[Today at 07:04:13 PM]

Where is Marquette? by NickelDimer
[Today at 07:02:50 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by Judge Smails
[Today at 07:02:27 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by the eagle
[Today at 06:05:16 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Indiana squeaks one out at home tonight  (Read 59806 times)

NersEllenson

• All American
Indiana squeaks one out at home tonight
« on: November 12, 2013, 09:08:35 PM »
As bad as our Southern game may have looked or been....could have been worse.  Indiana held off LIU - Brooklyn at home as LIU Brooklyn missed a close in shot at 4 second mark left.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Indiana squeaks one out at home tonight
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 09:09:29 PM »
As bad as our Southern game may have looked or been....could have been worse.  Indiana held off LIU - Brooklyn at home as LIU Brooklyn missed a close in shot at 4 second mark left.

K.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 09:09:48 PM »
Young team. Lots of talent. They'll get better. Plus, as noted, to most of the "cupcakes", these games are their superbowls.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 09:10:28 PM »
Crean is changing his shorts after that one

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 09:21:18 PM »
Clap, clap, clap, clap, clap,clap, clap, clap, etc.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 09:49:45 PM »
Words heard this weekend here...."Southern isn't a bad team, they went to the NCAAs last year as a 16 seed and gave Gonzaga a good game"

Makes you wonder if anyone would say this "Southern LIU-Brooklyn isn't a bad team, they went to the NCAAs last year and the year before and the year before making the NCAA tournament three straight years for the first time in school history" as a 16 seed and gave Gonzaga a good game"

LOL

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 09:54:28 PM »
LIUB had two chances in the final 9 seconds to win the game .. would have been a stunner.

mugrad2006

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 09:58:58 PM »
LIUB had two chances in the final 9 seconds to win the game .. would have been a stunner.

Now don't go letting the facts get in the way of a good narrative and a lesson for all of us...

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2013, 10:13:09 PM »
Good thing that buyout is only ~$14MM
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2013, 10:29:26 PM »
"LIU-B is a potential Final 4 team at this point in the season, every team is."

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2013, 10:37:31 PM »
"LIU-B is a potential Final 4 team at this point in the season, every team is."

True statement.

I just checked over on the IU board to see if any fans had written "LIU-B is a good team, they made the NCAAs the last three straight years".  Didn't see it.  I guess we are a little more forgiving in our analysis of our opponents here.   ;)

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2013, 10:41:01 PM »
Words heard this weekend here...."Southern isn't a bad team, they went to the NCAAs last year as a 16 seed and gave Gonzaga a good game"

Makes you wonder if anyone would say this "Southern LIU-Brooklyn isn't a bad team, they went to the NCAAs last year and the year before and the year before making the NCAA tournament three straight years for the first time in school history" as a 16 seed and gave Gonzaga a good game"

LOL

MU won a game never really in doubt against a team that lost to a #1 seed in last year's tournament by 5. Indiana needed two missed shots in the final 5 seconds (one a layup) to get by a team that lost a play in game by 13 to a team that eventually lost as a #16 seed to a #1 seed by 21.

The team that Marquette beat solidly if unimpressively is favored to return to the NCAAs. LIU-Brooklyn is picked 3rd in their conference.

Finally, on one hand it's little old Marquette. On the other hand It's Indiana, It's Indiana is in year 6 of their 5 year plan to return to the top of college basketball's heap.

LOL indeed.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2013, 10:51:12 PM »
Crean is changing his shorts panties after that one

Death on call

mugrad2006

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2013, 11:11:03 PM »
True statement.

I just checked over on the IU board to see if any fans had written "LIU-B is a good team, they made the NCAAs the last three straight years".  Didn't see it.  I guess we are a little more forgiving in our analysis of our opponents here.   ;)

That's funny. I just checked the LIU Bklyn boards and they can't believe they lost to a team that has only made the tourney twice in past five years.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2013, 11:13:02 PM »

I just checked over on the IU board to see if any fans had written "LIU-B is a good team, they made the NCAAs the last three straight years".  Didn't see it.  I guess we are a little more forgiving in our analysis of our opponents here.   ;)

Decided to do a little fact checking on the IU board. Some quotes:

"I thought Crean did a very good job tonight. He pulled out a win when it looked like we would lose. This may be his year for COTY"

"Good game tonight! Our guys grew up a little. Glad to see our guys play a non cupcake."

"LIU-B is now my second favorite team."

"Let's not forget, LIU-B would have played us if they had not lost to James Madison in the play in game. They're not a bad team"

"We needed a game like this."

Lots more, but you get the idea. Plenty of crimson kool aid being consumed over there. Have to give your post four pinnochios.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 11:15:11 PM by Lennys Tap »

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2013, 11:23:38 PM »

"I thought Crean did a very good job tonight. He pulled out a win when it looked like we would lose. This may be his year for COTY"

"Good game tonight! Our guys grew up a little. Glad to see our guys play a non cupcake."

"Let's not forget, LIU-B would have played us if they had not lost to James Madison in the play in game. They're not a bad team"

Lots more, but you get the idea. Plenty of crimson kool aid being consumed over there. Have to give your post four pinnochios.

Are you sh1tting me? That is beyond delusional... The Bronzed Beast must be tainting the water over there

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2013, 11:23:54 PM »
MU won a game never really in doubt against a team that lost to a #1 seed in last year's tournament by 5. Indiana needed two missed shots in the final 5 seconds (one a layup) to get by a team that lost a play in game by 13 to a team that eventually lost as a #16 seed to a #1 seed by 21.

The team that Marquette beat solidly if unimpressively is favored to return to the NCAAs. LIU-Brooklyn is picked 3rd in their conference.

Finally, on one hand it's little old Marquette. On the other hand It's Indiana, It's Indiana is in year 6 of their 5 year plan to return to the top of college basketball's heap.

LOL indeed.

You continue to crack me up.  I don't know why you say little old Marquette, after all the preseason rankings which are the most important way to determine a team's worth says they are the 17th best team in the country.  The same rankings don't even have IU ranked in the top 25.  MU is picked to win the Big East, IU is picked 6th in their conference.  Certainly appears that the expectations are much higher for MU this year, as they should be.  Veteran team at key spots, weaker league, we should do very well.  IU, really young, talented but probably a year a way.

I am glad to see that Southern is picked to return to the NCAAs, because again those preseason prognostications are gold.  That team I watched tonight had players on it that had NEVER missed the NCAA tournament, but it is true they are picked 3rd so I'm guessing they will shut the season down and not bother to play any games due to predetermination of the NEC gurus.

I've always liked to read things like "blah blah needed two missed shots to win the game".  So lazy, really lazy analysis.  I'm guilty of it at times, so don't worry about it.  It's not as if IU made their free throws at the end that the opponent wouldn't even have had that opportunity (those tidbits of factoids can be ignored)...sort of like if an opponent could in-bound the ball properly at the end of the game and not piss down their leg, they would win their NCAA tournament game.  Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good.  LOL.  Fans are funny.  We all are.

LOL, indeed.  Don't worry Lenny, IU will lose plenty of games this year that you can get really excited about.   They will likely meet that 6th place expectation.  If they don't, I have no doubt you will hold them to a standard of underachieving.  One hopes MU reaches our 1st place expectation, if they don't I have no doubt you will do the same. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2013, 11:25:17 PM »

You must go to a lame IU board like Peegs.  Sorry, I rarely go there (yes, I have posted a few times, but very rarely).  Not exactly your high quality IU board.  Too many former MU posters over there that pose as IU fans (seriously).  

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2013, 12:19:02 AM »
C'mon Chicos....there's no winning this argument.  IU at Year 6 in the Crean regime has no business barely squeaking out a win at home against a team like LIU-Brooklyn.

Its after all, Indiana.  A blue blood program, in a state with a ton of talent, in a BCS conference, the flagship university in the state.

Being predicted to finish 6th in the Big 10 in Year 6 of the "turnaround."  That's almost as bad as going from the Final Four to a first round loser in the NIT the next year...with two future pros on the roster.

Pretty clear at this point after 5 years, the verdict is in - Buzz Williams has been a major upgrade over your beloved TC.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2013, 12:35:16 AM »
C'mon Chicos....there's no winning this argument.  IU at Year 6 in the Crean regime has no business barely squeaking out a win at home against a team like LIU-Brooklyn.

Its after all, Indiana.  A blue blood program, in a state with a ton of talent, in a BCS conference, the flagship university in the state.

Being predicted to finish 6th in the Big 10 in Year 6 of the "turnaround."  That's almost as bad as going from the Final Four to a first round loser in the NIT the next year...with two future pros on the roster.

Pretty clear at this point after 5 years, the verdict is in - Buzz Williams has been a major upgrade over your beloved TC.

The results are in, amigo. What's left to ponder?

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2013, 12:44:18 AM »
The results are in, amigo. What's left to ponder?

That's obvious...If Chicos will ever relent and admit Buzz Williams is a superior coach than Tom Crean?  I mean how can I guy be in his 6th year at a blueblood program like IU, and be picked for 6th in preseason coaches poll?  (Especially coming off a first place finish last year - talk about regression.) 

Somehow, I feel that even after 6 years of evidence, the Bailbondsmen will still continue the fight....for which I applaud him, and thank him, as it provides great comedic value here.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2013, 12:45:17 AM »
That's almost as bad as going from the Final Four to a first round loser in the NIT the next year...with two future pros on the roster.

The most shameful night in the long, proud history of Marquette basketball

Death on call

MileHigh

• Team Captain
  • Go Warriors!
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2013, 09:13:39 AM »
I was flipping back and forth, it was rather interesting down the stretch.  Some of my observations...

• BTN Announcers - Defending a loss before it potentially happened.  LIU is a great team, NCAA tourney team, blah blah blah
  • After the victory, Crean is COTY, more respect for LIU...all the same from the IU Boards
  • Social Media Attitude - Cheering the fact that Kentucky lost...let's remember Kentucky lost to #2 Sparty...not LIU

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2013, 09:28:19 AM »
Indy

I think most IU fans (and many other fans) were cheering UK's loss because they lost.  UK fans actually were selling 40-0 t-shirts this year to commerate their undefeated season and coronation to the NCAA championship.  Or when Coach Cal said a few weeks ago that UK IS college basketball.  Well, it's not that UK lost to #2 MSU that matters, it is that they lost that has people happy.

As far as IU, etc.  I just found it funny the Southern comments here last week and how "different" they are when applied to another team, especially one that played a 3 straight NCAA appearance team.   But hey, fans are fans and they say some of the funniest things.   ;)

MileHigh

• Team Captain
  • Go Warriors!
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2013, 10:01:27 AM »
Indy

I think most IU fans (and many other fans) were cheering UK's loss because they lost.  UK fans actually were selling 40-0 t-shirts this year to commerate their undefeated season and coronation to the NCAA championship.  Or when Coach Cal said a few weeks ago that UK IS college basketball.  Well, it's not that UK lost to #2 MSU that matters, it is that they lost that has people happy.

As far as IU, etc.  I just found it funny the Southern comments here last week and how "different" they are when applied to another team, especially one that played a 3 straight NCAA appearance team.   But hey, fans are fans and they say some of the funniest things.   ;)

I just enjoyed the social media roller coaster...

IU is losing...morale is low
IU wins...morale is high
UK loses...morale is through the roof, IU > UK, Coach Cal is afraid of Assembly Hall, blah blah blah

feedback