[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Internet is full of lies  (Read 3244 times)

BubbaWilliams

• Team Captain
  • "He's a great player, but an even better person."
"Say hello to your mom for me." - Biff Tannen

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: The Internet is full of lies
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 02:53:57 PM »
Another reason Buzz will go to Texas

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 03:26:03 PM »
Another reason Buzz will go to Texas

You know you didn't want to use teal. Playing cool today, I see....? ;D

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 04:07:42 PM »
Pfft.  It's because it's a top party school.  Lots of beer goggles and drunken hookups.
Have some patience, FFS.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 04:35:16 PM »
Yale??!!

Death on call

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 01:05:33 PM »
While I'm happy to see my alma mater deservedly at #2, the fact that there are 2 Ivy league schools and UW is #1 with ASU and all the Cali schools off the list, makes me realize this list is garbage, regardless of whatever "sexual health" qualifiers they added.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 02:39:48 PM »
While I'm happy to see my alma mater deservedly at #2, the fact that there are 2 Ivy league schools and UW is #1 with ASU and all the Cali schools off the list, makes me realize this list is garbage, regardless of whatever "sexual health" qualifiers they added.

Most of the UC schools wouldn't make the list.  Cal State schools, however, definitely. 

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2013, 04:05:39 PM »
Most of the UC schools wouldn't make the list.  Cal State schools, however, definitely. 

One of the widest campuses in America is Cal State - Chico...Any relation?

Death on call

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2013, 04:37:36 PM »

Ive heard nothing but good things about UC-Santa Barbara and UCSD in terms of female populations.  Id imagine SDSU, Pepperdine, and USC would be well represented as well.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2013, 04:48:29 PM »
Ive heard nothing but good things about UC-Santa Barbara and UCSD in terms of female populations.  Id imagine SDSU, Pepperdine, and USC would be well represented as well.

I don't know...old days yes, not so much anymore.  Both are now top 50 academic schools now (which explains how I got into them 20 years ago but couldn't today).  San Diego State definitely has that reputation, but UCSD doesn't.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2013, 05:10:41 PM »
I don't know...old days yes, not so much anymore.  Both are now top 50 academic schools now (which explains how I got into them 20 years ago but couldn't today).  San Diego State definitely has that reputation, but UCSD doesn't.

So Marquette was your "Safety School?"

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2013, 09:04:55 PM »
So Marquette was your "Safety School?"

Actually, yes.  My Dominican monk advisor in high school asked where I was applying.  Notre Dame, UCSD, UC Irvine, MU.  He immediately said, you're in Marquette.   Got into the other two UC schools, but turned down by Notre Dame.

I wanted to attend a Catholic school if possible, but also leave home if I were.  I don't regret it, though now that I live back in California having the networks of the UC system wouldn't have hurt, that's for sure.

MUBillsTil2017

• Walk-On
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2013, 09:57:38 PM »

You forget about UCSB.   It's not just the coed on campus, it's the rich and shameless mistresses cruising State Street or some of the night clubs outside of downtown.  During my boys recruit tour in 2003, I couldn't believe his luck with dorms on cliff tops, beaches within walking distance and the Hollywood caliber female students cruising campus.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2013, 10:41:39 PM »
You forget about UCSB.   It's not just the coed on campus, it's the rich and shameless mistresses cruising State Street or some of the night clubs outside of downtown.  During my boys recruit tour in 2003, I couldn't believe his luck with dorms on cliff tops, beaches within walking distance and the Hollywood caliber female students cruising campus.

It's changed a lot in the last 10 years.  We were just up there a few months ago as my son was in a big soccer tournament on campus for a weekend.  One of my employees is a UCSB grad (we have many at work), and they all say the partying days of the 1990's with Isla Vista are long gone.  Much more mild now.  Yes, still some attractive folks, but the school's rep has changed a bit as they are striving to be recognized as more academic.  It's worked to a large degree.

MUBillsTil2017

• Walk-On
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2013, 11:03:12 PM »
It's changed a lot in the last 10 years.  We were just up there a few months ago as my son was in a big soccer tournament on campus for a weekend.  One of my employees is a UCSB grad (we have many at work), and they all say the partying days of the 1990's with Isla Vista are long gone.  Much more mild now.  Yes, still some attractive folks, but the school's rep has changed a bit as they are striving to be recognized as more academic.  It's worked to a large degree.

Yes the school has tried to invent itself as a high brow academics experience. I heard a dean tell the assembled parents in 2003, they had a future planned for academic excellence.  Still, to this day, it's a flesh pot. Even back then it was 20,000 applicants for 2,000 seats and those applicants were 4.0 AP kids and yet, the party harder crowd found their North Star at UCSB.
How a top 20 sexy schools ranking could exclude UCSB, is a shame and malpractice.   

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2013, 02:40:26 PM »

My cousin from Boston went to UCSB.  He's the only surf dude I know in Connecticut.  If he hears of big waves in the Atlantic he's off to Rhode Island in heart beat.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2013, 03:19:33 PM »
My cousin from Boston went to UCSB.  He's the only surf dude I know in Connecticut.  If he hears of big waves in the Atlantic he's off to Rhode Island in heart beat.

That water is balls in the stomach cold even in August...

Death on call

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2013, 07:28:00 AM »

Almost a decade ago the wife and I visited Virginia Beach and remarked how warm the water was and decided we would not be vacationing in Cape Cod or a Northern beach anytime soon.  It's been Myrtle Beach or someplace in Florida since then.  At least here at home, Long Island Sound is not bad temperature-wise in July & August & September.  (Stay away in June as it hasn't warmed up yet.)  It's shallow and does not get the cold deep Atlantic waves.

Stronghold

• All American
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2013, 11:56:11 AM »

Wait, isn't that where everyone's already are or is it just me?

feedback