
That's what happens when MU is playing checkers and top proven/experienced/wanted coaches are playing chess.
Please stop.
You have no idea what's happened or what is happening.

XavierFan

• Walk-On
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2014, 09:18:53 AM »
From Goodman:

"I hate Twitter...my wife is going to divorce me because of social media.

Yes...Shaka Smart is talking to Marquette. Personally, I don't think he ends up taking MU.  

Do you really think he's going to leave VCU to a school that doesn't have a Pres/AD...to a conference that doesn't give him a ton more visibility than the A-10?  I say no.  Shaka's a smart guy (no pun intended), but I just don't see it happening.  

On the otherside, heard that Gregg Marshall is interested in Marquette...but I've also been told that Marquette is not necessarily interested in Gregg Marshall."

Nothing earth shattering - if we miss out on Shaka and Howland, and STILL don't have interest in Marshall, I'll be left scratching my head.  

I've blocked off five hours today to dedicate to this circus.  My helmet is on, and I'm strapped in.

Goodman is a hack ever since he moved to ESPN ... Of course the Big East offers more visibility than the A10 ... it's just that Goodman works for ESPN, which doesn't have TV rights to the Big East. Trust me, I'm a Xavier fan and suffered through the A10 for 20 years -- an occasional game on ESPN and a few games on CBS Sports net ... and then scrambled to find games on regional Fox networks ... this year I watched EVERY SINGLE Xavier game from the comfort of my home on national TV ... It is not even close: Big East> A10

By the way, good luck on your search, hope you land a good one.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2014, 09:22:07 AM »
Well that does it for me. This charade is over...IWB should be ashamed of himself and lose all credibility.
Ha, hope you see the irony in this.

humanlung

• Team Captain
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2014, 09:37:47 AM »
I wonder if the delay might be related to lining up a meeting with the incoming Pres? Rumor was the choice is made but waiting for April to present to BOT.

Big Daddy 84

• Team Captain
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2014, 11:31:49 AM »
I wonder if the delay might be related to lining up a meeting with the incoming Pres? Rumor was the choice is made but waiting for April to present to BOT.

First intelligent comment (I was going to say Smart) I have seen here in 24 hours..well done.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2014, 11:32:53 AM »
First intelligent comment (I was going to say Smart) I have seen here in 24 hours..well done.

BigDaddy has spoken guys......Its happening...

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2014, 11:33:01 AM »

DAMNIT BIGDADDY!  I was just coming to terms with the fact that we are not in fact getting Shaka Smart, and now you pull this out?!  UGH!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2014, 11:36:47 AM »

Forget Goose and Keefe ... LISTEN TO THIS MAN!

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2014, 11:38:13 AM »
Is BigDaddy84 a journalism student?

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2014, 11:41:07 AM »

annnnd... the zoo is taken back by the animals after this comment. (although, it may not allude to anything, and may just be giving a compliment given that everyone is all over the place with drivel and that this particular comment was the least sucky out of all of them...)
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2014, 11:41:21 AM »
Big Daddy in the house!

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2014, 11:42:58 AM »
Why isn't he in Richhmond with the negotiatin' team?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2014, 11:48:05 AM »
So does this mean we have to wait till April to hear an announcement?
Bring back FFP!!!

Big Daddy 84

• Team Captain
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2014, 11:48:37 AM »
I am going to try this board one more time..so here it goes.  This is what I know>

1. SS is #1 on the list.
2. An offer has been made to SS.
3. SS is ok with the terms of the agreement, but that does not mean that he has said yes to the agreement.. this may be where the confusion has come from.  It is one thing to say I am ok with the terms of the agreement and another to say I am signing it.  For example I have looked at properties to invest in and I have said I am ok with the terms, but in the end thought that I had a better place to invest. I asked if this was just a ploy to leverage more from VCU and the answer was they really think it is not.

4. It is not an easy decision for SS and he has lots of factors to consider.  His pay would almost double at MU and other positives..back to Wisconsin, but he is really happy at VCU.

5. Biggest concern is not having a President and AD, does not know who he will be accountable to.

6. MU is really close to naming new President so there is work on to see if there is a way to get targeted new President to talk with SS to get some comfort.  New targeted president is not a SOJ so if this discussion occurs then the there is no going back on who the new president will be.  No guarantee this will occur.

7. Ben H. is #2 on list, discussion have occurred and may rekindle if SS does not move forward soon.

8. Gm #3...but no discussions at this time.

9. IC is not a candidate at this time.

10.  IF SS does not agree today, Wednesday at latest, look for Ben H. to move to #1.

This is what I think.  No one knows if SS is coming, maybe even himself.  Until I see something solid from VCU or MU it is not done.  

I do have great faith in Fr. W, but especially Bill C.  He will do a great job.  I suggest we all just relax.

In Bill I Trust!!!

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2014, 11:50:34 AM »
Why not let this play out to see who the idiot is before throwing your hat in the ring?

IWB has embarrassed himself as a journalist and can never be taken seriously again.

Shack

• Starter
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2014, 11:51:13 AM »
I am going to try this board one more time..so here it goes.  This is what I know>

1. SS is #1 on the list.
3. SS is ok with the terms of the agreement, but that does not mean that he has said yes to the agreement.. this may be where the confusion has come from.  It is one thing to say I am ok with the terms of the agreement and another to say I am signing it.  For example I have looked at properties to invest in and I have said I am ok with the terms, but in the end thought that I had a better place to invest. I asked if this was just a ploy to leverage more from VCU and the answer was they really think it is not.

4. It is not an easy decision for SS and he has lots of factors to consider.  His pay would almost double at MU and other positives..back to Wisconsin, but he is really happy at VCU.

5. Biggest concern is not having a President and AD, does not know who he will be accountable to.

6. MU is really close to naming new President so there is work on to see if there is a way to get targeted new President to talk with SS to get some comfort.  New targeted president is not a SOJ so if this discussion occurs then the there is no going back on who the new president will be.  No guarantee this will occur.

7. Ben H. is #2 on list, discussion have occurred and may rekindle if SS does not move forward soon.

10.  IF SS does not agree today, Wednesday at latest, look for Ben H. to move to #1.

This is what I think.  No one knows if SS is coming, maybe even himself.  Until I see something solid from VCU or MU it is not done.  

I do have great faith in Fr. W, but especially Bill C.  He will do a great job.  I suggest we all just relax.

In Bill I Trust!!!

Thank you.  This actually seems reasonable and hopeful at the same time.  Well done

The Process

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2014, 11:51:19 AM »
And boom.

Wow.
Relax. Respect the Process.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2014, 11:51:35 AM »

1. SS is #1 on the list.

In Bill I Trust!!!

Good stuff.  Thanks for your insight.  I also am pleased not to see Wardle listed.
Ludum habemus.

feedback