Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Early Non-Con schedule  (Read 44486 times)

muwarrior97

• All American
  • CALVACADE OF BRICKS
Re: Early Non-Con schedule
« Reply #125 on: August 06, 2013, 08:00:55 PM »
Marq hoopers coming to Cali in November and Vegas in December, good opportunity for the West Coast alums to get out and see some hoops, looking forward to the short roadies from NorCal
#RGV #ReturnTheWarriorMindset

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #126 on: August 06, 2013, 08:02:29 PM »
Where is UW-Milwaukee...I so want to play them again

The impression I got after the UWGB loss is that we likely won't see either of them on the schedule any time soon.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #127 on: August 06, 2013, 08:21:03 PM »
The impression I got after the UWGB loss is that we likely won't see either of them on the schedule any time soon.
With the loss of ND, L'ville, UC, Uconn, Syracuse & Pitt, MU can't give up home games to be playing at any mid-major. They will be doing H/H's with power schools.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #128 on: August 06, 2013, 08:27:40 PM »

Good.  ;D

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #129 on: August 06, 2013, 10:24:07 PM »
Where is UW-Milwaukee...I so want to play them again

Marquette is always going against the best interests of college basketball in the state of Wisconsin. Why is Buzz so afraid?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #130 on: August 07, 2013, 12:33:25 AM »
Nov. 16 vs Ohio State will be a day game. Bucks play at the BC at night. Game might fall down to FS2 for the game.

We could move the game to prime time if we played the game on a boat
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #131 on: August 07, 2013, 12:57:41 AM »
Marquette is always going against the best interests of college basketball in the state of Wisconsin. Why is Buzz so afraid?

I don't think we should play UW-Milwaukee.  I thought Crean made a big mistake signing up for that series to play again.  It's been beaten to death, does us little good to play it in my opinion.  Others see it differently.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #132 on: August 07, 2013, 06:35:21 AM »
Quote from: Marquette Basketball
@MarquetteMBB: Rare opportunity during #mubb conference schedule should be announced this week.

Not sure what this is about...maybe a high profile non-con game to be added to the conference portion of the schedule? Possibly replacing one of the buy games?

muguru

• All American
« Reply #133 on: August 07, 2013, 07:57:59 AM »
Not sure what this is about...maybe a high profile non-con game to be added to the conference portion of the schedule? Possibly replacing one of the buy games?

I think everyone might be getting their hopes up here. It could be something lame like 3 consecutive home conference games, a couple of Saturday night conferences games in a row...both of those would meet the "rare opportunity" criteria. Is it any coincedence that this tweet came out the same day the Bucks released their schedule?? MU knowing what days/times the Bucks had at home, could have simply and quickly scheduled some Saturday night games, specifically in January when there are three open Saturday nights.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #134 on: August 07, 2013, 08:33:44 AM »
I can't wait to find out what it is!

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #135 on: August 07, 2013, 08:52:35 AM »

Maybe it's because the State of Wisconsin has no concern for the interests of Marquette basketball.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #136 on: August 07, 2013, 08:59:19 AM »
I don't think we should play UW-Milwaukee.  I thought Crean made a big mistake signing up for that series to play again.  It's been beaten to death, does us little good to play it in my opinion.  Others see it differently.
Agreed---Load up with the big boys even if on the road.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #137 on: August 07, 2013, 10:48:45 AM »
Agreed---Load up with the big boys even if on the road.

You're always going to have buy games. It's stupid to think or suggest otherwise. But the Milwaukee and Green Bay games are more of a no-win situation. Win and at best you were supposed to anyway and at worst you are a bully beating up on the weaker local teams. Lose and you are a laughing stock and hear about it for years. If we played UIC, Valpo, or any other weak sister type school, you wouldn't see the same stigma attached to the games.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #138 on: August 07, 2013, 11:19:06 AM »
You're always going to have buy games. It's stupid to think or suggest otherwise. But the Milwaukee and Green Bay games are more of a no-win situation. Win and at best you were supposed to anyway and at worst you are a bully beating up on the weaker local teams. Lose and you are a laughing stock and hear about it for years. If we played UIC, Valpo, or any other weak sister type school, you wouldn't see the same stigma attached to the games.

We were a Dominic James buzzer beater away from getting embarassed by Valpo.

hoyasincebirth

• Team Captain
« Reply #139 on: August 07, 2013, 12:14:10 PM »
St. John's vs. Marquette on February 1st in the garden as part of a tripple header.

Next Game Georgetown vs. Michigan St followed by

Knicks vs. Miami Heat.

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #140 on: August 07, 2013, 02:02:54 PM »
So, MU is playing at road game at MGS versus St. John's, followed by G'town & Michigan State. Plus, the NBA game at night has nothing to do with the two college games.   ::)

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #141 on: August 07, 2013, 02:17:08 PM »
So, MU is playing at road game at MGS versus St. John's, followed by G'town & Michigan State. Plus, the NBA game at night has nothing to do with the two college games.   ::)

MU is playing in New York on Super Bowl Saturday.  I like that.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #142 on: August 07, 2013, 02:51:12 PM »
MU is playing in New York on Super Bowl Saturday.  I like that.
The coverage of the game will be greater due to the triple- header.   Attendance...?

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #143 on: August 07, 2013, 03:50:21 PM »
It's really not a tripleheader. You will need two different tickets for the event.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #144 on: August 07, 2013, 04:17:10 PM »
So will I need a tablet or a laptop to watch this game on the plane to Montego Bay Feb. 1?  8-)

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #145 on: August 07, 2013, 04:37:37 PM »

And if we had, no one in the state of Wisconsin would remember it a year later, much less the eternity that a loss to Milwaukee or Green Bay would (will) last. When was the last time you heard anyone talking about the North Dakota State game?

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #146 on: August 07, 2013, 04:41:54 PM »
And if we had, no one in the state of Wisconsin would remember it a year later, much less the eternity that a loss to Milwaukee or Green Bay would (will) last. When was the last time you heard anyone talking about the North Dakota State game?

We lost to UWGB (at home!) in the '94 (Sweet 16) and '95 (NIT Runner Up) seasons.  I don't think anyone remembers those years as years we lost to UWGB.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #147 on: August 07, 2013, 05:55:27 PM »
As iI remember it James scored 17 points in a row.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #148 on: August 07, 2013, 07:21:49 PM »
MU fans will have a hard time understanding that the home schedule will be nothing compared to what it once was.  The new Big East has GTown and Villy, the rest is nothing, add the bad
home games in Nov. and Dec. and you the fans will be getting ripped off.  Losing Pitt, Louey, ND, Syracuse are big time games that will be missed.

I understand the need for buy games. Every team does it. I agree completely on the games we lose as a result of NBE.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #149 on: August 08, 2013, 09:37:30 AM »
MU fans will have a hard time understanding that the home schedule will be nothing compared to what it once was.  The new Big East has GTown and Villy, the rest is nothing, add the bad
home games in Nov. and Dec. and you the fans will be getting ripped off.  Losing Pitt, Louey, ND, Syracuse are big time games that will be missed.

It'll lack the traditional major powers coming in.  But I think you underestimate how quickly people will develop emotional rivalries with some of the new schools.  I mean most people that I know had XU or Creighton or Butler on their short list before landing at Marquette and because the schools are so similar rivalries will develop and make the games big. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

feedback