collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Ticket resale sites?  (Read 1898 times)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Ticket resale sites?
« on: February 04, 2014, 09:18:47 AM »
Question for the masses:

What kind of success have you had buying or selling MU tickets online?

MU Ticket Exchange?  StubHub?  MUScoop?

It appears that the MU Ticket Exchange prices are generally high.  For example, tonight's game, lower level tickets are $30-50, with the average around $40.     Not sure how the other sites work, but you set your price on MUTE, and get 90% of that .. meanwhile, MUTE marks up your ticket another 10%, so they get a healthy 20%.

StubHub .. has more tickets (for tonight) .. $13-100, at generally lower prices, with 20 tickets in the lower bowl below $20.  You price the tickets, StubHub keeps 15% of the sale, and they mark up your tickets $3.50 each.

Scoop .. I imagine is not a great place to sell, but hard to estimate.

I also imagine that StubHub has the most traffic of interested parties.   Scoop might get your ticket in front of 100 people .. MUTE?  No idea.  I imagine it's sales market is very small as well.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 10:10:09 AM by mu_hilltopper »

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: Ticket resale sites?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 09:43:07 AM »
Looks like MU links to a "preferred" ticket resale place called VividSeats.com

They have a smaller set of lower bowl tickets for tonight, around 10.   Average prices seem close to StubHub, although fewer cheaper tickets, only a couple under $20.  Their commission is 10% .. they charge a fee to the buyer for purchase as well.

MU31

• Walk-On
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 10:09:56 AM »
With two kids playing high school sports and living a couple hours away we typically can't plan very far in advance to attend games.  For last minute tickets we have used Stubhub, tried to buy through scoop (unsuccessful), and used MU ticket exchange. I like using the MU ticket exchange, especially for early season games or over the holidays, lots of cheap tickets available.  I will typically check the scoop trading post first.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 10:25:39 AM »
I like SeatGeek, which was formally FanSnap.com.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 10:30:28 AM »
I've sold a bunch of mine at the MU site, just have to be realistic about the price you set.  I try to go a little below the section average.  (Granted, I'm in the $125 seats, so I'm listing my $8.75 seats for $10, MU takes $.90 and I make $.35 on the deal.  4 tickets though, and that gives me a tip for a stripper each game I sell.) (and yes, I'm demanding my refund from MU in the form of bags of nickels.)

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 10:32:04 AM »
I have used StubHub for non-MU events, where I have had to resell tickets I could not use.

In short: It works, but you take a hit. In order to price the tickets competitively, I had to mark it slightly below face value, and then StubHub takes 20% on top of that. In the end I got about 70% back of what I originally paid.

And I get it, you are essentially paying for a wider audience of people that trust StubHub, as opposed to Craigslist where people wonder if you are really selling them legit tickets. And it sold. So I got something back. But don't expect to make a profit unless its a very in-demand event.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 08:55:21 PM »
I sold my $38 tickets for $14 each on Stubhub in about 2 hours.   

By the looks of the 1H, looks like I got the better end of the stick. 

feedback