Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Ohio State fans are the worst  (Read 10204 times)

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Ohio State fans are the worst
« on: October 07, 2013, 12:40:08 PM »
Just preparing those of you who will be attending the Ohio St. game this year. I was at the Northwestern game and I had multiple Ohio St. fans try to start a fight with me and one guy poured a beer on me. Just be prepared for the most obnoxious, arrogant fans to attend the Bradley Center that day.

bradley center bat

• All American
Re: Ohio State fans are the worst
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 12:41:12 PM »
The football team is at Illinois that day. I wouldn't think many OSU fans will be at the BC.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 12:47:55 PM »
Just preparing those of you who will be attending the Ohio St. game this year. I was at the Northwestern game and I had multiple Ohio St. fans try to start a fight with me and one guy poured a beer on me. Just be prepared for the most obnoxious, arrogant fans to attend the Bradley Center that day.
Hmmm...not what Mike Greenberg said today on Mike and Mike. He was the Grand Marshall of NW homecoming parade. And we all know that Greenberg is a respected PC  journalist.

By the way, I have never seen more beer throwing fans than at a Badger football game, although I am sure others have experienced/seen same at other venues.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 12:49:35 PM »
Hmmm...not what Mike Greenberg said today on Mike and Mike. He was the Grand Marshall of NW homecoming parade. And we all know that Greenberg is a respected PC  journalist.

By the way, I have never seen more beer throwing fans than at a Badger football game, although I am sure others have experienced/seen same at other venues.

Thanks for the warning, ill be at Camp Randall next week.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 12:55:06 PM »
You know if they want to waste an expensive beer and I manage to get some of said beer in my mouth then I'm ok. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

MUlegends

• Walk-On
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 12:57:46 PM »
Just a rule I live by: Nothing good comes out of Ohio. Nothing.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 12:58:11 PM »
You know if they want to waste an expensive beer and I manage to get some of said beer in my mouth then I'm ok. 

Just because Miller Lite is expensive at the BC doesn't make it worth drinking

🏀

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 01:02:41 PM »
Just a rule I live by: Nothing good comes out of Ohio. Nothing.

I've been living under this mantra since my freshman year.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2013, 01:16:43 PM »

Not to be super nitpicky but they don't sell beer at Camp Randall
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2013, 01:28:40 PM »
Not to be super nitpicky but they don't sell beer at Camp Randall
Yeah, its been about 20 plus years since I went to a game, and they did not sell it then either, but there was plenty of alcohol being thrown around in the stands, and plenty on the opposing team when they came out. Maybe it has changed, but hey--it's Wisconsin!

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2013, 01:35:19 PM »
Yeah, its been about 20 plus years since I went to a game, and they did not sell it then either, but there was plenty of alcohol being thrown around in the stands, and plenty on the opposing team when they came out. Maybe it has changed, but hey--it's Wisconsin!

Oh their fans are the worst, my aunt has season tickets so I've gone at least one a year for the past 20 years.  They are vicious to their own fans let alone opponents.  I was at the OSU-Wisconsin game in I think 2005 when it was pouring and whoever was the starting Becky QB(Sorgi?) got choked by the OSU nose tackle.  The seats are like 20th row, one section over from the students and everyone in front of us was standing but everyone behind us and to the left was not.

My two cousins and I decided to stand up so we could watch which then caused the guy sitting behind us with his 5 year old son to unleash the most prolific use of profanity and threats of violence I've ever heard(and I've spent a lot of time around the US Navy).  It was amazing to me that 3 20 somethings had way more control than this douche nozzle because we could have easily gotten in a fight....as it was it sparked spats between this guy and other people defending us who then got verbally attacked by people defending the nozzle, so on.  The whole section was in a brewhaha for like 20 minutes before everyone decided to sulk to themselves....it was amazing.

I won't even mention what happens when I go in flying enemy colors, I think we all have those stories.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 01:37:05 PM by mu03eng »
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2013, 01:38:19 PM »
And lest anyone think I'm defending OSU, I lived in Ohio for 7 years...their fans are horrific and obnoxious...I'd sooner hang out with Becky fans after MU has lost to them than spend time with OSU fans who are interested in the program.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2013, 01:43:48 PM »

I won't even mention what happens when I go in flying enemy colors, I think we all have those stories.

So wearing a Northwestern jersey this week is probably a bad idea?

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2013, 01:47:22 PM »
I was downtown this weekend and they were everywhere.  

Saw aroun 10 Bro-hio t-shirts I assume were leftover from the Indians.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2013, 03:09:54 PM »
And lest anyone think I'm defending OSU, I lived in Ohio for 7 years...their fans are horrific and obnoxious...I'd sooner hang out with Becky fans after MU has lost to them than spend time with OSU fans who are interested in the program.

I don't know.  I lived in Ohio for 5 years and Wisconsin-madison fans are plenty obnoxious. 

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2013, 03:15:58 PM »
I don't know.  I lived in Ohio for 5 years and Wisconsin-madison fans are plenty obnoxious. 

C'mon Jamie, Buckeyes are insufferable...

Death on call

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2013, 03:58:10 PM »

I'm sure I would not want to wear a Giant's cap or shirt at a Dodger game in LA or a Dodger cap or shirt at a Giants game in SF. You wind up ether paralyzed or dead. Now that is the worst.

boyonthedock

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2013, 04:06:00 PM »
All fans are the worst. I've only regularly been an away fan when I go to bears games in Vikings gear. I've had people steal my clothing and rip it apart.But generally just don't be an pretty boy to away fans and protect those fans from pretty boys and everyone will be better off. The things people do because they started liking a different team as child just astound me.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2013, 04:45:31 PM »

Absolutely nothing wrong with the white shirt referral to Michigan. Only thing better would be the same picture with a green shirt referring to ND--No Dick.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2013, 09:12:59 AM »
I'm sure I would not want to wear a Giant's cap or shirt at a Dodger game in LA or a Dodger cap or shirt at a Giants game in SF. You wind up ether paralyzed or dead. Now that is the worst.

I went to a Cubs-Giants series a few years back in SF and wore my all blue Cubs cap for each game. While waiting outside the stadium before one game, a lady on a bicycle going past stopped to berate me for having the temerity to wear that cap to AT&T Park... until I turned around and she saw it was a Cubs cap. She apologized for being mean, as she thought I was wearing a Dodgers cap, and then wished me well for the rest of my stay in SF.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2013, 09:43:28 AM »
So wearing a Northwestern jersey this week is probably a bad idea?

Meh, last time Marquette played @ Wisconsin I wore a Marquette shirt and a Michigan State hat (the day Wisconsin was playing MSU for the Big Ten championship) and I had maybe 4 people even comment on it, nothing really profane.

Maybe all the dickhead fans were in Indy, but I didn't think it was so bad.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2013, 09:56:26 AM »
I went to a Cubs-Giants series a few years back in SF and wore my all blue Cubs cap for each game. While waiting outside the stadium before one game, a lady on a bicycle going past stopped to berate me for having the temerity to wear that cap to AT&T Park... until I turned around and she saw it was a Cubs cap. She apologized for being mean, as she thought I was wearing a Dodgers cap, and then wished me well for the rest of my stay in SF.

Do Dodger fans knife Giant fans or is it the other way around? Or do they both knife one another? I'd say the most dangerous fans are in sunny, peaceful California.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2013, 10:15:02 AM »
I'd say the most dangerous fans are in sunny, peaceful California.

Here is an example of California fans (San Diego Chargers)

http://deadspin.com/two-separate-heads-got-cracked-with-bottles-in-this-fig-1431342402
Bring back FFP!!!

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2013, 10:19:14 AM »
I'm thinking that the guy off camera pointing to the passed out guy's crotch must be the drunkest one in the picture because he actually thinks that he needs to point out that the passed out guy has pissed himself or somehow others will miss that.

You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2013, 10:33:20 AM »
Worst fans of all are the Raider's crowd. If you haven't seen the bizarre outfits with spikes coming out of shoulder pads and most looking like Klingon warriors it is a trip. When they come to San Diego, many season ticket holders sell their seats rather than suffer the abuse and avoid the inevitable fistfights.

By the way. Is that guy's hand in his buddies pants?  Just askin'  might be a Madison thing.