Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Cracked Sidewalks]Be That Mistake Marquette!  (Read 6163 times)

CrackedSidewalksSays

[Cracked Sidewalks]Be That Mistake Marquette!
« on: February 25, 2014, 07:45:06 PM »
Be That Mistake Marquette!

It's another week of aghast filled Marquette basketball and so another Scrambled Eggs podcast.  The podcast starts with a walk through of the Creighton game and how disappointed the fan base.  We also discuss Phil's story of Creighton fan's getting kicked out the Bradley Center.  We next move on to the almost DeBacle at DePaul.  The All State arena is always an MU house of horrors, this time it almost exceeded all previous instances.  In fact, we debate two plays that might just be Marquette's season in microcosm.  We then move on to the oft-discussed NCAA tournament and Marquette's chances.  That's were Joe coins a phrase that we will ride into the ground and the genesis of this post's title.  Lastly we discuss the next two games on the schedule (Georgetown and Villanova) to determine what Marquette needs to do to end the season.  If you are going to make a mistake listening to any podcast, we want to be that mistake!  <iframe id='audio_iframe' src='http://www.podbean.com/media/player/audio/postId/5073001?url=http%3A%2F%2Fscrambledeggs.podbean.com%2F2014%2F02%2F25%2Fbe-that-mistake-marquette%2F' data-link='http://www.podbean.com/media/player/audio/postId/5073001?url=http%3A%2F%2Fscrambledeggs.podbean.com%2F2014%2F02%2F25%2Fbe-that-mistake-marquette%2F' height='100' width='100%' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' data-name='pb-iframe-player' ></iframe> Download this episode (right click and save)

Source: Be That Mistake Marquette!

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Re: [Cracked Sidewalks]Be That Mistake Marquette!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 07:49:04 PM »
I think we've got all sound issues cleaned up including the high pitched noise removed.  Let me know if it's better, worse, or if something else needs to be done.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 08:38:00 AM »
Wow .. didn't know that Creighton fans were such d-bags.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 09:22:48 AM »

Old and potty mouthed is not a good combination.  I wonder if this is a MVC carryover.  Quite a shock to expect good natured banter back and forth and to instead be told to commit acts of unnatural carnal knowledge on ourselves; in front of kids, no less.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 11:17:20 AM »
We had 2 nice CU fans behind us at the game.  Met a few other nice CU fans at Goolsby's.  Can't universally condemn fans based on a small sample size.

Unless they are Badgers or Domers.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 11:40:15 AM »
Derrick's last 3PA was in a win against Xavier
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 11:51:23 AM »
We had 2 nice CU fans behind us at the game.  Met a few other nice CU fans at Goolsby's.  Can't universally condemn fans based on a small sample size.

Unless they are Badgers or Domers.

You had me worried until that last sentence! ;)

I loved Joe's implying that Creighton was the Wisconsin of the Big East.  (A three point shooting team that flops.)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 11:53:02 AM by LittleMurs »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 04:53:15 PM »
You had me worried until that last sentence! ;)

I loved Joe's implying that Creighton was the Wisconsin of the Big East.  (A three point shooting team that flops.)
Both kind of choke come tournament time--Wisconsin to a lesser extent. Creighton has been to the Big Dance nine times, yes NIIIINE times, since 1999 and advanced no further than the round of 32. In fact their last Sweet 16 was 1974. Since 1999, Wisconsin has been to the tourney 15 times in a row and counting, with one Final Four in 2000 and an Elite 8 appearance in 2005 (2000, too). (At least the Braves won one in 1995).

towncryer

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2014, 05:10:31 PM »
As an Omaha resident and non-Creighton fan, I have the following observations on their fanbase...

1. For the most part, good natured but very entitled.
2. They simultaneously want to be an underdog mid-major team AND get respect the way traditional powers get it.
3. Like most fanbases, when Creighton is good, the fans are fervent supporters, pack the house, and honk about it all the time.  When they're bad, all they do is talk about how they're still better than Nebraska's b-ball team.

4.  Here's the most telling one...we have a special breed of fan in Nebraska we refer to as Jay-Skers.  They wear red and support the University of Nebraska's football team all fall, but wear blue and support Creighton basketball in the winter...and bash on the Nebraska basketball program.  I cheer for the Nebraska football and basketball teams, but I was raised on Marquette basketball. 

I poke fun at Creighton fans because I'm surrounded, but truly they are pretty decent.  A few bad apples and all...

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2014, 06:35:04 PM »

Yeah I wouldn't universally condemn them, but I was expecting good friendly banter and some good natured competitiveness.  For the most part I got a bunch of you suck how did you even get in this conference type of vibe.  In the pod I couldn't get into the details of what they were saying but even in college I would have been like, whoa dude pump the brakes
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2014, 06:35:37 PM »
Derrick's last 3PA was in a win against Xavier

Good note, couldn't remember.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2014, 06:36:45 PM »
Appreciate something stirring the pot....how was the sound quality for this pod?  Tried some new things that I think helped but I can't always tell what you guys are getting versus what I have.

Rollout-the-Barrel

• Starter
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2014, 07:04:02 PM »
Quality was good but the max volume I could get on my ipad was much quieter than other pods I listen to.  Might be the first time I've listened to sports analysis from someone who just listened to it on the radio when discussing DePaul game, but it's interesting to hear what Mac and Homer had to say.  Thanks again for doing the pod.
"We have the blues on the run!"

nathanziarek

• All American
    • Late to the Party
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2014, 08:01:22 PM »
Appreciate something stirring the pot....how was the sound quality for this pod?  Tried some new things that I think helped but I can't always tell what you guys are getting versus what I have.

Phil was louder than Joe. I kept turning it up when Joe would talk only to blow out my speakers when Phil spoke. It was a bit quiet overall, but otherwise was clear and well put together.
Marquette Basketball on Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/mubb

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2014, 01:09:14 PM »
Phil was louder than Joe. I kept turning it up when Joe would talk only to blow out my speakers when Phil spoke. It was a bit quiet overall, but otherwise was clear and well put together.
Ditto. My car stereo speakers were purring at the highest volume and I was just making out the dialogue.

Jackson_Downer

• Starter
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2014, 02:36:09 PM »
Yes, I put this podcast in the middle of a playlist so it goes right to music when it's over and I have to remember to be ready to crank the volume down for the return to music lest I blow my speakers out.
"Nice helmet!"
"Actually, it's not a helmet, it's a hairmet.  You see, it's got extra room in it so you don't mess up your hairdo."
"I'm going to write you a prescription for two testicles, you get it filled whenever."

-Scrubs