'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Ohio State fans are the worst  (Read 10203 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Ohio State fans are the worst
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2013, 11:00:43 AM »
I've been a fan of the away team at many different venues. I've been sworn at, had things thrown at me, and been jeered at. I love it, love the energy, love the passion. However, there is a line. The only time I really felt like that line was crossed was when I wore my packer gear to the Thanksgiving game in Detroit (the game where Suh stomped Dietrich-Smith).

It was the year they made the playoffs, so they finally had fans who gave a crap. I had beer dumped on me, was cussed at the whole game, was shoved, and had bottle thrown at my head (cheesehead softened the blow). Honestly, I could have taken all this, but I had brought by ten year old cousin to the game. He had to witness all that and was caught in the crossfire a couple of times. I don't care if you are rowdy fan and give people the business but kids are off limits.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2013, 11:09:34 AM »
Here is an example of California fans (San Diego Chargers)

http://deadspin.com/two-separate-heads-got-cracked-with-bottles-in-this-fig-1431342402

Looks like it was almost all Cowboys fans, including the guy who put 2 bottles in different guys' faces.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2013, 12:05:47 PM »
I've been to many a sporting event as a fan of the opposing team. The closest I've ever come to a run-in with an opposing fan was walking to my car in the Miller Park parking lot and having a plastic bottle thrown at me from a moving car while someone yelled, "Cubs suck!"

I attribute my lack of confrontations to the fact that I watch the game, shut my mouth and clap when my team does something well. For the part, the fans that I've seen getting into it with other fans are the ones who think they're a pretty big deal for wearing opposing team gear...and they're typically drunk.

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2013, 12:10:33 PM »
I have been at opposing team stadiums many times - including for college football Ohio State, Michigan, Colorado, Oregon, Penn State (among the more "known to be ravenous" fans.   For the pro's - been to Chicago, Detroit, San Fran.  I have seen how many fans are treated at Bucky games.

General Rules:

1)  95% of the time if you act normal as an opposing fan (no taunting, no brash yelling, trash talking,  etc) AND stay away from the student section - you will be perfectly fine and in most cases, find opposing fans quite interested in talking to you and sharing their city / team with you and conversing about the game.

2)  5% of the time, there is the two out of the three of young, obnoxious or drunk that you will get accosted by no matter what you do.   I.E.   Had a great time with San Fran fans at the Packer playoff game last year, until the 4th quarter when I went to the bathroom and had individuals yell at me in the hallway - they were obviously drunk and, by what they were saying, pretty much scumbags.   But I did not let that make me think bad of all San Fran fans, just some losers in life that get satisfaction at putting other teams fans down with profanity.

3)  It matters where you sit - not by the students, not in the "cheap" seats.   On the road, usually try to get near other opposing fans or in premium season ticket holder areas where people are less interested creating a scene.

Exception to the rules - Michigan, the reverse is ratio is true by my experience.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2013, 12:26:46 PM »

Exception to the rules - Michigan, the reverse is ratio is true by my experience.

2nd Exception: You are in the marching band and in the general vicinity of Dominic Raiola

Relationes Incrementum Victoria

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2013, 12:36:53 PM »
I once went to a Breewers-Cubs game at Miller Park and the 20-something group of Cubs fans in the row behind us were about the worst anyone could have been. Everytime you'd turn around to look at who said what you could see other groups of Cub fans performing 'visual apologies' for that group.

I will never go to another Cub game at MP and I used to really enjoy the Brewers-White Sox games at County Stadium, never had problems at those.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2013, 12:49:28 PM »
someone yelled, "Cubs suck!"

Well, actually they do

Death on call