Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Blue in Miami?  (Read 7780 times)

MUalum12

• Walk-On
Blue in Miami?
« on: September 10, 2013, 12:02:41 AM »

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: Blue in Miami?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 12:10:40 AM »
Maigh Eo for Sam

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 12:15:21 AM »
My reaction to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

Why you hating? More rings for D Wade can only be a good thing.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 03:12:09 AM »
Vander as DW's backup?

NO.

Vander as DW's backup's backup?

No.

Vander as  PG for heat?

No.

Vander getting a favor from DW because some Euro scouts will be there looking at the other guys?

Yes
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 09:04:00 AM »
Why you hating? More rings for D Wade can only be a good thing.

I really don't like Lebron and Pat Riley and think its time the next generation of MU ballers start winning (see jimmy butler)
Maigh Eo for Sam

WarriorInNYC

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 10:18:03 AM »
I really don't like Lebron and Pat Riley and think its time the next generation of MU ballers start winning (see jimmy butler)

So would you rather Vander not have a workout with an NBA team????

Honestly, Vander has so much to gain from learning from guys like Lebron and D.Wade.  Can't possibly see how this is a bad thing.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 10:37:44 AM »
So would you rather Vander not have a workout with an NBA team????

Honestly, Vander has so much to gain from learning from guys like Lebron and D.Wade.  Can't possibly see how this is a bad thing.

I think you guys are mistaking my reaction with me wanting vander to not make it.  Would it be better if I posted a guy screaming "why?!" As in "why the heat" as opposed to guy screaming "no!" As in "no! not the heat!"
Maigh Eo for Sam

source?

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 01:21:28 PM »
Good luck to Blue, I hope he gets a shot there. He could absolutely play on some NBA teams, I just don't think the Heat are in that category.

slack00

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2013, 01:51:41 PM »
Good luck to Blue, I hope he gets a shot there. He could absolutely play on some NBA teams, I just don't think the Heat are in that category.

The Heat have so much salary tied up in their superstars that they have to fill the back end of their bench with inexpensive young players.  Why not Blue?

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2013, 02:05:24 PM »
The Heat have so much salary tied up in their superstars that they have to fill the back end of their bench with inexpensive young players.  Why not Blue?

Blue is likely to end up on a cash-strapped team like Miami or even the Knicks, or on a team looking for cheap 1-year options, like the Lakers.

source?

• All American
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2013, 02:06:49 PM »

That's actually a really good point that I hadn't considered. Maybe this could be the perfect fit for him.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2013, 04:31:07 PM »
This is where I'd say, "Vander is simply not an NBA player," but now that Lockett and Buycks are in the league, I can't say that with any certainty. I hope he catches on with somebody; Miami certainly seems to have the roster spots open and a need for cheap talent to fill those spots.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2013, 07:43:26 PM »
I Usha Vander all the best. I'd like to see him land on his feet in the nba this year. Good luck, VB!

susie90

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2013, 08:13:54 PM »
I'll second that Daniel.  C'mon Vander!

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2013, 08:39:59 PM »
Blue is likely to end up on a cash-strapped team like Miami or even the Knicks, or on a team looking for cheap 1-year options, like the Lakers.

+1

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 07:15:25 PM »
http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/9662834/miami-heat-bring-back-former-no-2-overall-pick-michael-beasley

Obviously he's not a guard, but not sure how many more roster spots they have open

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2013, 08:42:02 AM »

Your saying Lebron doesnt win?  Any MU player who ends up with the Heat will be getting his ring finger fitted by end of the season.

Typical Bulls Fan

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2013, 09:08:10 AM »
Your saying Lebron doesnt win?  Any MU player who ends up with the Heat will be getting his ring finger fitted by end of the season.

Typical Bulls Fan

He didn't say that at all.

He said "I really don't like Lebron and Pat Riley" "It's time for the next generation of MU Ballers to start winning (see JFB)"

No where in there did he say Lebron doesn't win.  He would just like to see somebody else win.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2013, 09:25:35 AM »

Typical Bulls Fan

Wait I didn't say Lebron doesn't win... I know he wins, what i was saying is that its time for the new generation of mu ballers to win rather than just wade.  But while I'm a bulls fan I'd be ok with the raptors or Dallas or Knicks (HS connection to Shump) etc. winning so that we can say more MU players have nba championships now.
Maigh Eo for Sam