[June 10, 2024, 10:30:14 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[June 10, 2024, 06:17:14 PM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by Uncle Rico
[June 10, 2024, 05:59:32 PM]

President Lovell Passes Away by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 10, 2024, 03:28:57 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Buzz on CBS Right Now  (Read 18517 times)

mechaghidorah

• Starter
Re: Buzz on CBS Right Now
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2014, 05:25:57 PM »
After seeing that (and he's going to be on more), MU better knock the next hire out of the park.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2014, 05:26:59 PM »
I don't think Buzz understands that he lost all his charm.  His shtick will no longer play. 
No Finish Line

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2014, 05:27:26 PM »
I almost puked with Buzz selling your my boy to Kenny Smith.

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2014, 05:28:22 PM »
Assistants and recruits going with him, I'm sure he knows.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2014, 05:28:50 PM »
I don't think Buzz understands that he lost all his charm.  His shtick will no longer play.  

Really? Wholly disagree. Easy to say as the ex. That's going to continue to work across America. Sometimes it takes years to realize the person you love is batsh!t crazy.

Don't want to be Chicken Little, but I think he's going to leave this program in shambles. If not this year's recruits, certainly future years, and assistants as well.

mechaghidorah

• Starter
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2014, 05:29:14 PM »
I don't think Buzz understands that he lost all his charm.  His shtick will no longer play. 

Very smart of him to go on national TV like that.  Really makes it look like he dumped MU for bigger challenges.

brandx

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2014, 05:30:07 PM »
After 2 years in the cellar of the ACC, he won't be back on these shows.

Warrior_2002

• Team Captain
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2014, 05:31:20 PM »
I know he has to move on quickly and this is his first recruiting gig, but I thought he'd care about leaving Marquette more.  He said it was hard, but no emotion.  Not like i want him crying, but thought he have some better words to say.  Well...he's moved on, now I move on.  Next!

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2014, 05:32:04 PM »
Kinda threw the Big East under the bus, his aw shucks might just work in Virginny! Knows how to work the room!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 05:33:55 PM by Blueprint »

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2014, 05:32:21 PM »
It is hard not to be a jilted lover. I hope he crashes and burns. What a phony; relationships? Like the ones he forged over the last three-four years with his current recruits that ended in one quick, what is best for me moment?

Here is what I hear, Buzz: Relationships don't really mean anything. Because, in the end, my (Buzz's) relationship with you, recruit, is less important than my own needs and wants.

The reality is, that the above is life. However, Buzz has sold everyone on some notion that that notion doesn't apply to him.

Hypocrisy. Relationships, my rear end.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2014, 05:33:57 PM »
Can't believe that this thread still has people throwing accolades at this walking talking douche.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

mattyv1908

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2014, 05:34:40 PM »
Very smart of him to go on national TV like that.  Really makes it look like he dumped MU for bigger challenges.

Precisely.  That's why I don't understand if MU really encouraged him to leave why we wouldn't have just flat out fired the man.

It's not what actually happened that matters, but rather the perception of what happened.  If MU pushed him out the door then they played this situation about as poorly as they possibly could have.
Shut this board down at the opening tip.  If they win, open it back up.  If they lose, keep it shut it down until the next morning.  - Sultan of Slurpery

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2014, 05:35:31 PM »
Sounds like a Christ Complex to me

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2014, 05:35:45 PM »

New audience.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2014, 05:35:57 PM »
I know he has to move on quickly and this is his first recruiting gig, but I thought he'd care about leaving Marquette more.  He said it was hard, but no emotion.  Not like i want him crying, but thought he have some better words to say.  Well...he's moved on, now I move on.  Next!
There was no emotion because the guy never really had any. All a big pile of BS.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2014, 05:36:23 PM »
"And that's how it is in life," said Buzz "Socrates" Williams, a self-proclaimed authority on life, for the 17,364th time.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2014, 05:36:27 PM »
Didn't even answer the 1st question "why did you leave?"

Because it's embarrassing to tell the nation it was made clear your ethical standards fall well short of those expected by your employer and that after multiple warnings it was decided to let you leave with dignity.

Death on call

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2014, 05:36:36 PM »
This university is a mess. Regardless of what happened, there was no way we were going to come out of this looking like the good guys.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2014, 05:37:30 PM »
Going to be really fun seeing Crean and Buzz fired in the same season 4 years from now.

No postseason again next year and Crean is gone.

I can't believe people think Buzz is going to get fired. The bar is WAY low at VA Tech. With his JUCO connections and (assumed) lack of restrictions in that department, he'll likely have them rolling in a couple years. And by rolling I mean rolling by VA Tech standards. All it will take is being an NCAA participant in 2/3 years out of a 5 year span, regardless of if they get bounced 1st round. I'm confident he can get to that level fairly quickly, and he will be worshiped as a result. Remember, this is the school that has had NCAA tournament 2 appearances in the last 28 years, and their last S16 was 1967. NINETEEN SIXTY SEVEN! Whether he can get them to a level higher than 2/3 tourneys ever 5 years remains to be seen, but the barometer for success at VA Tech is at a crazy easy level for Buzz to meet or exceed.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2014, 05:37:37 PM »
Yeah, especially when he blew his lunch all over the New BEast.

Well, he sure sliced thru the BE like a hot knife in butter this season, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2014, 05:38:15 PM »
Precisely.  That's why I don't understand if MU really encouraged him to leave why we wouldn't have just flat out fired the man.

It's not what actually happened that matters, but rather the perception of what happened.  If MU pushed him out the door then they played this situation about as poorly as they possibly could have.

Marquette had 15 million reasons not to fire him.

Death on call

mechaghidorah

• Starter
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2014, 05:39:16 PM »
Always thought he was a really odd guy, but the realist in me has to admit that he probably is excited about going to a conference with Duke, NC, Virginia, NC State, etc, and leaving a conference with Xavier and Creighton.  He's going to a crappy team with absolutely zero expectations for success.  Any improvement he oversees will make him a hero.

The new Big East is an unglamorous turd that very few people are watching.  It sucks that MU is in this boat.  This whole situation is incredibly depressing.  

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2014, 05:39:53 PM »
This university is a mess. Regardless of what happened, there was no way we were going to come out of this looking like the good guys.

Starts with the Prez hire.....Gordon Gee is available.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2014, 05:41:38 PM »
Here's what I think its important to understand - Buzz really believes the things he says about relationships. But he defines "relationships" very narrowly. He sees his relationship as those with the AD, the BoT, the President. Those people are "Marquette" him. This message board is not Marquette. The students are not Marquette. The alumni base is not Marquette. We like to think that a coach has some connection to a school beyond the people in the corner offices, and in some cases that's probably true. But that was never true to Buzz.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2014, 05:42:29 PM »

Well, he sure sliced thru the BE like a hot knife in butter this season, aina?

Smarmy. That's the best way to describe BW. The Bronzed Beast is slimy but BW is smarmy.

Death on call