[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: The 'Buzz haters' should be ashamed.  (Read 11067 times)

Markusquette

• All American
Re: The 'Buzz haters' should be ashamed.
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2013, 05:16:38 PM »
you don't think playing this year would build their skills and confidence for next year?

This game really got you riled up madtown...wait, nevermind.  You have been for the last 4 years...

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2013, 05:18:36 PM »
you don't think playing this year would build their skills and confidence for next year?

Not necessarily. 

PVMagic

• Starter
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2013, 05:20:40 PM »

Could destroy their confidence if they are consistently overmatched and blown out of the water.

I trust Buzz because of his body of work over 5 years, not over a rough 9 game stretch in what was setting up to be a potentially rocky start to the year.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2013, 05:29:35 PM »
sweet 16, sweet 16, elite 8.   The pieces are not fitting together right now.   It will get better. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2013, 07:22:06 PM »
No starting shooting guard should play 25+ mins. and only take one shot. That's embarrassing and a major flaw for this team. Buzz has to make a change.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2013, 07:40:13 PM »
Mayo not available.   JJJ no more effective when he was in.   Stuck with the senior who knows where to be on every defensive set.    Look, I am ready for JJJ to step up and take over the starting 2G spot.   I just haven't yet seen that he is ready.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2013, 08:03:04 PM »
Mayo not available.   JJJ no more effective when he was in.   Stuck with the senior who knows where to be on every defensive set.    Look, I am ready for JJJ to step up and take over the starting 2G spot.   I just haven't yet seen that he is ready.   

Thomas should not start. The guard with the best driving ability should be on the floor. The rules of today's game put the odds of getting fouled in his favor. JJJ and Burton should be a better fit at the position with driving to the basket and creating contact being the main goal.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2013, 08:27:14 PM »
Thomas should not start. The guard with the best driving ability should be on the floor. The rules of today's game put the odds of getting fouled in his favor. JJJ and Burton should be a better fit at the position with driving to the basket and creating contact being the main goal.

JJJ...fine

Burton isn't a guard.

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2013, 08:34:46 PM »

JJJ...fine

Burton isn't a guard.

But he can catch and drive to the basket under control.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2013, 08:53:26 PM »
Why does the team look so out of sync?  It seems like MU has a lot of talent but is being poorly coached.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2013, 09:26:11 PM »
No starting shooting guard should play 25+ mins. and only take one shot. That's embarrassing and a major flaw for this team. Buzz has to make a change.

Buzz is playing who gives him the best chance to win. Could jjj and dawson put up better offense than the starters? Maybe. Could jjj and dawson play better defense? No. So is buzz going to trade an almost guaranteed defensive drop for a possible offensive boost? Clearly he's not willing to roll the dice and I can't say I blame him. Now, the freshmen could improve their defense in the coming weeks or months and then I'd be on your side. Right now, the current high mpg guys are giving mu a better chance to win. In February? It may be a different dynamic. Just hib a have to live with it for now.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2013, 09:30:53 PM »

They need to do a gutcheck or two in the coming weeks to decide what kind of season it will be.

Are you talking bout MU, IU, or KU?
Man sur could have used Wiggins today.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2013, 09:36:31 PM »
What is Buzz doing well as he is now 5 - 4? 

Instead of making bets, you should be using your money to buy Fire Buzz billboards and put them up all over Milwaukee.

This coach is a loser. You know it, I know it, we all know it.

Sweet 16s? Please. They should have been Final Fours.

Elite Eight? Everybody knows that was pure luck, and Buzz is the only coach ever to benefit from first-round luck.

All he ever recruits is bad players. And switchables. And bad switchables.

And he's too loyal to players. We need a disloyal coach.

Let's fire this loser and hire somebody who can bring the Jabari Parkers and Anthony Wiggins to Marquette.

Fire Buzz. Fire him this instant and let's see if we can pry that Self guy from Kansas. He seems like a pretty decent coach, even if he did just lose to Colorado.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MilWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2013, 10:18:56 PM »
I know this season has been extremely disappointing so far, but THIS is the game that people decide to bitch about? On the road against a Top 10 team? I hate losing to UW-Madison as much as anyone here, but this one one of our better performances of the year. Badgers are playing great ball right now. Fortunately for us, there has been a trend of Bucky losing steam in March while we are starting to peak. I'll take that every year.

I love to have bragging rights over UW-Moscow and their legions of UW-Hyphen fans, but the season is long, and Buzz has a history of producing as the season progresses. If we're still hovering around .500 in late January, the bitching will be justified.

But honestly, we're a medium-sized Catholic university in Milwaukee with a good but not great pedigree. We won't be in the Elite 8 every year.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2013, 01:07:12 AM »
I trust Buzz.

But I don't trust the back court.
And apparently with the subbing, he doesn't either.
SS Marquette

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2013, 05:35:59 AM »
Buzz is playing who gives him the best chance to win. Could jjj and dawson put up better offense than the starters? Maybe. Could jjj and dawson play better defense? No. So is buzz going to trade an almost guaranteed defensive drop for a possible offensive boost? Clearly he's not willing to roll the dice and I can't say I blame him. Now, the freshmen could improve their defense in the coming weeks or months and then I'd be on your side. Right now, the current high mpg guys are giving mu a better chance to win. In February? It may be a different dynamic. Just hib a have to live with it for now.

Thomas gives us the best chance to win?  Ok!  Agree to disagree.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2013, 06:26:59 AM »
I trust Buzz.

But I don't trust the back court.
And apparently with the subbing, he doesn't either.
In Buzz we trust--In Buzz we trust. That mantra is really old.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2013, 08:52:56 AM »
Are you talking bout MU, IU, or KU?
Man sur could have used Wiggins today.

I'm not worried about KU.  IU is really young, but for the most part playing pretty good.  I'm talking about MU.

Dreadman24

• Team Captain
« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2013, 09:08:18 AM »
Instead of making bets, you should be using your money to buy Fire Buzz billboards and put them up all over Milwaukee.

Elite Eight? Everybody knows that was pure luck, and Buzz is the only coach ever to benefit from first-round luck.

Let's fire this loser and hire somebody who can bring the Jabari Parkers and Anthony Wiggins to Marquette.

Fire Buzz. Fire him this instant and let's see if we can pry that Self guy from Kansas. He seems like a pretty decent coach, even if he did just lose to Colorado.
Im all in

Dreadman24

• Team Captain
« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2013, 09:12:17 AM »
Buzz sucks as a recruiter. We couldve had Looney but BUZZ stopped recruiting him. And btw I wasnt ever on the Buzz bandwagon I hope he does go to Texas.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2013, 09:15:22 AM »
Buzz sucks as a recruiter. We couldve had Looney but BUZZ stopped recruiting him. And btw I wasnt ever on the Buzz bandwagon I hope he does go to Texas.

Well, history has pretty much proven you wrong.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2013, 09:19:56 AM »
Some of you guys, I swear it is satire.   

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2013, 09:30:14 AM »
Dumb ass.  Nothing else really needs to be said. That goes for Willie and  madtown as well. Just,  dumb ass.  You don't dignify any other response

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2013, 09:34:18 AM »
never said to fire Buzz, quite the opposite actually.  

Very surprised Buzz has got this team the where they are now -   It does not look to be getting a whole lot better with De Willson and Jake.   This team has serious deficiencies in the backcourt (who's fault is that?).   The freshman obviously are either not as good as ranked or Buzz's schemes are too complicated for very talented 18 years old to master.

We have ample "switchables", we have no PG (hopefully Duane Wilson but when will he actually start under Buzz - Junior year?), no shooters and after this year, no centers in the near future...

Sorry, I really, realy, like Buzz as a coach but this team is in a bad state right now, it happens, and not all of it Buzz could predict (Vander leaving early, McKay bolting, Duane injury, Mayo suspenions and Taylor injury).  

You do have to agree this team has a lot of "drama" around all the mysterious player departures or suspensions...

MU82

• All American
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2013, 09:38:18 AM »
never said to fire Buzz, quite the opposite actually.  

Very surprised Buzz has got this team the where they are now -   It does not look to be getting a whole lot better with De Willson and Jake.   This team has serious deficiencies in the backcourt (who's fault is that?).   The freshman obviously are either not as good as ranked or Buzz's schemes are too complicated for very talented 18 years old to master.

We have ample "switchables", we have no PG (hopefully Duane Wilson but when will he actually start under Buzz - Junior year?), no shooters and after this year, no centers in the near future...

Sorry, I really, realy, like Buzz as a coach but this team is in a bad state right now, it happens, and not all of it Buzz could predict (Vander leaving early, McKay bolting, Duane injury, Mayo suspenions and Taylor injury).  

You do have to agree this team has a lot of "drama" around all the mysterious player departures or suspensions...

I am not a pollyanna guy who always looks at the Marquette situation through blue-and-gold glasses. I like to think of myself as a realist. I have been critical of many things surrounding this year's team, too, primarily the backcourt issues.

Having said that, I do look for the positives, too. It must be very difficult to go through life only ripping, only focusing on the negatives.

If I was like that, I seriously would stop being a fan. Life is too short.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback