2025 Bracketology by MarquetteMike1977
[Today at 12:57:10 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Lennys Tap
[June 02, 2024, 09:43:52 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by Skatastrophy
[June 02, 2024, 08:27:35 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 02, 2024, 09:27:42 AM]

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by MUbiz
[June 01, 2024, 11:08:53 AM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Great Place for a Fishing/Camping Bachelor Party in Wisconsin  (Read 17095 times)

JoBo2756

• Team Captain
Total Superbar topic.

My brother is getting married in September and I'm trying to find a good spot for him and his buddies to go camping/fishing/rafting in Wisconsin. We are from Illinois, so places closer to this side of the State are preferred.

Does anyone have any suggestions? It's got to be a good place where we can have a good time without worrying about getting kicked off the campsite.

Let me know if you have any thoughts.

I appreciate it!

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
Re: Great Place for a Fishing/Camping Bachelor Party in Wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 12:02:05 AM »
I think there is a Gentlemen's Club right on the border.

Death on call

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 06:19:32 AM »
Total Superbar topic.

My brother is getting married in September and I'm trying to find a good spot for him and his buddies to go camping/fishing/rafting in Wisconsin. We are from Illinois, so places closer to this side of the State are preferred.

Does anyone have any suggestions? It's got to be a good place where we can have a good time without worrying about getting kicked off the campsite.

Let me know if you have any thoughts.

I appreciate it!

http://www.thorntonsresort.com/index.html

http://www.wildmanranch.com/adventures-Peshtigo.php

It's not in the southern part of the state, but you aren't going to get any good rafting there anyway.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 06:42:53 AM »
Consider the Apple River.  This won't meet your criteria for location, but you will find great tubing, golf, fishing, fly fishing, and an assortment of "clubs" in Sommerset.  Tons of well maintained campgrounds.  You are also a stones throw from Stillwater and the St. Croix River National Scenic Waterway.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 06:57:19 AM by real chili 83 »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 07:58:51 AM »
no rafting but check out Scharenburg's White Lake resort in Montello.  absolute craphole, but there are no rules, a good beach, cheap cabins that are basically camping quality and they have pontoons for rent. 

plus the shuttle from the Foxtail is always willing to make a run to do pickup.  If you go, tell Destiny that ZFB sends his regards.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 09:06:56 AM »
Wisconsin River around Mazomanie?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 10:05:10 AM »
I think there is a Gentlemen's Club right on the border.

Mars Cheese Castle? 

:D

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2013, 10:16:04 AM »
Is the Lochness still open? Strangest strip bar I've ever been in, make sure you bring a flashlight although they will sell you one if you forget.

Consider the Apple River.  This won't meet your criteria for location, but you will find great tubing, golf, fishing, fly fishing, and an assortment of "clubs" in Sommerset.  Tons of well maintained campgrounds.  You are also a stones throw from Stillwater and the St. Croix River National Scenic Waterway.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2013, 10:54:56 AM »
Is the Lochness still open? Strangest strip bar I've ever been in, make sure you bring a flashlight although they will sell you one if you forget.

Yes, it is one of the absolute strangest places on earth.  Last time I drove by it, it was closed and had a for sale sign in front.

Plenty of trouble to get into at Sommerset.  Also, across the river in Stillwater, one can find a wide selection of trouble at PD Pappy's.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2013, 10:58:30 AM »
I used to drive up to the Wolf River above Warbonnet in the Menomonie. Good fly fishin,camping and rafting. Don't know if things have changed but good memories. Wild country and plenty of(real) wild life.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2013, 11:50:57 AM »

Death on call

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2013, 11:53:40 AM »

PTM and his family frequently drove up from the NW suburbs for many fond weekends when he was a kid.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2013, 12:27:35 PM »
PTM and his family frequently drove up from the NW suburbs for many fond weekends when he was a kid.
Gotta meet you for a beer sometime.

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2013, 05:01:19 PM »
The Brat Stop

Was there once about 10-12 years ago.  Spent the night in Kenosha before going to a game at Soldier Field with some Bear fan friends.  Had a great time.  Had a few drinks.  Witnessed a murder in the parking lot and haven't been back. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2013, 06:43:20 PM »
no rafting but check out Scharenburg's White Lake resort in Montello.  absolute craphole, but there are no rules, a good beach, cheap cabins that are basically camping quality and they have pontoons for rent. 

plus the shuttle from the Foxtail is always willing to make a run to do pickup.  If you go, tell Destiny that ZFB sends his regards.

Destiny said your check bounced, Bro. Better make it good or Jerome's comin' to yo crib to personally collect the debt.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2013, 09:30:49 PM »

Destiny said your check bounced, Bro. Better make it good or Jerome's comin' to yo crib to personally collect the debt.

Not Destiny, Divine.  damn.  getting my entertainers mixed up.  Divine is a white broad with tiger paw tats.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2013, 09:36:30 PM »
Was there once about 10-12 years ago.  Spent the night in Kenosha before going to a game at Soldier Field with some Bear fan friends.  Had a great time.  Had a few drinks.  Witnessed a murder in the parking lot and haven't been back. 

That happens a lot. Guys have one brat too many and all hell breaks loose.

I always saw the Brat Stop and Mars Cheese Castle signs but never stopped. I always wondered about the University of Lawsonomy.

We were drinking and shooting pool in the Camel Club on 14th & State when an argument between locals was settled with gunfire. As the shots roared over Al Green's mournful laments we took cover behind the pool table then tactically repositioned ourselves through the back door. Two people were wounded, one badly, but there were no KIAs. We gave an after action report to the Milwaukee cops who were surprised we hung out there and advised us from then on to give the Camel a miss. We did for a while but the lure of cheap beer and the possibility of danger drew us back like bees to honey. Unfortunately, there was never again an incident involving deadly force.

Death on call

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2013, 01:29:35 PM »
Consider the Apple River.  This won't meet your criteria for location, but you will find great tubing, golf, fishing, fly fishing, and an assortment of "clubs" in Sommerset.  Tons of well maintained campgrounds.  You are also a stones throw from Stillwater and the St. Croix River National Scenic Waterway.

Ahh the Apple River....they even rent you a tube for your keg.  Lot's of topless girls tubing.  I go with JayBee and he rates the topless girls and not one of them has ever been over a 6.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 01:34:08 PM by SaintPaulWarrior »

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2013, 02:34:43 PM »
Ahh the Apple River....they even rent you a tube for your keg.  Lot's of topless girls tubing.  I go with JayBee and he rates the topless girls and not one of them has ever been over a 6.

Is that you in the avatar? Looks like you still have the Apple River inner tube!

Death on call

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2013, 03:21:06 PM »
Not me at all.....Randy from "The Trailer Park Boys".   Great comedy. 

Marquette Gyros

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2013, 05:00:06 PM »

Not just any murder... Justifiable homicide...
http://chippewa.com/death-of-motorcycle-club-member-ruled-justifiable-homicide/article_ed2a483a-6602-50dc-9d07-ca9a12980c92.html

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2013, 05:14:42 PM »
Not just any murder... Justifiable homicide...
http://chippewa.com/death-of-motorcycle-club-member-ruled-justifiable-homicide/article_ed2a483a-6602-50dc-9d07-ca9a12980c92.html

Skitch was a witness to history. What a ridiculous encounter. I noted the stranglers rode in a limo to the Brat Stop. Must be a classy joint. Sounds like the perfect place to get a bachelor party ignited.

Death on call

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2013, 07:34:37 PM »

Anyone know if Mazo beach is open during the week, or did the "Insane Amount Of Sex, Drugs" do them in for good?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/19/wis-limits-use-of-nude-be_n_2909527.html

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2013, 08:00:43 PM »
Anyone know if Mazo beach is open during the week, or did the "Insane Amount Of Sex, Drugs" do them in for good?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/19/wis-limits-use-of-nude-be_n_2909527.html

How the hell does he describe this on his CV??

Bob Morton, executive director of the Austin, Tex.-based Naturist Action Committee

Death on call

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2013, 08:08:39 PM »
How the hell does he describe this on his CV??

Bob Morton, executive director of the Austin, Tex.-based Naturist Action Committee

Good looking guy.  Board member Dick Springer is well named.

http://naturistaction.org/Board_Members/board_members.html