Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: I'm calling it now  (Read 15330 times)

MURFC

• Team Captain
Re: I'm calling it now
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2014, 09:46:20 AM »
I believe that with a medical hardship waiver he won't have to sit out.

Interesting rumor, but doesn't really make sense. Based on what Buzz has stated to the media, I would surprised if he had any shot at a medical waiver.  He is participating in practices, dressing for games, and it has been noted by Buzz that he could be used in an emergency situation.  Makes quite the high hurdle to qualify for the (non-guaranteed) waiver, doesn't it?.  Also, Marquette has publicly stated that he is using a redshirt.  Would that lock him in?

With that fact pattern, I would be shocked to see him transfer....not playing again until 2016...doesn't make sense.  Especially with the minutes becoming avialable and talent we have.

thanooj

• Starter
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2014, 09:53:05 AM »
I wasn't going to bring this topic up but now that it's here... Just like the  "my best friends cousin" line of sources, I have a source linked to Dominican that talked to Duane's dad and he said DW was forced to redshirt because buzz doesn't like him because he's selfish and uncoachable.  Said they're looking at FSU and Clemson as possibles to transfer to. I called BS but if others are hearing things.

Also heard, and I really hope it's crap, that stone doesn't like Wilson. And it might be one or the other at marquette. Like merrit and d Harris.
Original member of the "Dean's List"

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2014, 09:59:42 AM »
I wasn't going to bring this topic up but now that it's here... Just like the  "my best friends cousin" line of sources, I have a source linked to Dominican that talked to Duane's dad and he said DW was forced to redshirt because buzz doesn't like him because he's selfish and uncoachable.  Said they're looking at FSU and Clemson as possibles to transfer to. I called BS but if others are hearing things.

Also heard, and I really hope it's crap, that stone doesn't like Wilson. And it might be one or the other at marquette. Like merrit and d Harris.

"selfish and uncoachable" usually aren't terms associated with players that are the ones that reach out to Fischer and Matthews to come to Marquette. Seems a like some of these things don't fit and Duane wouldn't be reaching out to have these guys the team if he didn't like the atmosphere of the school.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2014, 10:04:39 AM »
Shenanigans.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MURFC

• Team Captain
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2014, 10:08:47 AM »

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2014, 10:09:58 AM »

As noted above, if Duane leaves he is sitting out next year too.  So, if this was true, it was true three weeks ago.  He should have left at the end of the semester so he could play next December.

I think your BFFs cousin was confused and was talking about Jaymeel McKay.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2014, 10:13:58 AM »
Duane is going nowhere

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2014, 10:19:37 AM »
It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

mueron

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2014, 10:38:11 AM »
Remember the last time there were rumors floating around the athletic department? Oh yeah it was shortly before Vander declared for the draft. I remember people talking about how it was nonsense then too.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2014, 10:43:05 AM »
Duane Wilson is transferring next season. It's a rumor, but I believe it.

Buzz's quote the other day that Diane could play but he decided to redshirt was the final nail in the coffin for me.

I hope I'm wrong.

pretty confident you don't have to hope your wrong.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2014, 10:43:53 AM »
Hey, it is what it is. I like Duane as a playa. But, if he chooses to bolt, the sun will still rise in the East. Someone's backyard is someone else's front lawn. Somebody's trash is another's treasure. Don't sweat the small stuff.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2014, 10:44:02 AM »
Thinking about this a little more, I'm wondering if maybe we're reading too much into it. Once Duane was healed, he was always eligible to play. His decision was his alone, but you know Buzz guided it. Perhaps watching STJr struggle to get back into playing shape was enough to put him over the edge. No sense in burning a year to not see the court.

I don't know what your other info is, so that might make me rethink, but his "deciding" to redshirt doesn't seem like a big deal to me…
I listened to that podcast twice--Buzz said he could play but never said how the RS decision was made. Somebody said that Buzz said in that podcast that the decision was Duane's. Buzz did not say that. Nobody has really said what is going on, other than he can play but is being redshirted. The kid has said nothing publically. Something to see here?
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2014, 11:00:42 AM »
Remember the last time there were rumors floating around the athletic department? Oh yeah it was shortly before Vander declared for the draft. I remember people talking about how it was nonsense then too.

No, the last rumor was Fisher was going to UW

Before that STj was going to transfer.

Before that STj was going to red shirt.

Before that the rumor was JJJ was going to transfer.

Before that the rumor was Dawson was going to transfer

Before that the rumor was Mayo was going to transfer

Before that was McKay would start at the 5

Before that Stone had eliminated MU

Before that Hill had eliminated MU

Before that Pierce was going to FSU

Before that Juan was transferring

Before that Jake was transferring

Before that Buzz was leaving

Then we get to the rumor Vander was leaving early rumor.

So, yes, if you go through life automatically believing every rumor here is crap you look like Nosterdamus.  

Duane is not leaving.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 11:06:50 AM by Heisenberg »

MURFC

• Team Captain
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2014, 11:01:33 AM »
I listened to that podcast twice--Buzz said he could play but never said how the RS decision was made. Somebody said that Buzz said in that podcast that the decision was Duane's. Buzz did not say that. Nobody has really said what is going on, other than he can play but is being redshirted. The kid has said nothing publically. Something to see here?

Here you go willie, you usually are not going to get more than this:

“After thorough conversations with Duane and his family, we have decided it’s best for his career that he redshirt this year,” Williams said.

Read more from Journal Sentinel: http://www.jsonline.com/newswatch/237515661.html#ixzz2rQkrlGCS
 Follow us: @JournalSentinel on Twitter
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 11:05:17 AM by MURFC »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2014, 11:02:17 AM »
Willie and thanooj are full of shenanigans, but skat is not. He certainly had thoughts about it while the redshirt decision was being made, but after everything was settled those thoughts, too, settled. I would be surprised, but those thoughts may have crept back into his head. I will see...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MURFC

• Team Captain
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2014, 11:02:46 AM »
Hey, it is what it is. I like Duane as a playa. But, if he chooses to bolt, the sun will still rise in the East. Someone's backyard is someone else's front lawn. Somebody's trash is another's treasure. Don't sweat the small stuff.

I wish everyone had this perspective.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2014, 11:20:35 AM »
This would really bum me out if true. Duane has always been a big ambassador for the Marquette program...I remember his tweets about recruiting JJJ when he was deciding to come here. He does seem very energetic and like he enjoys being part of the team when watching him on the bench though, so hopefully it's unfounded.

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2014, 11:28:37 AM »

No one stated that the rumor mill about Vander leaving early was nonsense.  It was the full on smack down between him and Buzz that people questioned.  I believe Buzz just even addressed that in an interview with Homer.  He said (paraphrasing), I don't know where the rumor started that Vander and I broke bad, we talk to each other every day.

mueron

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2014, 11:29:22 AM »
No, the last rumor was Fisher was going to UW

Before that STj was going to transfer.

Before that STj was going to red shirt.

Before that the rumor was JJJ was going to transfer.

Before that the rumor was Dawson was going to transfer

Before that the rumor was Mayo was going to transfer

Before that was McKay would start at the 5

Before that Stone had eliminated MU

Before that Hill had eliminated MU

Before that Pierce was going to FSU

Before that Juan was transferring

Before that Jake was transferring

Before that Buzz was leaving

Then we get to the rumor Vander was leaving early rumor.

So, yes, if you go through life automatically believing every rumor here is crap you look like Nosterdamus.  

Duane is not leaving.

Well correct me if I'm wrong but the examples you listed were more conjecture than rumor. I specifically stated rumors floating around the athletic department. That being said I don't know the OP. Could be a stand up guy or full of crap. Perhaps his "source" is a stand up guy or is full of crap. Who knows. Good day sir.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2014, 11:41:19 AM »
Well correct me if I'm wrong but the examples you listed were more conjecture than rumor. I specifically stated rumors floating around the athletic department. That being said I don't know the OP. Could be a stand up guy or full of crap. Perhaps his "source" is a stand up guy or is full of crap. Who knows. Good day sir.

Just admit your source is full of it and move on, anyone that would really know (the coaching staff, Duane and his parents) are not telling you so you can post it on scoop.

mueron

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2014, 11:45:35 AM »
Just admit your source is full of it and move on, anyone that would really know (the coaching staff, Duane and his parents) are not telling you so you can post it on scoop.

Huh? I don't have a source. I think you're confusing me with OP. It's ok though. We all have our moments.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2014, 11:52:46 AM »
Duane would have to sit a year.  He could gain a sixth year of eligibility at the end of his career based on this year's injury, but unless he won an appeal he would have to sit a year.

I'm not too worried, but if it happens, it happens.  Life goes on.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2014, 11:55:57 AM »
That's the attitude. Now you're talkin'.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2014, 12:10:27 PM »
Here you go willie, you usually are not going to get more than this:

“After thorough conversations with Duane and his family, we have decided it’s best for his career that he redshirt this year,” Williams said.

Read more from Journal Sentinel: http://www.jsonline.com/newswatch/237515661.html#ixzz2rQkrlGCS
 Follow us: @JournalSentinel on Twitter
You are probably right--no more than this. I was quoting what was not said on the most recent Homer show. Somebody stated that Buzz said it was Duane's decision. Buzz did not say that.

Only concern now is Who made the decision and why? Buzzspeak: We have decided

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2014, 12:12:43 PM »
Willie and thanooj are full of shenanigans, but skat is not. He certainly had thoughts about it while the redshirt decision was being made, but after everything was settled those thoughts, too, settled. I would be surprised, but those thoughts may have crept back into his head. I will see...
Thank you wade's wong--but I am not unlike you, full of shenanigans.

feedback