collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Looking for any good spots in downtown Nashville  (Read 7595 times)

T.V. Diener 34

• All American
Looking for any good spots in downtown Nashville
« on: February 13, 2014, 09:53:58 PM »
Have heard Tootsie's and Red Door Saloon.... anyone ever been to either of those??  Also, does anyone have any solid recommendations for some good beer/food/sports(tv's)/country music?  Much appreciated!

🏀

• All American
Re: Looking for any good spots in downtown Nashville
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 10:27:10 PM »
Ask Tall Titan for a sweet hookup on cowboy boots.

mugrad2006

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 10:42:15 PM »
Have heard Tootsie's and Red Door Saloon.... anyone ever been to either of those??  Also, does anyone have any solid recommendations for some good beer/food/sports(tv's)/country music?  Much appreciated!

Was there in the fall. Broadway downtown has Tootsies (will be packed wall to wall, literally) and others. Kind of a water street feel but with good country cover band talent. 

In the winter the Grand Ole Opry is at the Ryman downtown as well, highly recommended as it's a historic place and the acoustics are world renowned.

Off of Broadway there are a lot of great music venues, both country and not. If you like bluegrass the station inn is an institution. They have other shows as well. We saw a show at third and Lindsley which was a great place similar to  Schubas in Chicago. I recommend just a google search for the weekend you are there and plenty of sites will have extensive show calendars across town.

Food wise there's a lot of BBQ, and I enjoyed a lot of the recommended places. I also really liked the "hot chicken". It's like regular fried chicken but with hot spices in the breading and sometimes as a sauce.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 10:52:02 PM »

Jaybee's the "man" to ask about chaps. 

T.V. Diener 34

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 12:06:13 PM »
Was there in the fall. Broadway downtown has Tootsies (will be packed wall to wall, literally) and others. Kind of a water street feel but with good country cover band talent. 

In the winter the Grand Ole Opry is at the Ryman downtown as well, highly recommended as it's a historic place and the acoustics are world renowned.

Off of Broadway there are a lot of great music venues, both country and not. If you like bluegrass the station inn is an institution. They have other shows as well. We saw a show at third and Lindsley which was a great place similar to  Schubas in Chicago. I recommend just a google search for the weekend you are there and plenty of sites will have extensive show calendars across town.

Food wise there's a lot of BBQ, and I enjoyed a lot of the recommended places. I also really liked the "hot chicken". It's like regular fried chicken but with hot spices in the breading and sometimes as a sauce.

Thanks!! I'm definitely gonna check out some of the areas you recommended.  Would you suggest heading near Vandy's campus to check it out and some restaurants in the area as well?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 12:33:00 PM »
Thanks!! I'm definitely gonna check out some of the areas you recommended.  Would you suggest heading near Vandy's campus to check it out and some restaurants in the area as well?

I've been to Nashville with some buddies for the Bears/Titans game last year... the one where they ran out of beer.  The downtown strip area is probably the only place you will need to visit.  Also, it may seem dead early, but the really really large bar (has every kind of music) will get packed and go all night.  Had a ton of fun.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 01:27:49 PM »

Just go down to Broadway at night time.  Probably 40 bars/restaurants on each side of the street, with each having a bar band playing.  Interesting going from bar to bar and seeing each band play for tips in a jar that they leave on the stage.  Many country acts started out that way and some of these bands/acts were awesome. 

Went there last year for the first time, not a country music fan, but was really interesting and had a great time.  Almost like a Vegas strip atmosphere with all the neon lights outside each place.  Have fun.....

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 01:42:21 PM »

Tall Titan Unmasked: Struttin' the Prairie Like No Other

Death on call

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2014, 02:11:22 PM »
Ring up Chick and her main squeeze. She's the resident to all things Nashville.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2014, 02:29:16 PM »
Ring up Chick and her main squeeze. She's the resident to all things Nashville.

I think dgies is also from that area

Death on call

T.V. Diener 34

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2014, 12:22:41 AM »
Haha alright awesome thanks a lot guys for all your tips... it's definitely much appreciated!  I'll let you all know how it goes... I'm real pumped to see the city!!

augoman

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2014, 11:47:02 PM »
Don't know if you have time but Franklin is well worth seeing.  Book about it called "Widow of the South".  Great downtown, rich civil war history, cemeteries, tours, all that.  Also fond of a little town about 25 minutes away called Liepers Fork.  (town where Mike from American Pickers lives). 

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2014, 08:15:56 PM »
Bump. Will be there Saturday night. Staying downtown and probably go to the Station Inn for bluegrass show.  Staying at the Doubletree.  Any restaurant suggestions between the two? Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

feedback