collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2013 NFC North/NFL Thread  (Read 443817 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: 2013 NFC North/NFL Thread
« Reply #1225 on: November 24, 2013, 10:35:16 PM »
9 fumbles, a pick, punting a nightmare, kicking a crapshoot. Yeah, anytime you can have the best game played in crap conditions and have a championship determined by the weather, you gotta do it.

I get what you are saying, but it is compelling.  People are going to watch just to see what the weather will do.  Personally, I wish the game was not played in the weather conditions like that as I would rather a "third" factor doesn't play into the game.  That being said, both teams will have to deal with it.  Should be fun.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1226 on: November 24, 2013, 11:06:20 PM »
All football belongs indoors. NFL should mandate all new stadiums to have retractables. All current stadiums get 20 years to build a roof.

Only meatheads clamor for the game outside.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1227 on: November 24, 2013, 11:10:20 PM »
All football belongs indoors. NFL should mandate all new stadiums to have retractables. All current stadiums get 20 years to build a roof.

"Bear weather".

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1228 on: November 24, 2013, 11:54:21 PM »

Those of us here on the west coast will politely disagree.  It was 68 degrees here today, not a cloud in the sky.

I think the Super Bowl should be, but not the regular season and playoffs.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1229 on: November 25, 2013, 01:44:41 AM »
I think people are still drying off from the Bears, Colts superbowl in 2006.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1230 on: November 25, 2013, 06:37:00 AM »
So does every team in the NFC North not named the Vikings.

Right...but the Packers couldn't say that prior to yesterday.

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #1231 on: November 25, 2013, 06:49:00 AM »
McCarthy's decisions in OT were terrible. Trestman's second half red zone play calling was awful.

No one deserves to go to the playoffs, let alone host a game.

Ugh...the Bears D couldn't stop a high school offense right now.  And while the Bears offense is doing well you gotta keep Michael Bush on the bench...especially in short yardage situations, he's just terrible.  Yesterday was rough to watch.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1232 on: November 25, 2013, 07:18:57 AM »
Matt Flynn, returning to the party store that sold him his winning lottery ticket. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1233 on: November 25, 2013, 07:44:27 AM »
Matt Flynn, returning to the party store that sold him his winning lottery ticket. 

Should've been taking every snap since Rodgers got hurt.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #1234 on: November 25, 2013, 08:23:20 AM »

maybe they should mandate that all the players wear skirts and pantyhose as well.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1235 on: November 25, 2013, 08:29:00 AM »
maybe they should mandate that all the players wear skirts and pantyhose as well.

Typical.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1236 on: November 25, 2013, 08:31:26 AM »
Those of us here on the west coast will politely disagree.  It was 68 degrees here today, not a cloud in the sky.

I think the Super Bowl should be, but not the regular season and playoffs.

It's a work in process, but still shouldn't have to play in the rain either.

"Bear weather".

Take it easy over there Gas Money Bob. Cannot believe no one has gotten up in arms about the Frozen Tundra yet.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #1237 on: November 25, 2013, 08:40:52 AM »
Should've been taking every snap since Rodgers got hurt.

He wasn't on the Packers' roster when Rodgers got hurt.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #1238 on: November 25, 2013, 08:41:37 AM »
Ugh...the Bears D couldn't stop a high school offense right now.  And while the Bears offense is doing well you gotta keep Michael Bush on the bench...especially in short yardage situations, he's just terrible.  Yesterday was rough to watch.

As my dad put it yesterday...Michael Bush has definitely lost a step and he only had one to begin with.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #1239 on: November 25, 2013, 08:43:31 AM »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1240 on: November 25, 2013, 08:56:37 AM »
typical of what?

i think he was implying that was a typical meathead reaction

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #1241 on: November 25, 2013, 09:07:01 AM »
Typical.

I think you are over using the meatball term there buddy.  Maybe dial back on the Chicago sports radio. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make them a "meatball fan"

Playing in the elements is part of the fabric of the NFL and always has been. Both teams play in it. Personally, I don't like the sanitized brand of football played indoors on artificial turf. That doesn't make me a meatball fan. And no it has nothing to do with the packers playing at Lambeau. The Packers up until this year were more equipped to play indoors on artificial turf.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #1242 on: November 25, 2013, 09:31:05 AM »
As someone holding a Pack to win NFC North ticket, I'm still vested.

I hold a Packers to win the Superbowl ticket.  It was purchased approximately 47 minutes before A Rog broke his collarbone.

"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1243 on: November 25, 2013, 09:43:20 AM »
I think you are over using the meatball term there buddy.  Maybe dial back on the Chicago sports radio. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make them a "meatball fan"

Playing in the elements is part of the fabric of the NFL and always has been. Both teams play in it. Personally, I don't like the sanitized brand of football played indoors on artificial turf. That doesn't make me a meatball fan. And no it has nothing to do with the packers playing at Lambeau. The Packers up until this year were more equipped to play indoors on artificial turf.

I agree with this.  Football has historically been played outdoors in all sorts of weather.  It is part of the game.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1244 on: November 25, 2013, 10:19:42 AM »

I hold a Packers to win the Superbowl ticket.  It was purchased approximately 47 minutes before A Rog broke his collarbone.

I know this pain.  I just lost my over on season wins for the Packers yesterday with a TIE.

IT COULD NOT HAVE BEEN MORE DEPRESSING.  If they get to 10 wins I will be inconsolable.

only a warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #1245 on: November 25, 2013, 10:38:35 AM »

Take it easy over there Gas Money Bob. Cannot believe no one has gotten up in arms about the Frozen Tundra yet.

Was at the Packers game yesterday and the Tundra actually was frozen with a game time air temperature at 22 degrees and wind chill bringing it down to the teens and below by the time the game got done.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1246 on: November 25, 2013, 10:39:33 AM »
Is there any chance Rodgers plays Thursday?

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #1247 on: November 25, 2013, 10:43:36 AM »
Is there any chance Rodgers plays Thursday?

With yesterday's results I doubt it.....it technically bought them the ability to justify a Flynn start Thursday and bring Rodgers back "fully healthy" against Atlanta on December 8th.  I bet he could but they are going to be cautious.

Besides he doesn't matter as much now that the defense has turned into a dumpster fire.  I'm way more concerned if Sam Shields can play Thursday.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1248 on: November 25, 2013, 10:46:51 AM »
I think you are over using the meatball term there buddy.  Maybe dial back on the Chicago sports radio. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make them a "meatball fan"

Probably a good thing I using meathead instead of meatball.  ;D

Just because something has always been done a certain way doesn't mean it should be done that way. Indoor football isn't sanitized, it's maximizing the talent of your athletes and minimizing injury potential.

No team should have to create a roster or adjust their gameplan to account for the crappy Green Bay weather, or any inclement weather. There is no good reason why football should be played outside other than "FOOTBALL BELONGS OUTSIDE....DITKA...NITSCHKE...DERP" argument.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1249 on: November 25, 2013, 10:49:54 AM »
Was at the Packers game yesterday and the Tundra actually was frozen with a game time air temperature at 22 degrees and wind chill bringing it down to the teens and below by the time the game got done.

The field is never frozen and hasn't been for 40+ years.