collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2013 NFC North/NFL Thread  (Read 443867 times)

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
Re: 2013 NFC North/NFL Thread
« Reply #500 on: October 07, 2013, 11:08:26 AM »
I actually like Freeman's upside, and they are buying low...

BUT, I don't think he's suddenly going to rebound this season, so unless this somehow allows them to keep him for cheap next year, it's not a great move.

He could be a good player next year, or in the future... but I don't think this season is worth anything.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #501 on: October 07, 2013, 11:10:48 AM »

BUT, I don't think he's suddenly going to rebound this season, so unless this somehow allows them to keep him for cheap next year, it's not a great move.

He could be a good player next year, or in the future... but I don't think this season is worth anything.

I agree with this.

I also think Greg Shiano is pretty much a tool whose time in the NFL will be short.  He can then go back to college where being an absolute control freak works better.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #502 on: October 07, 2013, 11:21:48 AM »

Freeman wouldn't agree to a 2 year deal correct?  Gotta believe he has visions of playing elsewhere.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

GGGG

• All American

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #504 on: October 07, 2013, 11:29:22 AM »

Freeman is getting a 12-week tryout. AP's window is closing so the Vikings need a QB soon if they want to be a contender with AP. If Freeman can prove that he's significantly better than Ponder, he'll get a solid multi-year deal from the Vikings and be their "franchise" QB going into next season.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #505 on: October 07, 2013, 11:33:34 AM »
Freeman is getting a 12-week tryout. AP's window is closing so the Vikings need a QB soon if they want to be a contender with AP. If Freeman can prove that he's significantly better than Ponder, he'll get a solid multi-year deal from the Vikings and be their "franchise" QB going into next season.

Yea, I figure that's what they are thinking... but 3million isn't nothing.

Could pay off I suppose.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #506 on: October 07, 2013, 11:46:19 AM »

I agree with this.

I also think Greg Shiano is pretty much a tool whose time in the NFL will be short.  He can then go back to college where being an absolute control freak works better.

It's worth noting the Shiano was the HC at Rutgers previous to being the Bucs coach.  Given the shenanigans that have gone on there recently, one can't be surprised by his less than exemplary behavior.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #507 on: October 07, 2013, 11:48:56 AM »
Yea, I figure that's what they are thinking... but 3million isn't nothing.

Could pay off I suppose.

If they do view him as a potential franchise QB, they likely had to overpay a bit now to get in his good graces. Seems juvenile but sometimes you gotta play the game.

MarsupialMadness

• All American
« Reply #508 on: October 07, 2013, 01:17:08 PM »
If they do view him as a potential franchise QB, they likely had to overpay a bit now to get in his good graces. Seems juvenile but sometimes you gotta play the game.

Plus they may have had some competiton in the negotiations (OAK).

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #510 on: October 07, 2013, 02:05:17 PM »
Dominic Raiola is one classy dude.

http://tommeltonscouting.wordpress.com/2013/10/07/dominic-raiola-spews-hate-speech-at-wisconsin-band-members/

I don't condone it, but there is some exceptional irony here with the UW band and their antics over the years.  Something about chickens coming home to roost...

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #511 on: October 07, 2013, 02:05:36 PM »

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #512 on: October 07, 2013, 04:52:38 PM »
Matt Flynn, released.....how quickly they come down

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9787117/oakland-raiders-release-demoted-qb-matt-flynn

Seems like a pretty safe bet he will probably take over clip board duties from Seneca Wallace in the next day or two.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #513 on: October 07, 2013, 07:50:42 PM »
Seems like a pretty safe bet he will probably take over clip board duties from Seneca Wallace in the next day or two.

Agreed, but a few years ago he was the guy that was going to light the league on fire.

brandx

« Reply #514 on: October 07, 2013, 08:34:17 PM »
Agreed, but a few years ago he was the guy that was going to light the league on fire.

Just cuz a few GB fans thought that didn't make it so. When his own OC really showed no interest - most people should have seen this coming

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #515 on: October 07, 2013, 08:37:00 PM »

Sure. If I'm Green Bay, and he does in fact come back, I'm thrilled. You get a guy who knows the offense forward and  back, who seemingly is extremely comfortable in the roll, and cheap.

Certainly not what he envisioned, but probably not the worst thing in the world for Flynn either. He made a whole bunch of money, and now could potentially settle into a very comfortable living in a backup roll. Doug Peterson 2.0.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #516 on: October 07, 2013, 08:44:21 PM »
Just cuz a few GB fans thought that didn't make it so. When his own OC really showed no interest - most people should have seen this coming

Well, considering that Seattle's GM who signed him came directly from Green Bay's front office, obviously it wasn't just a few GB fans. Doesn't mean he made the right decision, but looking at that team now, reasonable to conclude he has some idea what he's doing.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #517 on: October 07, 2013, 09:04:17 PM »
Backs against the wall, at home, against crap team, and the Falcons are dreadful. Mike Smith is a terrible, terrible coach. Why waste those ten seconds? That run had no chance too, terrible.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #518 on: October 07, 2013, 10:28:48 PM »

This makes no sense.  At all.  Packer fans don't sign players.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #519 on: October 07, 2013, 10:31:17 PM »
Backs against the wall, at home, against crap team, and the Falcons are dreadful. Mike Smith is a terrible, terrible coach. Why waste those ten seconds? That run had no chance too, terrible.

Have never and will never be a believer in the Falcons.  Loved going in there and throttling them on the road to the Super Bowl.  No doubt in my mind we were winning that game going into it.

I feel like the Texans are the same.  May look incredible some seasons, but will not get it done in the Playoffs the way they are built.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #520 on: October 07, 2013, 10:36:32 PM »
As a football fan, that game drove me insane. I can not stand Mike Smith, what an awful coaching job.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #521 on: October 07, 2013, 10:54:49 PM »
Great story lines developing for the Vikings. Will be an enjoyable regular season, but anxious to see how well we do once in the playoffs. SKOL VIKINGS!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #522 on: October 08, 2013, 12:36:18 AM »
Great story lines developing for the Vikings. Will be an enjoyable regular season, but anxious to see how well we do once in the playoffs. SKOL VIKINGS!

You thinking 10 years ahead? With AP gone (then again, with whatever he's on you never know...) they won't be in the Playoffs then, either.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #523 on: October 08, 2013, 12:37:50 AM »

Wasn't he signed rather quickly by Seattle....not exactly a "few GB fans"

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #524 on: October 08, 2013, 12:59:20 AM »
Just saw that clay is out a month at least. How big a loss is that? As in, will there be much of a pass rush without him?

feedback