[Today at 12:54:01 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:00:22 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: The 'Buzz haters' should be ashamed.  (Read 11048 times)

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
The 'Buzz haters' should be ashamed.
« on: December 07, 2013, 02:57:31 PM »
Can you please stop? You add nothing. Buzz has taken this team to S16,S16, E8 the last three years. Name another coach that has done that and then ask if they would quit their job to come here. We are playing a better team at their home without our better scorer and our gem of the class not playing. If you think Buzz is a bad coach because we are not cruising through this game, you're dumb and keep your Buzz is a bad coach comments to yourself.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

madtownwarrior

• All American
Re: The 'Buzz haters' should be ashamed.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 03:01:32 PM »
Buzz is great at 5 - 4 this year.   

Da 'Lanche

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 03:02:33 PM »
Can you please stop? You add nothing. Buzz has taken this team to S16,S16, E8 the last three years. Name another coach that has done that and then ask if they would quit their job to come here. We are playing a better team at their home without our better scorer and our gem of the class not playing. If you think Buzz is a bad coach because we are not cruising through this game, you're dumb and keep your Buzz is a bad coach comments to yourself.

+1000

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 03:12:53 PM »
I just hate who ever thinks its a brilliant idea to start a backcourt that scores 3 pts along with 2 other guys who can't shoot or score on their own.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 03:14:37 PM »
In Buzz we trust at 5 - 4 ...

I just hate who ever thinks its a brilliant idea to start a backcourt that scores 3 pts along with 2 other guys who can't shoot or score on their own.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 03:15:44 PM »
Buzz is great at 5 - 4 this year.   

Why are you such a troll?  Again, who else should have played?

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2013, 03:21:31 PM »

We should be starting Smart and Parker in the backcourt but Buzz is making them ride the bench.

Who the hell do you think we are not playing?
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

Dreadman24

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2013, 03:23:51 PM »

plus 1000

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2013, 03:24:52 PM »
We should be starting Smart and Parker in the backcourt but Buzz is making them ride the bench.

Who the hell do you think we are not playing?

Mayo(when not suspended). Burton. JJJ. Ox should start immediately following the tip. Mis well give Dawson extended minutes.

What we are doing now is clearly NOT working. Why not give major minutes to other guys and see what happens? Worst case, we continue losing to all decent teams we play...seems to be enjoyed by people on here.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2013, 03:26:58 PM »
Mayo(when not suspended). Burton. JJJ. Ox should start immediately following the tip. Mis well give Dawson extended minutes.

Burton and JJJ are starting to earn minutes. Mayo I will grant, but he's got to earn that and I'm not sure he has been. And why would anyone still be endorsing Dawson? The kid has literally done nothing. The only defense is the Ners "he played well versus Grambling" defense. And if you want to play that card, maybe I should be the starting point guard, because I'm pretty sure that I could have put up a double-double on Grambling.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2013, 03:27:02 PM »
Thought we played a better team on the road and lost.  Guys didn't give up, put a scare into them at the end.

Nothing has changed for me with this team since the beginning.  Guard play is suspect and college ball is first and foremost a guard's game.  Certainly the lineups are ripe for speculation, if we think there are guys that could be playing that aren't.  Buzz doesn't like to play freshmen, that is clear.  Mayo....what can you say.

They need to do a gutcheck or two in the coming weeks to decide what kind of season it will be.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2013, 03:27:10 PM »
Agreed Erick.  Hmmm, let me say this again.  We lost three starters and star player from last year.  Our talented players on the bench are still inexperienced.  I don't want Jamil playing the point all the time and there's no way Dawson does any better than Wilson. I love me some Burton and Johnson but they have plenty of lapses on D and forced shots on offense.  Missing Mayo and Duane today hurt.  Steve is a disappointment so far (injured too).  

Granted the end of the game was closer than it seemingly should have been, but we had a chance.  Didn't crap the bed like vs. Ohio St. at home.  Fouls and rebounding hurt us today.  The badgers looked good and they have plenty of talented, experienced players at all positions.  We're spoiled as Marquette fans lately.  I don't think we played that badly overall today.  The score certainly indicates we didn't based on the way the Badgers played.  I think conference play will be telling this year.  

If we can get Duane back in a few weeks, Todd straightened out and Steve back to how he was last year the team is transformed.  I hype Duane up a lot (to myself) but I think his quickness, play making and shooting is the biggest thing we need.  Derek is best suited as a defensive stopper off the bench and I really like him for that.  Not fair for Derek and Jake to always be thrown under the bus.  Clearly Mayo is messing up all over, and Jajuan is still learning a lot.  Buzz would be rewarding Mayo or Johnson if they deserved to be starting.  

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2013, 03:29:06 PM »
Buzz would be rewarding Mayo or Johnson if they deserved to be starting. 

Exactly.  You guys think that Buzz doesn't realize there is an offensive problem?

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2013, 03:29:18 PM »

What we are doing now is clearly NOT working. Why not give major minutes to other guys and see what happens? Worst case, we continue losing to all decent teams we play...seems to be enjoyed by people on here.

Burton is a black hole on offense that makes freshman mistakes (turnovers and poor defense).  He is not a better option if the goal is to win games this year.  He is progressing and earning more time.

JJJ had two nice games against poor competition, he has not demonstrated an ability to score or create in other opportunities.  He played well against ASU, but was outplayed in that game by Thomas.  When he got time in this game he was unable to do anything on either end of the floor.  Again, if you want to win this year, not a realistic opportunity at this point.  But he is progressing well and earning more time because of it.

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2013, 03:29:45 PM »
Let's congratulate Buzz for the 5 - 4 start, after playing the studs of ASU and SDSU and only losing by 6 to Bucky on the road with a player suspended that he recruited...

Clearly the starting lineup sucks for offense, but keep trotting them out there.   Clearly Buzz under-recruited at PG and SG.   And next year we have no front court to speak of....

But keep defending him on those points...

Why are you such a troll?  Again, who else should have played?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 03:36:49 PM by madtownwarrior »

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2013, 03:30:50 PM »
NM

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2013, 03:31:21 PM »
NM

PVMagic

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2013, 03:37:40 PM »
His incoming PG recruit is injured and the player he might have been relying on to aid the transition (Blue) bounced leaving him 2 short of where he thought he'd be at the 1 in April.

A loss is never good but it was unreasonable to expects/demand a win against a very good team ("likely" top 20) on the road.  Other than play Mayo I don't know what he could have done differently today.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2013, 03:38:19 PM »
Let's congratulate Buzz for the 5 - 4 start, after playing the studs of ASU and SDSU and only losing by 6 to Bucky on the road with a player suspended that he recruited...

Clearly the starting lineup sucks for offensive.   Clearly Buzz under-recruited at PG and SG..

But keep defending him on those points...

Yeah, Buzz should have told Duane Wilson not to get injured.  Shame on him.  We all know how surprised even Buzz was when Vander left.  He plays significant minutes at point this year and we have 3 true point guards behind him too.  Buzz didn't under-recruit at point.  Two things happened that forced him to eventually use Jamil Wilson as our backup PG.  If Mayo wasn't such a variable and had his head on straight we're fine at SG too.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2013, 03:38:31 PM »

We were within one possession against a highly rated team at their home with a minute left and "what we are doing is clearly NOT working"? Seriously. And your mad because Buzz isn't playing every single freshmen more? You sound really intelligent

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2013, 03:39:29 PM »
maybe if we recruited all "switchables" we would win...

His incoming PG recruit is injured and the player he might have been relying on to aid the transition (Blue) bounced leaving him 2 short of where he thought he'd be at the 1 in April.

A loss is never good but it was unreasonable to expects/demand a win against a very good team ("likely" top 20) on the road.  Other than play Mayo I don't know what he could have done differently today.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2013, 03:40:25 PM »
Damn, I hate agreeing with Chico, but the reality is MU just lost to a top 10 team on the road.    Get a grip. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2013, 03:43:22 PM »
"If we can get Duane back in a few weeks, Todd straightened out and Steve back to how he was last year the team is transformed"

That is a lot of "if's"   

I think the "if" that should be considered  is the NIT...

tower912

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2013, 03:44:37 PM »
Madtown, right here, right now.   If MU goes to the NIT, I stay off the board for 3 months.   If MU goes to the dance, you do.    Your call. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2013, 03:48:38 PM »
"If we can get Duane back in a few weeks, Todd straightened out and Steve back to how he was last year the team is transformed"

That is a lot of "if's"   

I think the "if" that should be considered  is the NIT...

Yeah?  And it's not out of the question.  Not saying I am banking on it but if Duane is better than Derek on offense from the get-go we are in a totally different position.  Maybe it gets Mayo in the right state of mind and Taylor in a groove on offense too.