[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

NC State by MUMountin
[Today at 11:25:44 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: "Al Queda is being Slaughtered"  (Read 12045 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
"Al Queda is being Slaughtered"
« on: November 01, 2007, 08:02:12 PM »
Best news I've heard all day....of course I have to find it on Michael Yon's blog because the mainstream media apparently had another bad hair day and didn't think it was worth reporting.

“Al Qaeda in Iraq is defeated,” according to Sheik Omar Jabouri, spokesman for the Iraqi Islamic Party and a member of the widespread and influential Jabouri Tribe. Speaking through an interpreter at a 31 October meeting at the Iraqi Islamic Party headquarters in downtown Baghdad, Sheik Omar said that al Qaeda had been “defeated mentally, and therefore is defeated physically,” referring to how clear it has become that the terrorist group’s tactics have backfired. Operatives who could once disappear back into the crowd after committing an increasingly atrocious attack no longer find safe haven among the Iraqis who live in the southern part of Baghdad. They are being hunted down and killed. Or, if they are lucky, captured by Americans.
Yon described the progress he is currently seeing in Iraq as "unbelievable." Let's hope it continues.

http://www.michaelyon-online.com/wp/iraqi-islamic-party-says-al-qaeda-is-defeated.htm

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Re: "Al Queda is being Slaughtered"
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 02:03:52 AM »
Is this another "Mission Accomplished" sign?

And then a few weeks from now, Al-Queda launches their deadliest attack...where's this post going to be?

Why must be believe this guy? Then a U.S. military general says their work in Afghanistan is far from done. Is the Afghani resistance not Al-Queda?
SS Marquette

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 06:06:03 AM »
One can only hope.   Since they weren't there before we invaded, it is only fair that we get rid of them before we leave.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 11:19:24 AM »
Actually many experts said they were there before we got there, you just choose not to believe those experts and you believe your experts.  That's fine.

Mission Accomplished...yes...the battle hymn of the left....a banner for the vessel that was returning not for the entire war. One just needs to actually READ the speech on the carrier to prove that, but that would require effort.  Sigh

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 11:58:32 AM »
Of course Al Quida is getting slaughtered in Iraq-----that's been going on for the better part of 2007----but you'd never know it through the media as they don't report good news especially when it helps GWB.

Only 37 american deaths last month----things are getting under control-----political reconcilliation to follow.

Had we listened to Reid, Pelosi, and yes Hillary when she voted for immediate withdrawal-----instead of Al Quida gettind decimated----they'd be multiplying their numbers like rats as they would have been perceived as having won by forcing the USA out of Iraq-----what a bunch of complete dummies we have in control of the congress!

augoman

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 12:12:05 PM »
Very encouraging!  The best is that the Iraqis no longer tolerate the terrorists among them!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2007, 12:22:10 PM »
It's funny reading the responses here.....most people would see this as a GOOD THING.  Yet there are always those...ahem...that just can't wait to beat it down.  Hmm

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks

mviale

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2007, 10:24:12 AM »
General Petraes has done it.  Bush is a great mind.  Ok - bring the troops home and savor the success.
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2007, 10:52:58 AM »
General Petraes has done it.  Bush is a great mind.  Ok - bring the troops home and savor the success.

Sure, as soon as we bring the troops home from Korea, Germany, Japan, Bosnia, etc

mviale

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2007, 01:43:39 PM »
Of course we will not leave leave, but we dont need 160k there. The korean model is a good model.  I salute republicans for their foresight on Iraq - we did so much good and now it is time to declare victory.

Bring them home and lets have a parade!

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2007, 01:46:04 PM »
It's funny reading the responses here.....most people would see this as a GOOD THING.  Yet there are always those...ahem...that just can't wait to beat it down.  Hmm

It is a good thing. But even generals caution that this may be due to the spike in troops and worry that with the impending troop reductions in 2008, there will be a spike in the other way: American casualties.

I just don't like it when anyone says "Al-Queda (or whoever) is finished." What proof do they have? How do you determine they're "finished"? Is a white flag waved? For all we know, they go silent...because there's a possible storm on the horizon.
SS Marquette

mviale

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2007, 01:47:52 PM »
exactly - leave the Navy and a 30k force to guard against al quaeda.

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2007, 02:57:37 PM »
I agree to an extent----as Al Quida and the Shia militias  could be employing a new stratagy of laying in the weeds (planning and stockpiling weapons) until we pull the 30,000 troops out and the start raising havoc again during the US election campaign!

GWB would send them back, but the electorate wouldn't be happy and would boost Dem chances to gain a complete sweep------then Al Quida & the militias would anticipate a complete pullout-----but I think Hillary would NOT oblige----she may be the new "iron lady"----at least I hope so if she gets elected!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2007, 03:01:05 PM »
I don't see any AMERICAN military saying Al Queda is defeated, these are Iraqis and Arabs saying it.

Just as Bush never said "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED, the war is over" yet the left continues to bring that crap like he did.

On to the bigger questions....why are so many on the left DISAPPOINTED with this progress?  Second, why isn't the American media reporting it more?

Hmmm

tower912

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2007, 03:28:09 PM »
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2003/05/20030501-15.html

The text of the President's speech under the "Mission Accomplished" banner.    A fascinating read in hindsight.
  I wrote when Murf posted his first pro-surge thread that I hope it worked exactly like promised, but I was skeptical based on history.   If it worked exactly as promised, then we could get the hell out of there.     I thought then, as I do now, that the manpower on the ground was unsustainable and I am still skeptical as to what will happen when we start our drawdown.  We will have to see if the insurgents are pulling a rope-a-dope or not.   I hope I am wrong.   I still hope that rathole is secured and we can cut our troops on the ground to a tithe.    Rooting for failure?   Hardly.   Skeptical of success?   Closer to the truth.    At least for me.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2007, 05:03:46 PM »
Yes, it is a fascinating read....let's take a look.

"The transition from dictatorship to democracy will take time, but it is worth every effort. Our coalition will stay until our work is done. Then we will leave, and we will leave behind a free Iraq."

"Our mission continues. Al Qaeda is wounded, not destroyed. The scattered cells of the terrorist network still operate in many nations, and we know from daily intelligence that they continue to plot against free people. The proliferation of deadly weapons remains a serious danger. The enemies of freedom are not idle, and neither are we. Our government has taken unprecedented measures to defend the homeland. And we will continue to hunt down the enemy before he can strike."

"The war on terror is not over; yet it is not endless. We do not know the day of final victory, but we have seen the turning of the tide. No act of the terrorists will change our purpose, or weaken our resolve, or alter their fate. Their cause is lost. Free nations will press on to victory."

mviale

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2007, 10:21:12 PM »
The point is there wont be a "VE" or "VJ" day in Iraq - take the win, so our volunteer military force can get back to their families and attempt to regain lost morale since our initial military victory in Iraq.  From here on out, Iraq will/is a police action maintaining the political balance of power.

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2007, 06:46:47 AM »
Our troops will be active against Islamo-Facism for the next decade or two (maybe longer).
This probably will result in some sort of a military draft at some point-----as we will probably have to open up several more fronts before this is over. Have to prevent WMD from falling into their hands at all or any cost or as GWB says this could result in World War III.

A stable Iraq would help as a model of democracy (GWB's original idea) to deflect the concepts of radical Islam.

mviale

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2007, 02:51:44 PM »
Murf - yes, 30k plus Nato will do it.  The issue is that Bush is one of those kids that cant play nice with others in the world playground. We need a leader that can do this.  I dont see this on the dem side nor the republican side.   Wesley Clark was a good one,  but couldnt get votes.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2007, 03:18:35 PM »
Murf - yes, 30k plus Nato will do it.  The issue is that Bush is one of those kids that cant play nice with others in the world playground. We need a leader that can do this.  I dont see this on the dem side nor the republican side.   Wesley Clark was a good one,  but couldnt get votes.

Ah yes, more hyperbole.  If he can't play nice, it begs the question why 33 countries have troops on the ground and all of the other trade deals cut, etc.

Hyperbole king

mviale

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2007, 10:05:21 PM »
Chicos - how is mars doing?

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2007, 07:51:11 AM »
Mviale----what do you mean by "Bush not playing nice on the world playground"?

mviale

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2007, 05:02:40 PM »
No need to explain - you know exactly what I mean. I dont even need hyperbole here.

Anyway - our troops need to be shifted to the real issue - Afghanistan and Pakistan
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 05:19:43 PM by mviale »

feedback