'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Paul White (PF) removes Marquette from his list  (Read 12713 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Paul White (PF) removes Marquette from his list
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2013, 03:58:55 PM »

Except we didn't lose him.  We stopped recruiting him because we preferred someone else.  That is where willie's (and your) statement falls apart.

Did Buzz cool on him?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2013, 04:03:17 PM »

Did Buzz cool on him?
No, the Malek Harris committment filled MUs need

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2013, 04:04:47 PM »
Yeah lenny, except I never said that anything less than a 5 star center is unacceptable--but then you never do get it right. What I have said is that making excuses for never doing it is unacceptable, and never getting one is also unacceptable. You sure can be your judge as to what is insane. When somebody says something you do not agree with, then it is insane. Must be a lot of insanity in your world. Have a great day in that life.

Well looks like you said it now
Bring back FFP!!!

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2013, 05:11:13 PM »
Did Buzz cool on him?

It may sound a bit funny, but pretty sure the answer is yes. But he cooled on him months ago. White was on the back burner as the staff started to focus on Harris, and once Harris committed, White was a complete non-factor. I'd estimate MU changed course on White at least 3-4 months ago.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2013, 09:54:49 AM »
I agree, we should continue to focus on guards, and hope that every 10 years we land an unknown like Ox. No reason to go after bigs anyway.

Maybe time for another break?  Or at least a nice nap? I mean, it's pretty hard to be unhappy with Buzz's results even without bringing in the top ranked center every year.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 09:58:47 AM by TSmith34 »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2013, 10:12:56 AM »
Maybe time for another break?  Or at least a nice nap? I mean, it's pretty hard to be unhappy with Buzz's results even without bringing in the top ranked center every year.

Nah.  His schtick, though one note, is entertaining.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2013, 10:15:55 AM »
Yeah lenny, except I never said that anything less than a 5 star center is unacceptable--but then you never do get it right. What I have said is that making excuses for never doing it is unacceptable, and never getting one is also unacceptable. You sure can be your judge as to what is insane. When somebody says something you do not agree with, then it is insane. Must be a lot of insanity in your world. Have a great day in that life.

Willie,

I really think everybody here agrees that MU needs to recruit talented players at EVERY position, including center.

The divide comes when you continually use the word "unacceptable". Most people use that term when there is a consequence to the "unaccepted" behavior or item ( i.e.: This homework is unacceptable! You fail.).

I can't imagine that you are suggesting Buzz's job security rests upon his ability to recruit a 5-star center. That seems crazy given the performance MU has had the past handful of years.

Maybe a slight change in terminology to clarify your position would help?

Maybe "less than ideal", "subpar", or "suboptimal" instead of "UNACCEPTABLE".

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2013, 10:49:03 AM »

Did Buzz cool on him?
A couple of months ago it was posted that MU was likely to lose out to Arizona. Now neither Arizona or MU is in his fianl 6, which indicates he either changed what he wants or he is being replaced by other recruits.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2013, 01:24:12 PM »
Willie,

I really think everybody here agrees that MU needs to recruit talented players at EVERY position, including center.

The divide comes when you continually use the word "unacceptable". Most people use that term when there is a consequence to the "unaccepted" behavior or item ( i.e.: This homework is unacceptable! You fail.).

I can't imagine that you are suggesting Buzz's job security rests upon his ability to recruit a 5-star center. That seems crazy given the performance MU has had the past handful of years.

Maybe a slight change in terminology to clarify your position would help?

Maybe "less than ideal", "subpar", or "suboptimal" instead of "UNACCEPTABLE".
Yeah, you are right. Our inability to land a quality big every 10 years or so is "less than ideal". And the excuses that many offer for this inability really are not unacceptable. They are reasons. Saying both of those does make one feel a great deal better. After all, it is only college BB and not really important, like Fantasy Football. And besides MU has always been known as a Guard school, anyway. That is where we need to continue our focus, and then we can get back to the FF.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2013, 02:11:57 PM »
Yeah, you are right. Our inability to land a quality big every 10 years or so is "less than ideal". And the excuses that many offer for this inability really are not unacceptable. They are reasons. Saying both of those does make one feel a great deal better. After all, it is only college BB and not really important, like Fantasy Football. And besides MU has always been known as a Guard school, anyway. That is where we need to continue our focus, and then we can get back to the FF.

Perfect.

Now everybody can move on.

leever

• All American
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2013, 03:09:55 PM »
Perfect.

Now everybody can move on.

Yes, but does Crean still suck?

And when do we drop the Golden Chicken and get Warriors back?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 10:26:53 AM by leever »

feedback