Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: JJJ?  (Read 11812 times)

vacinator

• Walk-On
JJJ?
« on: March 02, 2014, 03:03:11 PM »
Anyone else concerned, down by 20 3 minutes left why is he not playing?

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: JJJ?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 03:05:06 PM »
I'm hoping to God that he has mono or something
Maigh Eo for Sam

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 03:08:04 PM »
He played the last 2 minutes.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 03:09:35 PM »
Not sure why people are flippin' out that he should have played earlier.  He simply fell behind others on the depth chart...like Jake Thomas did last year.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 03:09:46 PM »
Concerned? Uhhhh yes, to say the least.  That's some "good as gone" treatment.  Hate to speculate but...
No Finish Line

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 03:16:24 PM »
He has just as much, if not more talent than anyone on the team. Hasn't played in 4 games and comes in and nails a 3 with a defender all over him. There is absolutely no reason why he shouldn't be given a couple minutes in each half to see if he can give this team a spark. JT is hit or miss and besides playing well in a couple of games lately hasn't been spectacular or even average for much of the season. Really a shame and if he leaves, Marquette is going to regret big time I believe.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 03:19:55 PM »
He has just as much, if not more talent than anyone on the team. Hasn't played in 4 games and comes in and nails a 3 with a defender all over him.

1. He wasn't "all over him."

2. He was a back up

3. The game was effectively over

That little bit of game action proves absolutely nothing.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 03:20:05 PM »
Again, no reason to believe that JJJ is going to transfer. He has played more minutes than most frosh under Buzz.

Thomas barely played last season and now he is 2nd on the team in minutes. JJJ will have the opportunity to earn those kind of minutes.
TAMU

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 03:23:44 PM »
He has just as much, if not more talent than anyone on the team. Hasn't played in 4 games and comes in and nails a 3 with a defender all over him. There is absolutely no reason why he shouldn't be given a couple minutes in each half to see if he can give this team a spark. JT is hit or miss and besides playing well in a couple of games lately hasn't been spectacular or even average for much of the season. Really a shame and if he leaves, Marquette is going to regret big time I believe.

I can accept an argument for getting JJJ some minutes.  But to say he should be playing in place of JT because he's "below average" is so baseless it's laughable
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 03:25:26 PM by NickelDimer »
No Finish Line

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2014, 03:25:40 PM »

1. He wasn't "all over him."

2. He was a back up

3. The game was effectively over

That little bit of game action proves absolutely nothing.

Oh sorry, how about right up on him? So what if the game was effectively over...he didn't play in 4 games and still hit his only shot. It amazes me the lengths you go to do defend the Derricks and the Jakes of the world, but never have anything positive to say about him.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2014, 03:28:36 PM »
Oh sorry, how about right up on him? So what if the game was effectively over...he didn't play in 4 games and still hit his only shot. It amazes me the lengths you go to do defend the Derricks and the Jakes of the world, but never have anything positive to say about him.

I don't agree with your hatred of Derrick, but I understand it. Jake on the other hand, I really don't get. He struggle tonight but has been killing it lately. What does he have to do to earn your fandom?
TAMU

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2014, 03:28:47 PM »

Because he doesn't look better on both sides of the floor than Jake or Todd do.  It's really that simple.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2014, 03:29:38 PM »

Can you explain why this matters? It's not as though JJJ wasn't even touching a basketball... he was still at practice, shootarounds, heck even warmups before the game and at half.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2014, 03:30:26 PM »
I can accept an argument for getting JJJ some minutes.  But to say he should be playing in place of JT because he's "below average" is so baseless it's laughable

You misunderstood what I was saying. Jake has performed poorly in a number of games this year...I would like to see JJJ get a couple of minutes in these games to see if he can provide a spark. I actually have come around on Jake and think overall he is an average player who has good games and stinkers. When he doesn't have it going, why not try something else? Even if he is playing well JJJ should still see some playing time.

brandx

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2014, 03:30:30 PM »
jjj's game is offense. Our starters rained 17 points on the basket today - blistered the nets at 21% - 5-23.

Who needs him ?-(

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2014, 03:33:24 PM »
You misunderstood what I was saying. Jake has performed poorly in a number of games this year...I would like to see JJJ get a couple of minutes in these games to see if he can provide a spark. I actually have come around on Jake and think overall he is an average player who has good games and stinkers. When he doesn't have it going, why not try something else? Even if he is playing well JJJ should still see some playing time.

Just giving guys "some playing time" was the very thing some on this board were complaining about earlier this year.

Villanova is just a better team.  Marquette isn't as good as we thought they would be.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2014, 03:38:21 PM »
I don't agree with your hatred of Derrick, but I understand it. Jake on the other hand, I really don't get. He struggle tonight but has been killing it lately. What does he have to do to earn your fandom?

I have started to come around on Jake and actually find him to be a very valuable member of our team. He is inconsistent however and for every great game he has, he has a mediocre game as well. My point was when he is struggling, why not give JJJ some minutes? He offers outside shooting and I think he is a better slasher/finisher.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2014, 03:40:12 PM »
I have started to come around on Jake and actually find him to be a very valuable member of our team. He is inconsistent however and for every great game he has, he has a mediocre game as well. My point was when he is struggling, why not give JJJ some minutes? He offers outside shooting and I think he is a better slasher/finisher.

because if Jake is struggling, Todd gets the minutes at the 2.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2014, 03:42:20 PM »
Can you explain why this matters? It's not as though JJJ wasn't even touching a basketball... he was still at practice, shootarounds, heck even warmups before the game and at half.

Well I think it's a credit to his character that after not playing for 4 games, he's able to step in and hit a 3. It can't be easy not playing and would be easy to lose focus. Also, it's not easy to hit a 3 in a game at anytime, under any circumstance as a certain pg on our team can attest to.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2014, 03:44:12 PM »
because if Jake is struggling, Todd gets the minutes at the 2.

Jake and Todd play at the same time a lot. JJJ could be out there instead of Jake for a couple minutes here and there.

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2014, 03:47:52 PM »

You probably shouldn't make such declarative statements about posters that you personally don't know....I'd take that statement from Nevada as well informed...

And...it actually should provide some comfort to those fearing JJJ might transfer...as if lack of PT is based on trying to get JJJ to get his academics in order....it becomes more explainable.

Well informed? Based on what? Its ok to smear a kid based on "word on the street". I , and everybody else, make declarative statements about posters based on what they post. The proof is in the pudding.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 03:51:11 PM by Mutaman »

mviale

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2014, 03:50:02 PM »
Jake and Todd play at the same time a lot. JJJ could be out there instead of Jake for a couple minutes here and there.
. Agree, jake had a horrible game. Outclassed
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2014, 03:50:57 PM »
Well informed? Based on what? Its ok to smear a kid based on "word on the street". I , and everybody else, make declarative staements about posters based on what they post. The proof is in the pudding.

If it is a fact, is it smearing the kid??  You were given a reason as to why JJJ hasn't been playing...which has been surprising to all...

And....the statement originated from someone who is far more connected than "word on the street."

And baffled as to why my original post was deleted?!  
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2014, 03:51:09 PM »
No questioning Jake's effort.  He is simply athletically overmatched at times as he has been in both Nova games.  Itis what it is.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2014, 03:51:40 PM »

jake and todd play at the same time a lot when jake is playing well. if jake is struggling, and off the floor due to his struggling, mayo is at the 2. that's what i meant.