'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Mayo agrees to 3-year, $24 million deal with Bucks  (Read 3030 times)

We R Final Four

• All American
Mayo agrees to 3-year, $24 million deal with Bucks
« on: July 05, 2013, 09:22:43 PM »
Done deal.  Now we can start building that new arena. :)

Atticus

• All American
Re: Mayo agrees to 3-year, $24 million deal with Bucks
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 09:31:15 PM »
LOL...only the Bucks.

I attend 1-2 Admirals games a year. I havent attended a Bucks game in about a decade. With that said, I would be more disappointed if the Admirals left town than the Bucks.

What an awful signing. Is Michael Redd still around? Maybe the Bucks can throw a max deal at him again...  ?-(

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 10:00:44 PM »
Without signin' someone, their backcourt on openin' night could've been Wolters and Ish. Still don't understand their move at the last trade deadline. Essentially, the Bucks gave Tobias Harris away for a couple of second round draft choices.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 10:36:29 PM »
LOL...only the Bucks.

I attend 1-2 Admirals games a year. I havent attended a Bucks game in about a decade. With that said, I would be more disappointed if the Admirals left town than the Bucks.

What an awful signing. Is Michael Redd still around? Maybe the Bucks can throw a max deal at him again...  ?-(

I don't know man.  I disagree.  I expected a lot worse from the Bucks on this one but I don't think it's a bad move considering Ellis is gone and who knows about Jennings.  They need a scoring guard even if they lose one of the two, especially Ellis.  Mayo could still turn things around.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 10:47:25 PM »
Hopefully, OJ will draw upon his own deep academic success to guide and mentor Todd.

Death on call

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 10:49:11 PM »
Hopefully, OJ will draw upon his own deep academic success to guide and mentor Todd.

He just signed for $24 million. How about you?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 10:50:50 PM by Groin_pull »

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 11:07:15 PM »

Even in the best years I fell far short of the $8 million hurdle. But it's a matter of degree, really. I do not wonder where my next meal will come from. Nor will our grandchildren.

Death on call

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 11:23:54 PM »
I have no idea what this means.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2013, 11:33:53 PM »
I have no idea what this means.

The Crank Yanker is trying to make a belittling comparison of net wealth. One should always assess who has the higher ground before commencing a urinary stream tournament.

Death on call

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2013, 09:38:36 AM »
LOL...only the Bucks.

What an awful signing. Is Michael Redd still around? Maybe the Bucks can throw a max deal at him again...  ?-(

It is an absolutely reasonable contract.  $8 million a year for only 3 years is pretty good in this day and age.  Imagine is Monta Ellis had exercised his player option and taken $11 million from the Bucks this year.  The Bucks aren't expecting OJ to be a star... sadly $8 million is just an average contract these days in the NBA.

At best the Bucks took a risk on a guy that can put up points and they can trade him away at the deadline to a contender for some picks next year.  At worst they are saddled with a contract they can easily afford that isn't very long... for a position that they needed to fill.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2013, 11:00:33 AM »
LOL...only the Bucks.

Spurs just signed Splitter for 4 years and 36 million. OJ is worth 8 million....sadly. Something tells me Todd's schoolwork won't improve with his brother in town.

MU86NC

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2013, 12:39:29 PM »

Maybe not academic success but maybe Basketball success.  Having your big bro playing in the same gym can't hurt....

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2013, 02:43:05 PM »
Maybe not academic success but maybe Basketball success.  Having your big bro playing in the same gym can't hurt....

Agree....or at games.  I wonder if 16 and 17 year old high school recruits who are sitting behind the MU bench and close to OJ (and other Bucks that he brings around to games)like that kind of thing?