[Today at 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[Today at 02:09:27 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by barfolomew
[Today at 02:08:20 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 01:48:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2013-14 college football thread  (Read 21989 times)

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
Re: 2013-14 college football thread
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2013, 10:19:01 AM »
Isn't Clemson vs South Carolina the big state rivalry game?  When is it normally played?

It is.

Typically the last part of season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolina%E2%80%93Clemson_rivalry
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2013, 10:48:55 AM »
It is.

Really? Never knew that. Makes sense now
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2013, 11:39:20 AM »
It is.

That's what I thought.  Most rivalry games are usually played at the end with a few minor exceptions like Florida vs FSU and Texas v Oklahoma. 

I'm just glad Equalizer \ Hoop \ BMA \ Chicos all coordinated our efforts today properly (since we are the same people  ::) ) 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2013, 12:09:53 PM »
That's what I thought.  Most rivalry games are usually played at the end with a few minor exceptions like Florida vs FSU and Texas v Oklahoma. 

I think you mean Miami v. FSU.  Florida v. FSU is always the last game of the regular season.

And Texas v. Oklahoma has always been played during the Texas State Fair.  It started when they were in separate conferences and continued at the same date when the B12 was formed.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2013, 02:47:10 PM »
Florida v Georgia is also always the last Saturday of October, and is dubbed the world's largest outdoor cocktail party.

C'mon man, I for sure would never confuse you with BMA.   (Winky face)
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2013, 03:03:38 PM »
Too bad Bama doesn't play UGA, SC or Florida.

They'll play one of them in the SEC title game.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2013, 07:27:18 PM »

I think you mean Miami v. FSU.  Florida v. FSU is always the last game of the regular season.

And Texas v. Oklahoma has always been played during the Texas State Fair.  It started when they were in separate conferences and continued at the same date when the B12 was formed.

Thank you....correct, Miami vs FSU.  Michigan vs MSU is another.  ND vs USC is end of year if at USC, but not quite if at ND. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2013, 07:28:51 PM »
Florida v Georgia is also always the last Saturday of October, and is dubbed the world's largest outdoor cocktail party.

C'mon man, I for sure would never confuse you with BMA.   (Winky face)

;)   We have been accused of being "on the same side" in the past.  I take it as a compliment.  Gargling with Kool Aid while also hooked up to a Kool Aid IV makes Jack a dull boy.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2013, 09:19:22 PM »
;)   We have been accused of being "on the same side" in the past.  I take it as a compliment.  Gargling with Kool Aid while also hooked up to a Kool Aid IV makes Jack a dull boy.

LOL

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2013, 10:59:38 PM »
Kind of an ND fan (football-wise), but they are over-rated/hyped/ranked this year.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2013, 12:07:14 AM »
Kind of an ND fan (football-wise), but they are over-rated/hyped/ranked this year.

And that is new...how?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2013, 12:42:58 PM »
Brent Mushpucker and his ND butt love was tough to listen to last night

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2013, 01:41:58 PM »
Big game this week. Bama vs. Texas A&M

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2013, 04:54:45 PM »
26 hours away from potentially the biggest game in regular season history for Northwestern. I have been amped for this game the past 2 weeks and its almost here. I actually have a really good feeling about NUs chances tomorrow.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2013, 06:00:48 PM »
26 hours away from potentially the biggest game in regular season history for Northwestern. I have been amped for this game the past 2 weeks and its almost here. I actually have a really good feeling about NUs chances tomorrow.

In no way am I a college football fan so you probably have a much better idea than I do, but I just cannot see it. Urban Meyer couldn't coach at Florida because it was too stressful to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Now he coaches in the B1G and he can nap through the regular season and have his assistants wake him when it's time to start prepping for the SEC Champion going into the National Championship (which absurdly gives him over a month of preperation).

We may see Urban Meyer retire the first time he loses a B1G game. Which may be 20 years from now. Then again with the "Final four" being implemented next year and the potential to face TWO SEC schools to have to win a National Championship he may get too stressed out and retire again.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2013, 10:46:18 PM »
In no way am I a college football fan so you probably have a much better idea than I do, but I just cannot see it. Urban Meyer couldn't coach at Florida because it was too stressful to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Now he coaches in the B1G and he can nap through the regular season and have his assistants wake him when it's time to start prepping for the SEC Champion going into the National Championship (which absurdly gives him over a month of preperation).

We may see Urban Meyer retire the first time he loses a B1G game. Which may be 20 years from now. Then again with the "Final four" being implemented next year and the potential to face TWO SEC schools to have to win a National Championship he may get too stressed out and retire again.

Great game tonight. Disappointed to see NU lose but the B10 knows their only shot at the National Championship Game is Ohio State. The Cats were going to have to go above and beyond to win that one...and they almost did. That punt incorrectly marked as down at the 1 just before the blocked punt really changed the game. Still, an entertaining game to watch.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2013, 12:05:16 AM »
Great game tonight. Disappointed to see NU lose but the B10 knows their only shot at the National Championship Game is Ohio State. The Cats were going to have to go above and beyond to win that one...and they almost did. That punt incorrectly marked as down at the 1 just before the blocked punt really changed the game. Still, an entertaining game to watch.

It was a good game. Northwestern is better than I thought they were. And I think Ohio State may not be as good as I thought they were. They may lose the B1G title game depending on who they play. If they make it to the National Championship I would expect the SEC representative to win by double digits. But the month off can bridge the gap at times. Only time will tell. (Again this is all my very non-expert opinion. College football doesn't do a whole lot for me.)

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2013, 04:53:51 AM »
Eff ohio state and anybody associated with them. That was such a horribly officiated game. Ohio st. is losing, better give them every call in the world. Complete BS. Bad non touchback call, bad fair catch interference call when the player didnt call for a fair catch. Bad call sending the OH st. touchdown to the booth when they never would have reviewed it if Meyer got his Personalle on the field and bad call when Colter got the 1st down on that 4th down attempt. Just absolutely awful, and I never blame the officials.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2013, 05:24:58 AM »
I have actually never been more upset at an officiating crew in my life. Just dreadful. Cant wait to beat their ass in Indy in the B1G championship game. God damn it I am soooo pissed.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2013, 09:09:37 AM »
Watched the A&M / Ole Miss game last night.  Manziel really is a damn good college football player.  Thoroughly entertaining.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2013, 01:59:31 PM »
Watched the A&M / Ole Miss game last night.  Manziel really is a damn good college football player.  Thoroughly entertaining.

He's a better quarterback thus far this season than through early part of last season. However, you won't hear that as it doesn't fit ESPN's narrative. Shame, really, that seven figure salaried adults spend their life tearing down college kids.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2013, 01:20:39 PM »

What has happened to NW football?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #72 on: November 23, 2013, 01:27:20 PM »
What has happened to NW football?

It's now called Northwesterning.

They find new ways to lose every game since Gameday.

brandx

« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2013, 02:21:25 PM »
It's now called Northwesterning.

They find new ways to lose every game since Gameday.

the Detroit Lions of college football    ;D

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2013, 02:48:46 PM »
Injuries happened. Mark played 1 full game against Ohio st. Colter still seems bothered by somrthing and their starting coner back went down the 1st game of the season. I had so much expectations for NU this year. I have never been more disappointed in one of teams then this season for any team, any sport, of any level.

feedback