collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: A $60mil high school stadium?  (Read 1107 times)

jesmu84

• All American

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: A $60mil high school stadium?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 12:02:22 AM »
And the taxpayers approved the bond for it.  Can't wait to hear what the price tag is to fix it.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 12:08:18 AM »
And the taxpayers approved the bond for it.  Can't wait to hear what the price tag is to fix it.

I will never be able to understand the thought processes of those TX schools. $60mil for a stadium. if you're going to do something that freaking outrageous, why not a $30mil stadium and $30mil to improve your academics?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 12:15:15 AM »
I will never be able to understand the thought processes of those TX schools. $60mil for a stadium. if you're going to do something that freaking outrageous, why not a $30mil stadium and $30mil to improve your academics?

Maybe, but throwing more money at academics has a dubious track record as well.  More money doesn't necessarily = better results.  I put a graph up here a few days ago showing how test results haven't improved a lick in the last 20 years despite expenditures going up X fold.

There is an article in Forbes from last year why the chose to build this stadium.    http://www.forbes.com/sites/bobcook/2012/08/13/why-allen-texas-built-a-60-million-high-school-football-stadium/

But don't fret, the brilliance of California with a $578 million school complex that opened up a few years ago.  That's not a typo, $578 million school complex (elementary, middle and high school). 

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Education/2010/0824/How-does-a-578-million-school-get-built-amid-cuts-layoffs-in-L.A.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 12:17:32 AM »
Maybe, but throwing more money at academics has a dubious track record as well.  More money doesn't necessarily = better results.  I put a graph up here a few days ago showing how test results haven't improved a lick in the last 20 years despite expenditures going up X fold.

There is an article in Forbes from last year why the chose to build this stadium.    http://www.forbes.com/sites/bobcook/2012/08/13/why-allen-texas-built-a-60-million-high-school-football-stadium/

But don't fret, the brilliance of California with a $578 million school complex that opened up a few years ago.  That's not a typo, $578 million school complex (elementary, middle and high school). 

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Education/2010/0824/How-does-a-578-million-school-get-built-amid-cuts-layoffs-in-L.A.

that's fair. didn't know those stats. but, my underlying point is how ridiculous it is to spend that kind of money on a freaking high school stadium

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 01:37:52 AM »
that's fair. didn't know those stats. but, my underlying point is how ridiculous it is to spend that kind of money on a freaking high school stadium

I think they would argue it is a stadium that is used for high school games, but more than just that.  I don't disagree with you, but that is probably what they will argue based on the Forbes story from last year.