'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Badgers MBB fall to Carlton (Canada)  (Read 24855 times)

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
SS Marquette

GGGG

• All American
Re: Badgers MBB fall to Carlton (Canada)
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 09:15:40 AM »
Carleton is by far the best team out of Canada.  They have gone something like 99-3 the past three years.

The Badgers should blow through the rest of them.  And yeah, Dekker is going to be real good.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 09:18:57 AM »
Freshman barely played, that is why you can never get to excited about freshman.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 09:21:55 AM »
Freshman barely played, that is why you can never get to excited about freshman.

Ehh....they've only been around for six weeks or so.  Way too early to tell what their role will be.

Atticus

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 09:23:57 AM »
Fire and ice.

Bo Ryan and his team had to play by FIBA rules, which includes a 24 second clock. That had to be the scariest thing Bo has ever experienced in his coaching career.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 09:26:03 AM »

Ehh....they've only been around for six weeks or so.  Way too early to tell what their role will be.

Agreed, but coaches like veterans, they will get there share of time, that is why you can never get to excited over frosh, talking about the MU frosh as well.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 09:30:25 AM »

Ford has Dekker at 18 on his first board for 2014.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 09:39:54 AM »
Draft Express has Dekker at #21 for 2014.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2013, 09:53:16 AM »
Agreed, but coaches like veterans, they will get there share of time, that is why you can never get to excited over frosh, talking about the MU frosh as well.

There is truth to that statement, but there is a big difference between the three stars Bo picked up this year and the four stars we picked up. With the exception of Dawson, every one of our players is ranked higher than Bo's top recruit. Also, we are so shallow at point that we have no choice but to play frosh.

I am keeping my expectations in check, but I think all of our newcomers (save Dawson) will make an immediate impact. Not necessarily as starters but as key players off the bench.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2013, 10:20:54 AM »
There is truth to that statement, but there is a big difference between the three stars Bo picked up this year and the four stars we picked up. With the exception of Dawson, every one of our players is ranked higher than Bo's top recruit. Also, we are so shallow at point that we have no choice but to play frosh.

I am keeping my expectations in check, but I think all of our newcomers (save Dawson) will make an immediate impact. Not necessarily as starters but as key players off the bench.

Agreed, that Duane Wilson has to step up, Burton is a nice player at the 3, and Johnson backing up Mayo, Dawson who knows.  But Wilson is the key to MU's success. 

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2013, 10:33:15 AM »
Was Dekker a UW guy all the way, or did MU have a shot at some point?

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2013, 10:34:01 AM »

I don't think Du. Wilson will be starting the UW game.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2013, 10:43:38 AM »
It is not who starts but who finishes, I expect Derrick to start out, much like Juan did last year.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2013, 10:45:30 AM »
Regardless of who starts...Duane or Derrick....I bet Duane plays a good number of minutes unless Dawson comes in and really surprises people.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2013, 10:49:02 AM »
Will this damage Wiscy's seed line as badly as reportedly losing a closed door scrimmage where a future lottery pick was supposed to have gone for 40?     ::)
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2013, 10:59:35 AM »
These games do not count, so to me it is foolish to not give the newcomers a lot of playing time.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2013, 11:04:10 AM »
So we have no excuse if we lose to them this year? 

No excuses left. Your boy (3-13 or 3-14 vs UW) has used them all up.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2013, 11:06:10 AM »

I think his first for 2013 had Dario Saric at #18 (didn't stay in 2013 draft).. he was followed by #19 CJ Leslie (undrafted) and #20 Wayne Blackshear (nice role player last year for Louisville).

In other words... where Dekker is at on his board or where Dekker is on your board and probably about equally good predictors. So, how about your thoughts instead? Seems like a guy that would stick around longer than next year to me. Very good player though and may pull a ZFB after the season.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2013, 11:19:46 AM »
No excuses left. Your boy (3-13 or 3-14 vs UW) has used them all up.

Not my boy....glad to see you made this thread about Crean...not sure why...I'm sure thousands of posters will come down on you for it.  ::)

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2013, 11:20:08 AM »
Will this damage Wiscy's seed line as badly as reportedly losing a closed door scrimmage where a future lottery pick was supposed to have gone for 40?     ::)

Beat me to it!  That will never not be funny.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2013, 11:26:28 AM »
Not my boy....glad to see you made this thread about Crean...not sure why...I'm sure thousands of posters will come down on you for it.  ::)

After you (in typical passive aggressive Chicos fashion) turned the game into a no win proposition for MU I thought it only fair to point out that UW isn't an automatic W for everyone.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2013, 11:26:47 AM »
I think his first for 2013 had Dario Saric at #18 (didn't stay in 2013 draft).. he was followed by #19 CJ Leslie (undrafted) and #20 Wayne Blackshear (nice role player last year for Louisville).

In other words... where Dekker is at on his board or where Dekker is on your board and probably about equally good predictors. So, how about your thoughts instead? Seems like a guy that would stick around longer than next year to me. Very good player though and may pull a ZFB after the season.

I think he's a huge talent and I think that 15-25 in the draft seems reasonable and I think if you're a Soph you jump at that.

I didn't mean to imply that Ford's word is absolute, it's interesting to note where the writers have him right now.  I know you take exception to experts rankings, but for most of us, it's the easiest way to gather information and get a pulse on rising talent whether those rankings are for High School, JUCO, or College.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2013, 11:31:25 AM »
Dekker may just hang around to play with Looney and Stone and cut the nets down, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2013, 11:33:00 AM »
If he's drafted 15-25 in next years draft that's saying something, the draft class is loaded.
Bring back FFP!!!

feedback