[Today at 08:18:48 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Global Dominance of ESPN  (Read 10769 times)

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Re: The Global Dominance of ESPN
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2013, 08:19:36 PM »
I understand the point.  I said so in my post that you quoted.  

Also, for the Olympics they were not competing against themselves.  FOX and ABC/ESPN were also bidding.  

Also, have no idea what seeing wind is, but I've broken wind about a million times. :D

I don't have a chance to google search, but I believe there was an article detailing that Fox and ABC were somewhat red herrings and that NBC trumped their original bid with a higher bid because they got spooked about losing it.

So it seems like we're on the same page, the failure of NBC was not having the Olympics but not having any other content that was worth a damn, right?

Wind is a Matthew Modine sailing movie loosely(very) based on Dennis Conner's losing the America's Cup for the first time in 132 years and then reclaiming it in 1987.  And a million?  That's all?
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2013, 09:38:32 PM »
I don't have a chance to google search, but I believe there was an article detailing that Fox and ABC were somewhat red herrings and that NBC trumped their original bid with a higher bid because they got spooked about losing it.

So it seems like we're on the same page, the failure of NBC was not having the Olympics but not having any other content that was worth a damn, right?

Wind is a Matthew Modine sailing movie loosely(very) based on Dennis Conner's losing the America's Cup for the first time in 132 years and then reclaiming it in 1987.  And a million?  That's all?

That's about tennis, right?

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2013, 07:15:49 AM »

feedback