[June 08, 2024, 07:42:23 PM]

Incoming freshmen by MuMark
[June 08, 2024, 07:03:51 PM]

And The New...... by Tyler COLEk
[June 08, 2024, 11:45:55 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Herman Cain
[June 08, 2024, 11:31:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Travon Bunch  (Read 57945 times)

moomoo

• Team Captain
Travon Bunch
« on: October 19, 2013, 07:02:59 AM »
Might be a solution.

2013 future 150 national camp

Travon Bunch, 2014 C- The 6-foot-11 post prospect was one of the more interesting ones to come through camp. He is a good shot-blocker and rebounder. Offensively, he tries to dunk everything he can get his hands on and runs the floor well. It's no wonder that high major programs are showing serious interest.

http://future150.com/hs/basketball-news/2013-future150-national-camp-top-20-all-star-game-4250

Silenzio. Parla il moomoo.

Room510

• Scholarship Player
Re: Travon Bunch
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 08:25:31 AM »
Per verbal commits, MU has offered along with DePaul, Iowa State and Green Bay.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 08:29:44 AM »
Travon would help a bunch, a'ina.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

🏀

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 09:09:05 AM »
Where's NateDogg when we need RUSD information?

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 09:11:05 AM »
Since he first popped up as a sophomore, he has been so invisible I had almost started to think he had left the country.  Maybe that's just what happens to any kid who doesn't crack a top 150 list.

/ESPN has him listed as Trevon with an "e" making him tough to find.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 09:19:29 AM by LittleMurs »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 01:39:28 PM »
Where's NateDogg when we need RUSD information?
Funny you mention Bunch cause I have not heard a lot about him since last season.  Usually when an athlete (regardless Case, Horlick, Park or St. Cats) is given scholarships you hear a ton of buzz about that student throughout the school.  With Bunch I really have not heard much but that could be because Horlick struggled last year.  I work with the Horlick coach during summer school and he has a good relationship with Iowa State as they seem to have a huge presence amongst not only athletes but RUSD students in general (You wont believe how many RUSD students go to Iowa state after HS).  From what I am told he is a major project, but you cant teach 6'11 and we might be hearing more from Bunch this season as Horlick is going to be much improved.
The three RUSD kids that are getting a lot of buzz around Park HS are Prentiss McGowan (2016) who is a 6'2 guard and is already getting D1 interest.  Kaj Days (2016) 6'8 Center but still growing im told.  and Cedric Scales (2016) Center 6'6 and growing.   

In other RUSD news, I have noticed that the amount of Marquette sweaters I see in the hallways is growing rapidly.  I would be willing to be that amongst Black, and Latino/Latina students that Marquette sweaters are equal to Wisconsin Sweaters.  And lets face it you can a Wisconsin sweater at Wal-Mart so a student would actually have to seek out a Marquette sweater in order to get one.   

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2013, 01:55:14 PM »
Funny you mention Bunch cause I have not heard a lot about him since last season.  Usually when an athlete (regardless Case, Horlick, Park or St. Cats) is given scholarships you hear a ton of buzz about that student throughout the school.  With Bunch I really have not heard much but that could be because Horlick struggled last year.  I work with the Horlick coach during summer school and he has a good relationship with Iowa State as they seem to have a huge presence amongst not only athletes but RUSD students in general (You wont believe how many RUSD students go to Iowa state after HS).  From what I am told he is a major project, but you cant teach 6'11 and we might be hearing more from Bunch this season as Horlick is going to be much improved.
The three RUSD kids that are getting a lot of buzz around Park HS are Prentiss McGowan (2016) who is a 6'2 guard and is already getting D1 interest.  Kaj Days (2016) 6'8 Center but still growing im told.  and Cedric Scales (2016) Center 6'6 and growing.   

In other RUSD news, I have noticed that the amount of Marquette sweaters I see in the hallways is growing rapidly.  I would be willing to be that amongst Black, and Latino/Latina students that Marquette sweaters are equal to Wisconsin Sweaters.  And lets face it you can a Wisconsin sweater at Wal-Mart so a student would actually have to seek out a Marquette sweater in order to get one.   

I havent been there in a while, but I know that as far away as the Kohl's on south 27th st used to sell MU t-shirts, hoodies, etc.

What is RUSD?

kclem

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2013, 02:03:32 PM »
What is RUSD?
[/quote]

Racine Unified School District

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2013, 02:41:26 PM »

KW, our man in SE Wisco!  Thanks for the info., bro.  Do you hear anything specific about Days and MU?  Like has anyone from MU been out to watch him or whatever?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Warriors4

• Walk-On
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2013, 03:01:32 PM »
Anyone know if Travon was at Madness?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2013, 04:54:46 PM »
Can you get a Marquette sweatshirt at Brooks Brothers or Ralph Lauren? Surely they're available at Tom Ford on Rodeo.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2013, 08:00:47 PM »
Can you get a Marquette sweatshirt at Brooks Brothers or Ralph Lauren? Surely they're available at Tom Ford on Rodeo.

Tom Ford? Is he the cologne guy?

Death on call

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2013, 09:30:13 PM »
Tom Ford? Is he the cologne guy?

No, turtleneck

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2013, 09:41:30 PM »
Multiple turtlenecks
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 09:43:57 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2013, 09:42:09 PM »
No, turtleneck

That's odd. I thought he did cologne. Perhaps he should run more adverts...

Death on call

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2013, 09:44:54 PM »
Looks like he does more than cologne, a'ina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2013, 09:48:44 PM »
Looks like he does more than cologne, a'ina?

Yep, indoor scarves too

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2013, 08:44:29 AM »
KW, our man in SE Wisco!  Thanks for the info., bro.  Do you hear anything specific about Days and MU?  Like has anyone from MU been out to watch him or whatever?
Days has been at a couple of MU functions like games unofficial stuff like that. 
Told me he was kinda jealous that the coaches pretty much just wanted to talk to D-Stone. 
Great kid, smart kid, and Im told that his brother (Current 8th or 7th Grader) is even better than him.

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2013, 08:52:59 AM »
Who cares what big man is out there, just call me when we get one. Because, 7 footers are all upside when you have a guy that can coach.

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2013, 09:28:50 AM »
Just talked to the Horlick Coach.
He tells me that he has not been contacted by the Marquette coaching staff regarding Bunch.

He prefaced it by saying that a lot of it goes through the AAU coach nowadays anyways.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2013, 09:44:00 AM »
Who cares what big man is out there, just call me when we get one. Because, 7 footers are all upside when you have a guy that can coach.

That's pushing it a bit. Buzz won playing 6'8" Dwight Burke, 6'5" Lazar Hayward, 6'7" Jimmy Butler, and 6'4" Jae Crowder at center in various times of his career at Marquette. I don't see any way this staff takes a guy just because he is 84" tall. He still needs to have some potential and game.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2013, 10:34:22 AM »
And it was always a dog fight for us to play without a true center.  We need to recruit a couple "bigs" to move up to the next level.  Why fight it?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2013, 10:43:00 AM »
And it was always a dog fight for us to play without a true center.  We need to recruit a couple "bigs" to move up to the next level.  Why fight it?

We are recruiting bigs.  Buzz isn't going to recruit bigs that he doesn't think can play however.  We had this conversation when Ben Mills was winning a state championship at Arrowhead - and Buzz was right to pass him by too.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2013, 11:45:09 AM »
No we don't need stud bigs to move up to the next level. If we keep getting stud switchables, a guy who is a stud big will follow. Someone like Stone will eventually sign on. Just hope it is soon.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2013, 11:56:16 AM »
Willie... your comments are a tad confusing.  My comment is that we need to recruit a couple of good "bigs" for next year and the year after.  Bigs are needed for us to move up a notch to compete.

feedback