[Today at 04:49:35 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Shooter McGavin
[June 14, 2024, 11:05:04 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by mug644
[June 14, 2024, 11:02:51 PM]

2024-25 Roster by El Guerrero 2
[June 14, 2024, 10:37:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Thanks to MU Scoop Moderators  (Read 16953 times)

NersEllenson

• All American
Thanks to MU Scoop Moderators
« on: February 24, 2014, 06:33:52 PM »
In a somewhat ironic and funny stat....the MU Scoop thread on BrewCity Ball has more replies to it than any other recent topic on that board other than the DePaul game thread.

Funny, there is a guy over there ripping our Mod - Hilltopper - who made a few nice posts on that site - for "washing his hands of responsibility" over moderating this site more heavy handedly. 

Find it laughable that a poster there would take shots at the Mods here - who provide a GREAT forum for MU fans, charge nothing for it, and use their free time to keep the site up and running, moderate at certain points etc...and the poster doesn't have to nor doesn't post here - so why get worked up over MUScoop??

I'd say the moderation style here has been perfect - 1st amendment applies - its a free country, speech shouldn't be censored...so long as it isn't racially charged, hateful, discriminatory.  And, the posting activity and membership count here suggest that their decision on how to moderate this board has been the right one.

So, thanks Mods for providing a great platform, and allowing for free speech to prevail - from one of your more controversial posters.   ;D
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Thanks to MU Scoop Moderators
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 06:56:56 PM »
I post early and often. Gotta say this site is the tits. Pretty much you can do whatever here from kickin' it to body slams and its all good. As for other forums related to Warrior BB, they'll ban ya for common sense thoughts like "Crean farts in the bathtub."
BTW, Crean sucks.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 07:07:56 PM »
The mods here are power hungry and in it just for the money. Nobody should believe their shill, Ners', propaganda.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 07:09:07 PM »
Quit being a mod slurper.    :D
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 07:20:45 PM »
I post early and often. Gotta say this site is the tits. Pretty much you can do whatever here from kickin' it to body slams and its all good. As for other forums related to Warrior BB, they'll ban ya for common sense thoughts like "Crean farts in the bathtub."
BTW, Crean sucks.
I guess that says it all.   :-\

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 07:23:45 PM »
And we can say unnatural carnal knowledge and hairy wet cats.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 07:24:37 PM »
BTW, Crean sucks.
And you know what Crean does in the bathtub...how?
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 07:26:29 PM »
Quit being a mod slurper.    :D

Well played Tower.   ;D
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2014, 07:37:14 PM »
I enjoyed Brews posts on scoop.  It's too bad he left.

This board has gone nuts at time with excessive Buzz bashing, the whole Derrick/Dawson thing, ad naseum.  The vast majority on this board does not engage in that crap.  The few that do...

I much prefer this site at the end of the day.  Just wish some posters would stop making the same point over and over and....

By the way, does anyone know what happened to Doc Bheart?  Haven't seen him post in a few months.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2014, 07:38:30 PM »
Ners pollution lol
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2014, 07:41:56 PM »
In a somewhat ironic and funny stat....the MU Scoop thread on BrewCity Ball has more replies to it than any other recent topic on that board other than the DePaul game thread.

Funny, there is a guy over there ripping our Mod - Hilltopper - who made a few nice posts on that site - for "washing his hands of responsibility" over moderating this site more heavy handedly. 

Find it laughable that a poster there would take shots at the Mods here - who provide a GREAT forum for MU fans, charge nothing for it, and use their free time to keep the site up and running, moderate at certain points etc...and the poster doesn't have to nor doesn't post here - so why get worked up over MUScoop??

I'd say the moderation style here has been perfect - 1st amendment applies - its a free country, speech shouldn't be censored...so long as it isn't racially charged, hateful, discriminatory.  And, the posting activity and membership count here suggest that their decision on how to moderate this board has been the right one.

So, thanks Mods for providing a great platform, and allowing for free speech to prevail - from one of your more controversial posters.   ;D

Rock on!

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2014, 08:41:33 PM »

This board has gone nuts at time with excessive Buzz bashing, the whole Derrick/Dawson thing, ad naseum.  The vast majority on this board does not engage in that crap.  The few that do...

I much prefer this site at the end of the day.  Just wish some posters would stop making the same point over and over and....

By the way, does anyone know what happened to Doc Bheart?  Haven't seen him post in a few months.

Keefe left him in Ecuador by mistake

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2014, 09:03:19 PM »
Man, them cats on the Brew City Ball Forum talkin that trash?

Me, Ners, Aughnanure, and Keefe took those fools down when we ran into them at the BE tourney in NYC last year.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/gu3X7rf9i5A?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;start=12" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/gu3X7rf9i5A?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;start=12</a>

Scoop Crew for life!

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2014, 09:16:24 PM »
Oooh, I thought you were going here:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/NwwY9y6O3hw?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/NwwY9y6O3hw?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3</a>

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2014, 12:35:55 AM »
You're welcome.

The mods here are power hungry and in it just for the money. Nobody should believe their shill, Ners', propaganda.

You're banned.  And we sold all your information to Instagram for a pretty penny.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2014, 01:54:11 AM »

Brew certainly posted a lot on Scoop, and much of it was quality.  But then he began to believe that since he was such a HUGH contributor, he should have a say in running the place, and started bullying people.  You win some you lose some. 

Not really sure what happened there.  It appears he disagreed with hilltopper calling him out.  Didn't seem like an unreasonable conversation, but he decided to end "the relationship"

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=41034.msg543077#msg543077

For some of the noobs here, let me cover a few things. 

Feel free to talk about and link to Dodd's scout site, and IWB's site.  The more information the Marquette community has the better.  Google can get you to these places but I'll even help you out....

http://marquette.scout.com/

http://www.brewcityball.com/

If they have something interesting to point out, feel free to link to them here.  They may not have the same rules, so check with them before you link back to us when posting on their forums.

I do take issue with anyone that calls the moderators here negligent.  MUScoop averaged 19+ posts per hour for January.  Think about it, that's like 19 text messages every hour of the day in January (14,628 for the whole month), and we're somehow supposed to make sure that not a single one of them offends anybody.  (Sorry Derrick, you were probably the most offended, but on the other hand you were also the most defended...). 

Oh right, and nobody here is making money off this.  We are now displaying ads to the anybody that doesn't log into the site.  Optimistically I'm hoping that covers half of our costs.  I'll have a better picture of it once we get into the off-season.

Those that like to complain, I think the rest of the mods would agree that if someone else could setup a site where Marquette fans were comfortable talking freely, we'd happily disappear into the night.  I mean, sure we've have to give up our private jets, but .... oh right, we're just fans of Marquette basketball too. 

Go Warriors.  (yeah, yeah, Golden Egols...)

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2014, 05:54:53 AM »
Thanks for reposting that thread.

There was nothing outrageous in that thread.   Doc seems to disagree. 

You have to take scoop for what it is.  Sometimes you have to have thick skin.  Some people you put on ignore.  Most often, it's lots of fun.  Besides, I hear they have a really good fishing thread.  Brew City doesn't have one of those. :o

Doc and Brew were good contributors.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2014, 07:59:48 AM »
Anyone that gets angry enough about a website/community to quit that community in a huff of nerd-rage needs to reevaluate how much time they spend on the Internet.

A bunch of anonymous old men talking about a game on the Internet shouldn't get you worked up.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2014, 08:23:10 AM »
Not really sure what happened there.  It appears he disagreed with hilltopper calling him out.  Didn't seem like an unreasonable conversation, but he decided to end "the relationship"

Whoa .. I never thought Blackhart was "out" of Scoop .. just of that thread.  I was just asking an honest question with no intent on "outing" anyone.    I'll email him about it.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2014, 08:24:16 AM »
Anyone that gets angry enough about a website/community to quit that community in a huff of nerd-rage needs to reevaluate how much time they spend on the Internet.

A bunch of anonymous old men talking about a game on the Internet shouldn't get you worked up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCgjhYeIqmo

LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYY  JEEEENNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSS

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2014, 08:28:38 AM »
Brew certainly posted a lot on Scoop, and much of it was quality.  But then he began to believe that since he was such a HUGH contributor, he should have a say in running the place, and started bullying people.  You win some you lose some. 

For some of the noobs here, let me cover a few things. 

Feel free to talk about and link to Dodd's scout site, and IWB's site.  The more information the Marquette community has the better.  Google can get you to these places but I'll even help you out....

http://marquette.scout.com/

http://www.brewcityball.com/

If they have something interesting to point out, feel free to link to them here.  They may not have the same rules, so check with them before you link back to us when posting on their forums.

I do take issue with anyone that calls the moderators here negligent.  MUScoop averaged 19+ posts per hour for January.  Think about it, that's like 19 text messages every hour of the day in January (14,628 for the whole month), and we're somehow supposed to make sure that not a single one of them offends anybody.  (Sorry Derrick, you were probably the most offended, but on the other hand you were also the most defended...). 

Oh right, and nobody here is making money off this.  We are now displaying ads to the anybody that doesn't log into the site.  Optimistically I'm hoping that covers half of our costs.  I'll have a better picture of it once we get into the off-season.

Those that like to complain, I think the rest of the mods would agree that if someone else could setup a site where Marquette fans were comfortable talking freely, we'd happily disappear into the night.  I mean, sure we've have to give up our private jets, but .... oh right, we're just fans of Marquette basketball too. 

Go Warriors.  (yeah, yeah, Golden Egols...)

I knew it..I knew it...You mods have a private jet just like Buzz does--or do you share? Obviously with the private jet, you get to recruit the best talent to Scoop.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2014, 08:51:44 AM »
And you know what Crean does in the bathtub...how?

He said "common sense"  I just shudder to think what else Crean does in the bathtub.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2014, 09:28:43 AM »
Whoa .. I never thought Blackhart was "out" of Scoop .. just of that thread.  I was just asking an honest question with no intent on "outing" anyone.    I'll email him about it.

You can be such a Cretin to some posters. ;)

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2014, 01:34:51 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCgjhYeIqmo

LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYY  JEEEENNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSS

Leroy is like an old friend that I run into from time to time...and I'm always happy to see him.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2014, 04:08:53 PM »
Well, you run a biker bar you're gonna have some tables damaged and glasses stolen...

Death on call

feedback