Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 5 Years, 28 Weeks Today...  (Read 12762 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
5 Years, 28 Weeks Today...
« on: October 14, 2013, 09:45:04 AM »
Crean left, and all of the Marquette community is better because of it.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GGGG

• All American
Re: 5 Years, 28 Weeks Today...
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 09:47:07 AM »
Crean left, and my odd obsessions began.

Fixed.

Abode4life

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 10:28:55 AM »

No Sultan.  This is correct: "Crean left, and my odd obsessions intensified."

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 10:32:29 AM »
Crean left, and Chicos made a complete 180 on his view of Marquette Basketball.

Fixed.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 10:36:10 AM »

Well, except for the Soccer Stadium Fund Raising Campaign....

Death on call

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 10:37:21 AM »
I really don't know what's worse...all the trolling people do to try to get a rise out of CBB, or that he usually always responds  ?-(
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 10:39:52 AM »
I am very happy with Buzz, but I do not know if this statement is true. We simply do not know what would have happen, if Crean had stayed.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 10:41:27 AM »
I am very happy with Buzz, but I do not know if this statement is true. We simply do not know what would have happen, if Crean had stayed.

The Soccer Stadium Fund would be $250M richer and Jack Harbaugh would still have a job?

Death on call

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 10:55:40 AM »

Well, we don't what would have happened if Dukiet hadn't been fired, either. That said, it's pretty safe to say that MU was better off with KO than him. After watching TC for 9 years and Buzz for 5, I'm comfortable we're in a much better place today. Better teams, more regular season and tournament success, better and much more consistent recruiting, better guy who much better exemplifies what the university should be about, etc., etc. Slam dunk.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 11:08:13 AM »
I really don't know what's worse...all the trolling people do to try to get a rise out of CBB, or that he usually always responds  ?-(

One of the great questions of our time

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2013, 11:18:35 AM »
An hour and 15 minutes ago, a really pointless thread got started on MUScoop
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2013, 11:24:09 AM »
....a coach who had put in 9 seasons, won 190 games, taken MU to a final 4, left the building.   And took all of his coaching characteristics, positive and negative, with him.     A few days after that MU hired a coach.    Some were irked by the 'process' and the timing.    Some were wrong.     MU basketball is in good hands.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
6 years, 3 months, 8 days ago
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2013, 11:26:39 AM »
6 years, 3 months, 8 days ago a guy named Buzz Williams was hired by a guy named Tom Crean at Marquette

My passion for MU basketball has not changed one bit.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
Re: 6 years, 3 months, 8 days ago
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2013, 11:43:30 AM »
6 years, 3 months, 8 days ago a guy named Buzz Williams was hired by a guy named Tom Crean at Marquette

I don't doubt you enjoy Marquette basketball as you wouldn't be here otherwise, but you went from one of the most optimistic posters to one of the most pessimistic overnight.  Everything was seashells and balloons when Crean was here now everything seems to be doom and gloom despite our success.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2013, 11:57:55 AM »

Standard Chicos move: Minimize buzz, maximize TC.

Also, IBTL.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2013, 12:09:29 PM »
Standard Chicos move: Minimize buzz, maximize TC.

Also, IBTL.

Hardly.  Buzz isn't here without TC, that irony remains lost on just about everyone here.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2013, 12:09:57 PM »
You would think that having Buzz would be the balm to heal this wound. He is recruiting better that TC did while at MU and just as good or better (i.e. current class) than TC. I guess some wounds just never heal.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2013, 12:13:28 PM »
You would think that having Buzz would be the balm to heal this wound. He is recruiting better that TC did while at MU and just as good or better (i.e. current class) than TC. I guess some wounds just never heal.

I feel the irony is all the people that continue to complain about him most and bring him up most frequently are those that are happy to have him gone. You'd think being happy to have him gone would be enough. Instead we need some silly 5 years, 28 weeks thread. What kind of senseless, arbitrary number is that, and unless it's significant, how is this anything other than trolling for the same discussion that has been overdone on here for the past 5 years and 28 weeks or so?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2013, 12:17:45 PM »
I can't believe you unnatural carnal knowledgeng twats are so obsessed with the sycophantic bullcrap of your own minds to be bothered by this silliness on a Monday morning.

God Bless America.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2013, 12:18:08 PM »
I don't doubt you enjoy Marquette basketball as you wouldn't be here otherwise, but you went from one of the most optimistic posters to one of the most pessimistic overnight.  Everything was seashells and balloons when Crean was here now everything seems to be doom and gloom despite our success.

Search is your friend....I don't have the time this week to do it, but I'd suggest you go back and read some threads here and especially on Cracked Sidewalks and tell me if EVERYTHING was seashells and balloons.  You and Lenny have a weird absolutism to you.  It's EVERY, ALWAYS, NEVER....it's lazy, quite frankly.  There have also been things that went on in the last 5 years that didn't go on in the previous regime, at least in terms of bad press.  The situations were also different...MU was not even a NIT team to start the previous regime...different starting points, different expectations. 

My passion hasn't changed one bit.  I think MU will win the Big East this year and they have more depth than I've seen on a MU team in quite some time.  Very pleased with last year and looking forward to this year.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2013, 12:21:28 PM »
I'm so glad this thread was started it was so necessary and not at all a blatant attempt to get a rise out of somebody who has made it abundantly clear he won't change his mind on Crean.  It doesn't make the guy who started this thread come off as weird and obsessive at all. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2013, 12:24:42 PM »
Search is your friend....I don't have the time this week to do it, but I'd suggest you go back and read some threads here and especially on Cracked Sidewalks and tell me if EVERYTHING was seashells and balloons.  You and Lenny have a weird absolutism to you.  It's EVERY, ALWAYS, NEVER....it's lazy, quite frankly.  There have also been things that went on in the last 5 years that didn't go on in the previous regime, at least in terms of bad press.  The situations were also different...MU was not even a NIT team to start the previous regime...different starting points, different expectations. 

My passion hasn't changed one bit.  I think MU will win the Big East this year and they have more depth than I've seen on a MU team in quite some time.  Very pleased with last year and looking forward to this year.

Could you explain how we weren't even an NIT team? I believe Crean took us to the NIT his first year and had the same record his second year though didnt get an invite.  I know he inherited crap but not an NIT team is playing with the facts. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2013, 12:27:41 PM »
Could you explain how we weren't even an NIT team? I believe Crean took us to the NIT his first year and had the same record his second year though didnt get an invite.  I know he inherited crap but not an NIT team is playing with the facts. 

I think he means that the season prior to Crean MU didn't even make the NIT.

I believe a certain fan who now goes by the name Chico's vehemently argued against Deane's firing (and didn't like the Crean hire) on the old old MU basketball board.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2013, 12:31:30 PM »
Buzz isn't here without TC, that irony remains lost on just about everyone here.

Buzz is here despite Tom Crean who wanted to take him to Indiana.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2013, 12:53:52 PM »

One would think.........

feedback