[Today at 12:54:01 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:00:22 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: The reality as I see it...  (Read 9573 times)

Mayor McCheese

• All American
Re: The reality as I see it...
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2007, 05:32:24 PM »
As much as I hate to say it Bo Ryan is 10X the coach Crean is.  Crean has his strengths no doubt. But as far as defense and in game excecution Bo is far superior.  Much of it may simply have to do with Bo's experience versus Crean's and that is understandable but Bo is a much better coach than Crean. And I hate Wisconsin, but he is really good.  Must take a shower now.

Bo Ryan has his system... the most boring offensive scheme in the history of basketball... does it work? sure does, and wins games, but if I had to watch that system and be proud of it the whole season, I would puke.  It takes players talents and kills them, except for a player like Alando Tucker, who benefits from a system like that.  We are complaining about Crean's lack of coaching/recruiting (which I find odd, because since Al, he has done the best).  Look at this year, we have a legitimate top 10 team year round, and we are complaining before the season starts, why?  I think this is what will happen this year

Win Maui Invitational
Beat Badgers @ Kohl Center
Top 3 in the BE
Sweet Sixteen/better with a 3/4 seed.

If this is true, in my eyes, MU basketball is doing just fine for itself.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: The reality as I see it...
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2007, 05:37:48 PM »
One more thing that I forgot before.  Just look at the programs that these guys are coming from...Arizona, Ohio State, Georgetown, UNC, Memphis, Syracuse, UConn, Duke, Kansas, Villanova, Washington, Florida, Tennessee, Texas, Michigan State.....etc.  Yes, some are traditional powers, but you'll also notice that tehse are the teams that are consistently good, consistently at the top of power conferences, consistently going deep in the tournament etc.

If it works for them, why wouldn't you want to emulate it at MU? 

It wasn't that long ago that Memphis, Washington, Villanova, Florida and Tennessee were far from consistently good.  They went through their swoons just like MU.

Now, someone will have to remind me...we are ranked in the top 15 this year...right?

feedback