[June 10, 2024, 10:30:14 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[June 10, 2024, 06:17:14 PM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by Uncle Rico
[June 10, 2024, 05:59:32 PM]

President Lovell Passes Away by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 10, 2024, 03:28:57 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: JJJ?  (Read 11848 times)

🏀

• All American
Re: JJJ?
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2014, 03:53:53 PM »

And baffled as to why my original post was deleted?! 

Don't be play dumb.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2014, 03:54:06 PM »
If it is a fact, is it smearing the kid??  You were given a reason as to why JJJ hasn't been playing...which has been surprising to all...

And....the statement originated from someone who is far more connected than "word on the street."

but does anyone know if it is a fact? if no one knows for sure, and rumors don't count, then yes, it is smearing

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2014, 03:55:54 PM »

Good job  Moderator. Kudos. Too much unsupported speculation from the "well connected" around here.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2014, 03:56:41 PM »
If it is a fact, is it smearing the kid??  You were given a reason as to why JJJ hasn't been playing...which has been surprising to all...

And....the statement originated from someone who is far more connected than "word on the street."

How do you know how connected he is?

And if he is more connected than "word on the street," why did he use the phrase "word on the street?"

Passing along unsubstantiated rumors is indeed smearing a kid.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2014, 03:58:06 PM »
Regardless of fact or not, that does not belong to be posted, rumored or speculated about by a bunch of adults on a message board.

I enjoy the open reign around here, but I'm glad that was removed.

Mutaman

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2014, 04:00:17 PM »
Regardless of fact or not, that does not belong to be posted, rumored or speculated about by a bunch of adults on a message board.

I enjoy the open reign around here, but I'm glad that was removed.

Bravo. I despise censorship, but we're dealing with kid's lives here. if you can't provide evidence in support of statements  about off the court activities, than STFU.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2014, 04:11:59 PM »
And personally...I don't see why it was so offensive??  Many kids in college struggle academically...as freshman.  Mayo has gotten blasted on this board for being academically ineligible for a semester...where was the outrage for Todd??  Instead Todd got labeled as a cancer, bad for the team, etc., etc., etc.,

Even though me (and others) had good information on Todd's academic issues, none of us posted about it until it was announced by Marquette.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2014, 04:23:32 PM »
Ners, again, you know better.

If Nevada is as 'connected' as you say he is, then he should be embarrassed. His presence around here has been nothing but an additional drag after losses with extreme negativity and the attitude of a teenager.

Now, for those of us that do have a connection, I would hope that is never shared regardless of context used.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2014, 04:23:57 PM »
Word on the street is that Ners beats his wife. Now you can draw your own conclusions from that. If its true, I'm not smearing him. And personally, why is my statement so offensive, many men beat their wives.

I think this may replace my signature.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2014, 04:24:12 PM »
He's a very connected source...I'll leave it at that...you can draw whatever conclusions from that you might like....and there is a reason some very connected sources might want to remain anonymous...and post in a tone such as:  "word on the street."

Maybe you shouldn't believe everything people tell you about themselves.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2014, 04:24:32 PM »
Word on the street is that Ners beats his wife. Now you can draw your own conclusions from that. If its true, I'm not smearing him. And personally, why is my statement so offensive, many men beat their wives.

Well that was really uncalled for.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2014, 04:26:43 PM »
Maybe you shouldn't believe everything people tell you about themselves.

oh snap!

🏀

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2014, 04:30:59 PM »
Well that was really uncalled for.

According to Ners though, it's not.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2014, 04:34:48 PM »
Ners, again, you know better.

If Nevada is as 'connected' as you say he is, then he should be embarrassed. His presence around here has been nothing but an additional drag after losses with extreme negativity and the attitude of a teenager.

Now, for those of us that do have a connection, I would hope that is never shared regardless of context used.

Agree...people can't out their connections for a wide variety of reasons.  As for Nevada - he's a frustrated "fan," as are many this season - and generally don't feel he's been any more malicious toward people here than have others toward him/other posters...people have mocked him for his grammar, etc.  He probably crossed the line today with the B$tch comment...but he's got a lot of legit reason to be frustrated with the team this year..
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2014, 04:38:40 PM »
According to Ners though, it's not.

Personally...I don't care what Mutaman posted..rolled right off my back...I'm just surprised at the faux outrage Nevada's post caused here as it wasn't with bad intention....it was to try to shed a little light on the situation...and it sure isn't any kind of cardinal sin for a kid to struggle academically as a freshman...

If any think Nevada is a troll....the guy was at the freaking Villanova game today...he's absolutely a MU "fan."

People have wanted to know what was going on with JJJ...trying to figure out why a 5-star recruit was riding bench....and Nevada simply offered a reason...
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

Mutaman

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2014, 05:41:52 PM »
Personally...I don't care what Mutaman posted..rolled right off my back...

Nothing personal. We're all feeling bad today. Just an attempt to show how dangerous (and foolish) unsupported speculation can be. Beat Providence!

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2014, 05:59:58 PM »
Nothing personal. We're all feeling bad today. Just an attempt to show how dangerous (and foolish) unsupported speculation can be. Beat Providence!

No worries...but I can confidently say Nevada's post wasn't with bad intention at all..or intended to be hurtful to JJJ...was really just trying to shed a little light as to what's behind the DNP's...based on what he knows as it relates to the team/situation...

Mutaman

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2014, 06:30:12 PM »
No worries...but I can confidently say Nevada's post wasn't with bad intention at all..or intended to be hurtful to JJJ...was really just trying to shed a little light as to what's behind the DNP's...based on what he knows as it relates to the team/situation...

Intent has nothing to do with it.