2024 Mock Drafts by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:14:24 PM]

MU all-time defensive team? by Zog from Margo
[Today at 11:09:40 AM]

2025 Bracketology by wadesworld
[Today at 10:50:55 AM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 09:54:58 AM]

What do Wisconsinites call people from Illinois? by Plaque Lives Matter!
[June 20, 2024, 09:51:57 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Jarvis Garrett  (Read 58824 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Jarvis Garrett
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2014, 01:45:41 AM »
24/7 dudes seem to think he's coming here, placing their predictions in the last few days...

http://247sports.com/Player/Jarvis-Garrett-36456

They must know something we don't. Oversigned by 1 currently, I don't see it happening.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2014, 05:45:46 AM »
We still have .6 transfers to go this year.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2014, 06:37:41 AM »
They must know something we don't. Oversigned by 1 currently, I don't see it happening.

Technically,, I believe we are not oversigned, since Harris did not yet sign, but we are overcommitted.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2014, 08:02:51 AM »
24/7 dudes seem to think he's coming here, placing their predictions in the last few days...

http://247sports.com/Player/Jarvis-Garrett-36456

Wow, I guess Duane's playing off-guard.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2014, 09:43:53 AM »
Technically,, I believe we are not oversigned, since Harris did not yet sign, but we are overcommitted.

Didnt Luke take his spot?

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2014, 10:15:54 AM »

Correct, too early in the morning for me....

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2014, 10:19:37 AM »

And if his committment means someone else is planning to leave, so be it.  It happens, and there is a lot of young talent on the way to replace whomever it happens to be.  We just need to survive as fans until they develop.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2014, 11:06:37 AM »
When I consider who might transfer I look at who is not getting playing time. I do not think Buzz wants to play players that are going to transfer. Until recently Dawson was not being used much, which could be an indication. JJJ was not being used much. Taylor was not being used much. Recently Anderson has not been used much and adding in he almost transferred last year he has to be considerred a possible transfer. Although he plays all the time, maybe Derrick Wilson is tired of all the criticism and probably would not be happy not starting as a senior, if Duane Wilson takes it spot. Mayo has always been a question mark. There are only two players that I am 100% confident that they are returning and they are Burton and Duane Wilson. I suppose I should add JJJ to the list of players staying, because there is no way he would of started the last two games, if Buzz thought he was leaving. Now all the other players are not going to transfer, but one or two transfers should not be a surprise.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2014, 11:15:25 AM »
From Eric Bossi via Prep Showcase analysis (December):

Schools on the hunt for a point guard in the class of 2014 don't have very many good options. Three-star floor general Jarvis Garrett is certainly one of the good ones. A native of Milwaukee who now attends Fitchburg (Mass.) Notre Dame, Garrett was easily one of the best point guards on display Saturday.

A solidly built 5-foot-11 floor general, Garrett is very strong with the ball and was making good decisions. He defends with toughness and what really opens things up is the fact that he is a very dangerous pull-up jump shooter. His shooting keeps defenders on their heels and almost at his mercy when he is hitting them.

Garrett finished with 25 points and four assists while controlling the tempo. He's yet to take any visits and currently has offers from UTEP, Rhode Island, Creighton and Wisconsin-Milwaukee.

"I'm just looking for a place that feels like home," Garrett told Rivals.com. "Somewhere that I can hopefully play right away and somewhere that plays fast and that plays tough defense."

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2014, 11:16:18 AM »
When I consider who might transfer I look at who is not getting playing time. I do not think Buzz wants to play players that are going to transfer. Until recently Dawson was not being used much, which could be an indication. JJJ was not being used much. Taylor was not being used much. Recently Anderson has not been used much and adding in he almost transferred last year he has to be considerred a possible transfer. Although he plays all the time, maybe Derrick Wilson is tired of all the criticism and probably would not be happy not starting as a senior, if Duane Wilson takes it spot. Mayo has always been a question mark. There are only two players that I am 100% confident that they are returning and they are Burton and Duane Wilson. I suppose I should add JJJ to the list of players staying, because there is no way he would of started the last two games, if Buzz thought he was leaving. Now all the other players are not going to transfer, but one or two transfers should not be a surprise.

Not trying to stir rumors, but does anybody know if any of the juniors can graduate in spring?  

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2014, 11:20:24 AM »
I have never understood the idea of a JR transferring, then sitting out an entire year, to play one year. Seems to me after your soph year, a decision needs to be made.

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2014, 11:21:23 AM »
I have never understood the idea of a JR transferring, then sitting out an entire year, to play one year. Seems to me after your soph year, a decision needs to be made.

If they graduate, they don't need to sit, ala Trent Lockett

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2014, 01:17:30 PM »
Some scooper want to volunteer to tell Nick on twitter to  fill out his application?

Darn, why didn't I include that when I razzed him about his home town team losing to Ohio State?  Just trying to stay classy, I guess
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 01:20:19 PM by LittleMurs »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2014, 01:24:17 PM »
More curiously, why are WE even considering him?
Somebody is going to get lost in that shuffle, and we all know that it won't be Derrick--the elite game changer.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

brandx

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2014, 01:32:00 PM »
We have to be careful so we don't get too much talent on the team   ::)

Didn't Fischer take McKay's scholly?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2014, 01:53:24 PM »
We have to be careful so we don't get too much talent on the team   ::)

Didn't Fischer take McKay's scholly?

Fischer is paying his way this semester.

We are overcommited by one at this point.  But this will all be sorted out after the season and before the late signing period which is the earliest that Harris (or someone else) can sign an NLI anyway.

Boone

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2014, 03:38:20 PM »
Jerry Meyer predicted MU today.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2014, 03:52:35 PM »
Yeah-- I get that. Tell me who on this team is in that situation??????
Graduating after their JR year and transferring???

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2014, 04:07:09 PM »
Has there been anything to suggest that Malik is still in the picture? Whether it's Harris or Garrett, seems like they assume (or know) someone is leaving. Hope the fact that it's a PG doesn't suggest inside knowledge there...unless they know that De Wilson has realized he's a better fit for linebacker on the club football team.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2014, 07:27:12 PM »
Jerry Meyer predicted MU today.

Anyone think a transfer is coming if we're get another PG for next year?  Obviously we're used to it, but something isn't adding up if we're looking at Garrett and Watson with Noskowiak coming in 2015 too.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2014, 07:37:27 PM »
Got another .6 transfers yet to go.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2014, 07:52:45 PM »

The NCAA has clarified that you do not have to graduate to be eligible for the graduate student transfer waiver. But.. hopefully that waiver goes away soon. I think it will.

Lockett was a rare case in that he was ready for grad school in 3 years.. most of the guys who transfer for a final, immediate year of eligibility have been at school for four years (and sat for one for one of any number of reasons).
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2014, 08:12:28 PM »
Has there been anything to suggest that Malik is still in the picture? Whether it's Harris or Garrett, seems like they assume (or know) someone is leaving. Hope the fact that it's a PG doesn't suggest inside knowledge there...unless they know that De Wilson has realized he's a better fit for linebacker on the club football team.

Malik met with buzz sometime last month and his reactions were that it was a good meeting and that he looks forward to matriculating.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2014, 08:13:57 PM »
Has he turned in his application?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2014, 08:45:57 PM »
Malik met with buzz sometime last month and his reactions were that it was a good meeting and that he looks forward to matriculating.

That's cool. Did they talk about Malek at all?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

feedback