[Today at 04:49:35 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Shooter McGavin
[June 14, 2024, 11:05:04 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by mug644
[June 14, 2024, 11:02:51 PM]

2024-25 Roster by El Guerrero 2
[June 14, 2024, 10:37:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Chris Otule Reviews Marquette Restaurants  (Read 30656 times)

Groin_pull

• All American
Re: Chris Otule Reviews Marquette Restaurants
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2013, 06:48:12 PM »
I seem to remember eating quite a bit at the long gone Rocky Rococo's on Wells.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2013, 06:53:16 PM »
I thought you tipped it at 250#??

I guess I didn't fit you guys' Marquette Girl stereotype.
Have some patience, FFS.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2013, 06:58:18 PM »
Aaah, just borrow a warthog and make sure there's lots of refueling tankers along the way. You can put the hog down somewhere near the union... should work.

Honestly, there isn't a restaurant in the group I'd eat in today. If I am going to block my arteries, it isn't going to be over a grease filled bowl of beans, a submarine that had enough oil in it to allow the U.S.S. Nautulis to sail  or some greasy gyro, hot dog, pizza or other snack food so bad not even my cocker spaniel would eat it.

Let the record reflect that Angelos was the worst pizza known to mankind. The pitchers were relatively cheap and the decor was classic dark alley. You ate there because Sagarriha was particularly bad in a given night (probably because they were serving that infamous Saga special, el Rauncho), it was -20 outside and the nearest restaurant worth eating in was in Waukesha County.

Since Mom and Dad lived in Tennessee, going home for a home cooked meal was expensive and time consuming.

The Newtonian Physics of unpressurized cockpits is that stuff in your gut expands greatly as you pass through atmospheres of decreasing pressure and certain foods can accelerate and exacerbate that effect... I am surprised that the UN has not addressed this aspect of chemical and biological warfare.

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2013, 07:00:08 PM »

I married a Marquette Girl!!

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2013, 07:00:52 PM »
I don't care as long as I can get my chiliburger and Oreo shake. Between that and the drinking, it's a miracle I didn't leave campus weighing 200 pounds.

So did you do the freshman 15 or the freshman 40?   ;)

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2013, 07:10:13 PM »

Death on call

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2013, 07:28:04 PM »
Milt's - 13th and Wisconsin.  Dreadful.  Anybody else remember it?
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2013, 07:39:35 PM »
What about Charco?  Did anyone ever actually buy food there?  There were never any customers in it.  I assumed they were laundering money.
Have some patience, FFS.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2013, 07:54:54 PM »
Early 90's addition missing Guiliano's (sp) ?   Disappointing!
Yes.  Somehow after a night of drinking I gravitated to that place for a slice like a bug gravitates to a lightbulb.

Is Pizza Shuttle still around?

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2013, 08:54:05 PM »
Pizza Sh*ttle!

BTW, Chris DID pay for his food...right?

"Real Chili's been around since 1931...and we've grown...now we have TWO restaurants."
LOL
SS Marquette

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2013, 08:55:42 PM »
Try visiting campus once in awhile for chrissakes.  It's pretty cool.

But they do need to bring back Wales on Wells. That place was the bomb.

The guy who ran Wales on Wells lived across the street from me.  Left for Texas about 4 years ago, the bank foreclosed on their home.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2013, 09:41:59 PM »
Is Pizza Shuttle still around?

Not only still around, they now deliver until 3am 5 nights a week, 4am on Friday and Saturday!

We used to get a special delivered to the dorms at least once a week.. I think it was 3 small one-topping pizzas for 9 bucks.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2013, 09:45:30 PM »
Best late night spot early/mid 80's (other than Real Chili, of course):  Amigos.  Preferred poison:  Chimichanga and a plate of nachos with a pitcher.  Worst visual: Farley placing his manhood on a plate of someone else's nachos and, when the upset patron got up and left, finishing the nachos that she was nice enough to leave behind.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2013, 10:13:45 PM »
Pizza Sh*ttle!

BTW, Chris DID pay for his food...right?

"Real Chili's been around since 1931...and we've grown...now we have TWO restaurants."
LOL

What's funny is that in the early 80's Real Chili expanded around Milwaukee with stores beyond the MU/downtown area. I think they had 8 stores at one point. Sustainable growth problem, perhaps?

Death on call

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2013, 11:19:55 PM »
What about Charco?  Did anyone ever actually buy food there?  There were never any customers in it.  I assumed they were laundering money.

There was a bridal shop at 8th and Wisconsin where the stuff was so terrible we wondered the same thing. My wife would walk by it and uniformly yell, "yick."
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 12:17:40 PM by dgies9156 »

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2013, 01:25:47 AM »
There was a bridal shop at 8th and Wisconsin where the stuff was so terrible we wondered the same thing. My wife would walk by it and uniformly yell, "tick"

This needs French subtitles at the bottom of the screen!

Death on call

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2013, 07:19:57 AM »
Jack straws at the Black Spider - ate there almost every night one summer in MKE and got stretch marks on my thighs.
Hoy Ping - on Wells near the 'Lanche - the lady used to feed me toward the end of the month when I was out of money.
Both long gone.
And you're right - they're trying to make it look like a campus. It looks nice, actually, but I kind of miss the old city look.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2013, 07:54:14 AM »
I'm guessing your drive from Barrington is a little easier than mine has been from Kandahar??

Seriously, Milwaukee has just been off the radar for many years. My wife had more reason to go back to the Midwest and visited MU often. I do need to get back, though. I look at scenes of the campus today and am amazed that it now looks like just that, a campus.

I can't imagine what it would look like to you.  I graduated in '04 just as some of the 'beautification' was starting, and the Denist school had just been finished.

Driving through there now is absolutely different.  The ugly white light globes on the light posts are gone; you can't run across Wisconsin Ave anymore, and there aren't anymore plastic MU obelisks.  Plus the old 1212 building is gone, there are two new parking ramps, and the AL was finished I think in '02.  No Hegs, 'blos (angelos), harp and shammy, glock... even the building that the 'lanche used to be in was dozed in '00.  So much changed while I was there, and since that I can not fathom how much has changed since you were last in Milwaukee.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2013, 08:57:53 AM »
I can't imagine what it would look like to you.  I graduated in '04 just as some of the 'beautification' was starting, and the Denist school had just been finished.

Driving through there now is absolutely different.  The ugly white light globes on the light posts are gone; you can't run across Wisconsin Ave anymore, and there aren't anymore plastic MU obelisks.  Plus the old 1212 building is gone, there are two new parking ramps, and the AL was finished I think in '02.  No Hegs, 'blos (angelos), harp and shammy, glock... even the building that the 'lanche used to be in was dozed in '00.  So much changed while I was there, and since that I can not fathom how much has changed since you were last in Milwaukee.

Harp and sham is still there, I believe.
Have some patience, FFS.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2013, 09:24:10 AM »
Early 90's addition missing Guiliano's (sp) ?   Disappointing!

Yeah, missed that one.  The only place where you can get a slice and a beer served by at 12 year old. 

All in all, their pizza wasn't bad.  But no Pizza Man. 
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2013, 10:31:49 AM »
BTW, I was up in Milwaukee a couple weeks ago for Summerfest and saw that O'Hara Hall is being razed too.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2013, 10:34:07 AM »
The guy who ran Wales on Wells lived across the street from me.  Left for Texas about 4 years ago, the bank foreclosed on their home.

Double cheddarburger...fried mushrooms...strawberry shake.  (I wish I could still eat like that...)

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2013, 11:36:42 AM »
What was the place that was owned by Ziggys Brother?  It was on Wells and 15th closed in 2001, anyone remember

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2013, 11:38:54 AM »
Just remembered, it was called Louise D's

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2013, 11:44:45 AM »
Best late night spot early/mid 80's (other than Real Chili, of course):  Amigos.  Preferred poison:  Chimichanga and a plate of nachos with a pitcher.  Worst visual: Farley placing his manhood on a plate of someone else's nachos and, when the upset patron got up and left, finishing the nachos that she was nice enough to leave behind.

Amigos Chimichanga was so good I would even eat sober.  I also witnessed him ask to taste a couple's nachos and they refused so he took their pitcher of beer went into the bathroom and took a crap in the pitcher and brought it back to their table slammed it down and said thanks for nothing.  The look in their eyes was priceless.

feedback