[Today at 01:41:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 10:35:42 AM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by withoutbias
[Today at 10:29:19 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Caller ID Spoofing-----Help Out a Bro  (Read 1232 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Caller ID Spoofing-----Help Out a Bro
« on: December 05, 2013, 01:19:44 PM »
Hadn't heard of this smack, but apparently been around for a while. Apparently not illegal nor can the telephone companies do anything about it or identify the culprit.
What it boils down to is some a-hole essentially steals one's name and phone number and thru the Internet attaches the stolen name and number to their phone. The victim's phone line, I'm told, is not compromised. Consequently, when they make a call, the stolen ID info is displayed. Often times done by telemarketers.
Question is how to deal with this if you're the victim? Can absolutely drive you nuckenfuts to field calls from folks who want to know why you called them, particularly in an office scenerio, and didn't leave a message.
BTW, if this is either Crean's idea of a joke or F*ckin' messin' with me, I'm gonna pee in your grain infested beer.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: Caller ID Spoofing-----Help Out a Bro
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 01:26:37 PM »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 01:30:51 PM »
Payback for implanting tracking chips in fillings?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 01:57:10 PM »
At least it will be grain free, antibiotic free, meat free, preservative free......pee.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 02:57:36 PM »
Just World Wide Wes getting back at you for not sending Looney Cal's way.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 01:13:57 PM »
Hadn't heard of this smack, but apparently been around for a while. Apparently not illegal nor can the telephone companies do anything about it or identify the culprit.
What it boils down to is some a-hole essentially steals one's name and phone number and thru the Internet attaches the stolen name and number to their phone. The victim's phone line, I'm told, is not compromised. Consequently, when they make a call, the stolen ID info is displayed. Often times done by telemarketers.
Question is how to deal with this if you're the victim? Can absolutely drive you nuckenfuts to field calls from folks who want to know why you called them, particularly in an office scenerio, and didn't leave a message.
BTW, if this is either Crean's idea of a joke or F*ckin' messin' with me, I'm gonna pee in your grain infested beer.

F me, wish I had thought of that.  Crean's a vengeful mo-fo.

feedback