[June 10, 2024, 07:34:38 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[June 10, 2024, 06:17:14 PM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by Uncle Rico
[June 10, 2024, 05:59:32 PM]

President Lovell Passes Away by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 10, 2024, 03:28:57 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruits at Madness  (Read 19940 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Recruits at Madness
« on: October 03, 2013, 11:42:24 PM »
Madness is almost here!!!!!!!!!

Sorry if this is already posted somewhere but I looked and couldn't find one. Does anyone have a list of all the recruits who will be at madness this year?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Pakuni

• All American
Re: Recruits at Madness
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 12:19:38 AM »
I'm sure there are others, but the list includes:

Ahmed Hill
Barrett Benson
Marial Shayok
Sklyer Nash
Tory Miller
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 12:25:31 AM by Pakuni »

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 12:16:24 PM »
Wait a minute, none of those names start with J.  Something is very wrong with this list.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 12:21:15 PM »
Wait a minute, none of those names start with J.  Something is very wrong with this list.

And there's no Wilson on the list  ?-(

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 12:22:44 PM »

The "J" key on the computer keyboard in the sports information office is already starting to show small cracks, so they have to back off on guy's with names staring with J.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 01:04:14 PM »
Sounds like PT thinks we should be very excited about the recruits at Madness.  I am still not the most apt at reading the twitters, but sounds like something might be brewing.  Here is the exchange (in chronological order for all of you that prefer such a thing):

Paint Touches ‏@PaintTouches 20h
I think you'll be pleased... RT @sgriffin_87to98 @PaintTouches 2014 Recruiting Wish list is Ahmed Hill and Tory Miller.
Expand

Peter Alford ‏@PeterAlford 19h
@PaintTouches go on...
Expand

Paint Touches ‏@PaintTouches 17h
Haha, in due time... RT @PeterAlford: @PaintTouches go on...
Expand

Peter Alford ‏@PeterAlford 17h
@PaintTouches don't tell me you also have a source and go to school with Diamond Stone...
Expand

Paint Touches ‏@PaintTouches 17h
@PeterAlford hahah, no I'm not that "in" at Dominican. I wish. But I like the peeps I speak with. Madness will be fun.

Start the Ahmed and/or Tory Miller commitment on MM rumors...
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 01:14:49 PM »
Sounds like PT thinks we should be very excited about the recruits at Madness.  I am still not the most apt at reading the twitters, but sounds like something might be brewing.  Here is the exchange (in chronological order for all of you that prefer such a thing):

Start the Ahmed and/or Tory Miller commitment on MM rumors...

Evan Daniels had a write up which says Hill is only waiting for visit to MU prior to committing.  He is saying that MU is solidly in the lead for his services.  He still has a visit setup for the Hoosier Hysteria event but he has previously stated that IU is off of his list and that he was still going on that visit.  If Hill feels that Madness love there is a very good chance he will commit.

I don't know if Miller is in the same boat. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, 02:05:18 PM »
Evan Daniels had a write up which says Hill is only waiting for visit to MU prior to committing.  He is saying that MU is solidly in the lead for his services.  He still has a visit setup for the Hoosier Hysteria event but he has previously stated that IU is off of his list and that he was still going on that visit.  If Hill feels that Madness love there is a very good chance he will commit.

Hill actually cancelled his trip to Indiana. I'm not referring to the story from weeks ago. He cancelled his rescheduled trip yesterday.
TAMU

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2013, 02:15:17 PM »
Hill actually cancelled his trip to Indiana. I'm not referring to the story from weeks ago. He cancelled his rescheduled trip yesterday.
He found scoop yesterday and read all the comments about TC  ;D
Goal is National Championship

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2013, 04:42:09 PM »

I thought I saw on twitter that he didn't cancel but he was looking to reschedule again. 

Retire54

• Walk-On
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2013, 05:10:59 PM »
Evan Daniels had a write up which says Hill is only waiting for visit to MU prior to committing.  He is saying that MU is solidly in the lead for his services.  He still has a visit setup for the Hoosier Hysteria event but he has previously stated that IU is off of his list and that he was still going on that visit.  If Hill feels that Madness love there is a very good chance he will commit.

When a recruit is choosing between Marquette and Missouri can we try to not use MU? Saying MU is solidly in the lead means nothing. It's pretty obvious what you mean but I've seen it elsewhere and thought I'd do a quick PSA
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 05:12:49 PM by Retire54 »

Cooby Snacks

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2013, 05:59:56 PM »
When a recruit is choosing between Marquette and Missouri can we try to not use MU? Saying MU is solidly in the lead means nothing. It's pretty obvious what you mean but I've seen it elsewhere and thought I'd do a quick PSA

Not our fault those dumbf***s don't know how acronyms work.

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2013, 07:44:47 PM »

* First, you need to secure a knot for the bunny's head. Take the laces and cross them over to make an "X". Then, pull one ear through the bottom of the "X" and pull tight.
* Now we need to give bunny some ears. Loop the laces into "bunny ears".
* Now you need to "make the bunny ears tight so they don't fall off". Then make another "X" using the "bunny ears", slide one "ear" under the "X" and pull tightly.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2013, 08:51:03 PM »
* First, you need to secure a knot for the bunny's head. Take the laces and cross them over to make an "X". Then, pull one ear through the bottom of the "X" and pull tight.
* Now we need to give bunny some ears. Loop the laces into "bunny ears".
* Now you need to "make the bunny ears tight so they don't fall off". Then make another "X" using the "bunny ears", slide one "ear" under the "X" and pull tightly.

Actually, this is wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAFcV7zuUDA

A three minute TED talk that changed my life for the better

raul

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2013, 10:58:01 PM »
Who is Skylar Nash? I like the Idea of  Miller, Hill, and maybe Shayok all signing.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2013, 11:22:12 PM »
Who is Skylar Nash? I like the Idea of  Miller, Hill, and maybe Shayok all signing.
I hoping that Miller, Hill and Shayok all commit. However, I cannot believe Buzz is essentially putting all his eggs in one basket, by having them all attend MU madness as their official visit. MU madness overall has been a bust with our recruiting. A bad production could result in us losing all three.

Marqus Howard

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2013, 12:55:27 AM »

Nash is a 2016 kid from Chicago.

http://247sports.com/Player/Skyler-Nash-31583

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2013, 02:33:06 AM »
I thought I saw on twitter that he didn't cancel but he was looking to reschedule again. 

Again. I am not referring to the story from two weeks ago. Just two days ago, Hill cancelled his trip to Indiana for the second time. He did not attend their version of midnight madness. Essentially, Indiana is out of the running
TAMU

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2013, 07:41:02 AM »
Again. I am not referring to the story from two weeks ago. Just two days ago, Hill cancelled his trip to Indiana for the second time. He did not attend their version of midnight madness. Essentially, Indiana is out of the running

I'm going to timeline this one, because it's had me confused as well...

• 2 weeks ago: Hill plans to visit Hoosier Hysteria, then cancels.
  • 1 week ago: Reportedly Crean convinces him to come to Hysteria again.
  • 3 days ago: Hill says he will not attend Hysteria and is looking to reschedule, but will reassess his situation after Marquette Madness.
I could be totally wrong, but the way I read this is that the kid probably has his mind made up and will announce a decision after Marquette Madness. However if Madness doesn't go as hoped, he keeps Indiana in the loop and hasn't burned his bridges there.

I feel 80% confident Hill will pick Marquette, and really believe he's using Marquette Madness to confirm that he's making the right choice. If things go to hell when he's here, he will reschedule the Indiana visit. Maybe I'm totally misreading this (It is mostly info from Twitter) and maybe he's already decided on Mizzou but wants to give Marquette one last chance while keeping Indiana in the mix in case it's too close to call, but this one has a good feeling around it.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2013, 08:02:28 AM »
If Crean had any class, dignity, and self respect (fat chance), he'd move on.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 08:55:46 AM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2013, 08:16:02 AM »
I hoping that Miller, Hill and Shayok all commit. However, I cannot believe Buzz is essentially putting all his eggs in one basket, by having them all attend MU madness as their official visit. MU madness overall has been a bust with our recruiting. A bad production could result in us losing all three.

this is what I think. It is almost better if they don't attend madness.

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2013, 08:27:08 AM »

We should cancel the whole thing.  Cohen and Harris may be there.  We risk decommits.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2013, 08:41:06 AM »
I think the staff has high hopes for Madness. That was always Miller's date, but both Hill and Shayok seem to have been deliberately scheduled for that same time. While I understand reservations, this could be a unique Madness. How often are you able to get that many committed recruits from various years to work to try to help seal the commitment? Harris, Cohen, Noskowiak, and Flory can all help the staff's cause. And having three guys, 2 of which seem like very good bets for Marquette (Hill and Shayok) could lead to a great result if Miller is on board.

I think we see at least one and possibly two or three commits in the next two weeks. If we don't get the third, the staff moves on from Miller and pushes for Satchel Paige, a JUCO, or other three-star big men to fill that slot.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2013, 08:55:32 AM »
If Crean had any dignity and self respect (fat chance), he'd move on.

And brains. This was his problem at Marquette. All signs point to a kid not coming to Marquette yet Crean continues to desperately try to convince him the relationship isn't over. Then he's left having recruited nobody else in case he didn't get that 1 kid. Otherwise he creeps the f*ck out of a kid, showing up at a kid's house in a limo while the kid is sleeping or Tweeting about how much he was thinking about him over the weekend and he ends up losing out on someone he had in the bag.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2013, 09:04:22 AM »
I think the staff has high hopes for Madness. That was always Miller's date, but both Hill and Shayok seem to have been deliberately scheduled for that same time. While I understand reservations, this could be a unique Madness. How often are you able to get that many committed recruits from various years to work to try to help seal the commitment? Harris, Cohen, Noskowiak, and Flory can all help the staff's cause. And having three guys, 2 of which seem like very good bets for Marquette (Hill and Shayok) could lead to a great result if Miller is on board.

I think we see at least one and possibly two or three commits in the next two weeks. If we don't get the third, the staff moves on from Miller and pushes for Satchel Paige, a JUCO, or other three-star big men to fill that slot.

I hear what your saying Brew.  I just hope a stud recruit anywhere puts more into such an important decision than if he enjoys the 2 hour showcase that is Midnight Madness.