[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2014 MLB Thread & Pissing Match  (Read 243848 times)

🏀

• All American
Re: 2014 MLB Thread & Pissing Match
« Reply #100 on: April 10, 2014, 12:51:10 PM »
I'm not defending Braun here (nor will I ever again), but I'm having trouble following your argument here.  Maybe if you could define "consistent use" (i.e. frequency and duration) that might help...

The guy is one step away from being banned from baseball, and having the remainder of his contract voided as a result; one more positive test will cost him over $100M.  Even if everything you said is true, I don't see how anyone could be that type of stupid.

Consistent user meaning he used more than just to get over one injury.

Look at how stupid ARod is/was. Sosa was so stupid he forgot how to speak English. McGwire was so stupid he couldn't talk about the past. These guys will do anything, and this goes well beyond Braun, I don't want to pick on just him.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #101 on: April 10, 2014, 12:51:48 PM »
MikeDeane: He's been tested repeatedly which would indicate he hasn't consistently used.

Ah.. this is the crux of the problem. You don't understand the PEDs or masking agents that players take now at all.

Or how the development of PEDs is several years ahead of the testing for the new developments.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #102 on: April 10, 2014, 12:57:47 PM »

Look at how stupid ARod is/was. Sosa was so stupid he forgot how to speak English. McGwire was so stupid he couldn't talk about the past. These guys will do anything, and this goes well beyond Braun, I don't want to pick on just him.

These people have nothing to do with Braun.  You're saying they are of the same mentality as Braun, which is a very poor argument and is stereotyping.  You don't know how Braun thinks. 

🏀

• All American
« Reply #103 on: April 10, 2014, 01:00:29 PM »
These people have nothing to do with Braun.  You're saying they are of the same mentality as Braun, which is a very poor argument and is stereotyping.  You don't know how Braun thinks. 

See previous post about coming back when you've read up on the topic.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #104 on: April 10, 2014, 01:01:11 PM »
Or how the development of PEDs is several years ahead of the testing for the new developments.

This is right. Bonds never failed a test (at least as far as I can recall), but I am 100% certain he was using steroids.

Then again, I don't care. Don't care if its Braun, ARod, Puig, Trout, or (insert player name here). It doesn't matter to me. For the past I don't know how many years, I have just been working under the assumption that the overwhelming majority of players are using something, but it simoly doesn't change anything for me. I watch or attend games just the same. Heck, if it helps keep the best players on the field, if anything maybe it makes baseball better for me.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #105 on: April 10, 2014, 01:04:03 PM »
This is right. Bonds never failed a test (at least as far as I can recall), but I am 100% certain he was using steroids.

Then again, I don't care. Don't care if its Braun, ARod, Puig, Trout, or (insert player name here). It doesn't matter to me. For the past I don't know how many years, I have just been working under the assumption that the overwhelming majority of players are using something, but it simoly doesn't change anything for me. I watch or attend games just the same. Heck, if it helps keep the best players on the field, if anything maybe it makes baseball better for me.

+1

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #106 on: April 10, 2014, 01:05:43 PM »

Bonds used HGH.  It's the one supplement that makes your head grow bigger and the only one.  It also causes the separation of your teeth, which is why athletes like Marion Jones had braces. 

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #107 on: April 10, 2014, 01:49:54 PM »

I don't know... there's "Stupid," there's "Sammy Sosa Stupid," there's "Lindsay Lohan Stupid" and there's $100,000,000 stupid.  The first three are much more common.  I'm struggling to find an example of where someone has pissed $100M in a single shot (outside the government).
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #108 on: April 10, 2014, 01:55:47 PM »
Tiger Woods? Ryan Leaf?

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #109 on: April 10, 2014, 01:58:15 PM »
I don't know... there's "Stupid," there's "Sammy Sosa Stupid," there's "Lindsay Lohan Stupid" and there's $100,000,000 stupid.  The first three are much more common.  I'm struggling to find an example of where someone has pissed $100M in a single shot (outside the government).

Maybe we can add Max Scherzer to the list in a few months

http://www.businessinsider.com/detroit-tigers-max-scherzer-contract-2014-3

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #110 on: April 10, 2014, 02:27:24 PM »
My God if I hear any more Ryan Braun apologists I'm going to puke.
Even if you are somehow bizarre enough believe that he was only taking whatever small amounts it took to recover from injury, you cannot ignore the fact that he tried to get a regular guy fired to save his own ass.

But hey, he went to his house for dinner and apologized!!
(Sad trombone)

If you are going to cheer for him because he's playing for your team, whatever, I get it. It would suck to just boo the guy forever, but please, please, stop making excuses. It's just embarrassing.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #111 on: April 10, 2014, 03:46:57 PM »
I don't think anyone is apologizing for Braun, here.  But the "Braun derangement" that's going on is just as bad as the apologizing, so perhaps we can all agree to move on to another topic... maybe how we haven't heard about Derek Jeter retiring in at least 4 hours now.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #112 on: April 10, 2014, 07:48:02 PM »

What a response.  I just wanted this gif on here again. 
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 07:50:32 PM by buckchuckler »

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #113 on: April 10, 2014, 09:31:07 PM »
So when do they start testing Abreu for PEDs? Good lrd did not expect him to make that transition to the majors as well as he has.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #114 on: April 10, 2014, 09:35:32 PM »
Tiger Woods? Ryan Leaf?

The Tiger had like 9 girl friends so his was at least 9 shots

Death on call

brandx

« Reply #115 on: April 10, 2014, 10:37:11 PM »
So when do they start testing Abreu for PEDs? Good lrd did not expect him to make that transition to the majors as well as he has.

I did. Not only is he a power hitter, but he's a good hitter period. Will have an excellent strikeout/walk ratio as well.

If you check earlier in this thread, I gave this prediction:

Abreu = .280 BA with 35 HR and 110 RBI

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #116 on: April 11, 2014, 09:56:12 AM »

The scouting reports where pretty accurate on Abreu.

"One talent evaluator said Abreu could step into a big league lineup tomorrow and hit .260 with 25 home runs."

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/page/onenationmlb09172013/sizing-cuban-slugger-jose-dariel-abreu

🏀

• All American
« Reply #117 on: April 11, 2014, 05:39:11 PM »
Abreu is so good. He's due for a sustained slump in the next few weeks as pitchers adjust though. Makes me wish Rizzo wasn't around so Theo & Jed could have went all in on Abreu. Great player.

I will have to make a couple trips to the Cell to see him this year when Sale pitches.

Sidenote - Karma strikes for Avi?

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #118 on: April 13, 2014, 04:41:54 PM »

Sidenote - Karma strikes for Avi?

What does that mean?  What has he done to drum up so much negative karma? 

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #119 on: April 14, 2014, 08:53:51 AM »
How 'bout those Brewers?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #120 on: April 14, 2014, 09:11:26 AM »
What does that mean?  What has he done to drum up so much negative karma? 

Porking Fielder's wife in Detroit, it was meant to be a joke.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #121 on: April 14, 2014, 09:12:44 AM »

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #122 on: April 14, 2014, 10:24:55 AM »
How 'bout those Brewers?

The Brewers haven't won 9 games in a row in April since the magical 2013 season.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #123 on: April 14, 2014, 11:39:24 AM »
if they make it 10 in a row Sobelman's is giving away free burgers (according to channel 4)

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #124 on: April 14, 2014, 11:44:32 AM »
Besides Milwaukee who else do you think has been the most surprising team?

feedback