collapse

* Recent Posts

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by Skatastrophy
[Today at 08:27:35 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by brewcity77
[Today at 04:47:43 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 09:27:42 AM]

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by MUbiz
[June 01, 2024, 11:08:53 AM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[May 31, 2024, 11:41:21 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Ochocinco  (Read 9730 times)

Coleman

• All American
Ochocinco
« on: June 11, 2013, 08:49:56 AM »

MerrittsMustache

• All American
Re: Ochocinco
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 09:07:51 AM »

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 09:09:34 AM »
So stupid.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 09:55:30 AM »
He's a goof but that judge is wound a little tight.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 09:59:09 AM »
I just love the guard

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 10:10:55 AM »

It's doubtful he stays in jail for the full 30 days. More likely that the judge will release him in under a week and hope he learned his lesson - wear a suit, act contrite and don't screw around.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 01:14:08 PM »
Mark Grace just got out of one of Sheriff Joe's tent cities in AZ for a DUI conviction.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 01:16:58 PM »

No, that judge is 100% correct. You're in a courtroom....show some respect and act like an adult. I know 99.9% of pro jocks believe the world revolves around them...but that ain't the case this time.

Enjoy your 30 days, dumb shi*.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2013, 01:20:58 PM »
Got probation for headbutting a woman and was in court for failing to meet his PO.

Pats his lawyer on the ass and that gets him 30 days.

Butt pat > Headbutt woman

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2013, 02:41:25 PM »
Got probation for headbutting a woman and was in court for failing to meet his PO.

Pats his lawyer on the ass and that gets him 30 days.

Butt pat > Headbutt woman

Your logic is quite the stretch... I would be interested in hearing what the 'woman' had to say (or didn't say) during his trial before I jump to any conclusions on the original sentence.

Though just like the NFL, even though the judge erred on the original call, at least she got it right upon review.  Too bad for Ocho that he was the one who threw the red flag.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2013, 02:49:47 PM »
No, that judge is 100% correct. You're in a courtroom....show some respect and act like an adult. I know 99.9% of pro jocks believe the world revolves around them...but that ain't the case this time.

Enjoy your 30 days, dumb shi*.

I am no lawyer, but aren't judges suppose to use the law to inform sentencing?  It sounds like she did, then CJ did something dumb, and disrespectful, and that changed her mind, not what he actually plead too.  So in actuality, he got 30 days in jail for being an idiot, not for pleading to assault.  That ain't right in my book.  He apologized, and if you listen fully, I think he truly was sorry and didn't smack his lawyer to show up the judge or anything.  Again, I am not in his head, or in hers. 

Read some folks are trying to compare him this to this girl, http://gawker.com/5981834/teen-sentenced-to-30-days-in-jail-after-flipping-off-judge-during-bond-hearing  Flipping off a judge, cursing, completely aloof, not sorry...think they are completely different.

CJ is still an idiot, and should be given a sentence for what he did and/or pled too, not for a moment of infancy/idiocy with his lawyer.

Ant

• Walk-On
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2013, 03:22:01 PM »
I am no lawyer, but aren't judges suppose to use the law to inform sentencing?  It sounds like she did, then CJ did something dumb, and disrespectful, and that changed her mind, not what he actually plead too.  So in actuality, he got 30 days in jail for being an idiot, not for pleading to assault.  That ain't right in my book.  He apologized, and if you listen fully, I think he truly was sorry and didn't smack his lawyer to show up the judge or anything.  Again, I am not in his head, or in hers. 

Read some folks are trying to compare him this to this girl, http://gawker.com/5981834/teen-sentenced-to-30-days-in-jail-after-flipping-off-judge-during-bond-hearing  Flipping off a judge, cursing, completely aloof, not sorry...think they are completely different.

CJ is still an idiot, and should be given a sentence for what he did and/or pled too, not for a moment of infancy/idiocy with his lawyer.

I think she would be able to give him time for being in contempt of court if she had to justify it. Sometimes you have to know when to just stand there and do as your told and this is apparently one of those times.

Doubt he will serve much of the sentence though.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2013, 04:01:10 PM »

I'm tired of people thinking a quick apology wipes the slate clean. Too bad. It's about time more people started paying the price for their stupid actions. An apology doesn't automatically make everything right. Now that moron has 30 days to think about it. Bet he doesn't do it again.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2013, 04:28:42 PM »
I really dont see the problem with the butt tap. I just dont. If she was sending him to jail for the plea fine, but I dont think the butt tap was rude.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2013, 04:47:20 PM »
I really dont see the problem with the butt tap. I just dont. If she was sending him to jail for the plea fine, but I dont think the butt tap was rude.

Sadly, you're not alone. I must be a dinosaur. I strongly feel that idiotic behavior has no business in a courtroom.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2013, 04:59:40 PM »
I'm tired of people thinking a quick apology wipes the slate clean. Too bad. It's about time more people started paying the price for their stupid actions. An apology doesn't automatically make everything right. Now that moron has 30 days to think about it. Bet he doesn't do it again.

I don't know that we need to use 30 days of tax payer money to prove that point.

Couldn't she just fine him? Or give him 2 nights in jail?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2013, 08:59:38 PM »
I don't know that we need to use 30 days of tax payer money to prove that point.

Couldn't she just fine him? Or give him 2 nights in jail?

I agree. Idiotic behavior by Ochocinco, even more idiotic behavior by the judge.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2013, 09:05:57 PM »
I agree. Idiotic behavior by Ochocinco, even more idiotic behavior by the judge.

100% correct. A little power is a terrible thing.

Death on call

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2013, 08:08:57 AM »
My guess is the judge wanted her 15 minutes of fame, perhaps a re-election is in her near future and she thought this would resonate with her constituents

Strokin 3s

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2013, 09:01:16 AM »
I'm 30, I agree with groin pull though.  And I don't have a problem with "using taxpayer money" to pay for his 30 days in jail.  Look at how much coverage this has gotten.  You think anyone else is gonna slap their lawyer on the ass in a courtroom? 

P.S. not to get political, but I would not ascribe myself as someone who is normally ok with with using taxpayer money, however, i think the benefit of informing a populous of reasonable, professional behavior makes sense here.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2013, 09:06:57 AM »
I'm 30, I agree with groin pull though.  And I don't have a problem with "using taxpayer money" to pay for his 30 days in jail.  Look at how much coverage this has gotten.  You think anyone else is gonna slap their lawyer on the ass in a courtroom? 

P.S. not to get political, but I would not ascribe myself as someone who is normally ok with with using taxpayer money, however, i think the benefit of informing a populous of reasonable, professional behavior makes sense here.

I'm not a lawyer, and I've spent ZERO time in a courtroom.

So, honest question:

Are courtroom antics so out of control that they need to make an example out of chad johnson to prevent future issues with other defendants?

If it's really a problem, then I guess I'm cool with the additional cost of housing CJ, and/or the additional plea bargain.

If it's not a big problem, then again, I'll say that this is a waste of resources.

Strokin 3s

• Team Captain
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2013, 09:17:57 AM »
Not a lawyer either, and my honest answer is just a little sick of the way people behave in general.  I think its a slippery slope and the judge had a line and Ochocinco crossed it, good for her for standing up for her own standards. 

If it's me, I would be pretty embarassed about the original action that lead to me being in court and acting contrite, not slapping my lawyer on the ass.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2013, 09:22:57 AM »
Tax dollars going to pay for the incarceration of a client patting his attorney on the butt?    Insane.  Lighten up, Frances.   I wonder if any real criminals were let out early to make space for this miscreant butt-patter. 
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 09:29:26 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2013, 09:59:25 AM »
  There's a time and place for everything and this wasn't it.

Strokin 3s

• Team Captain
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2013, 10:11:16 AM »
Tax dollars going to pay for the incarceration of a client patting his attorney on the butt?    Insane.  Lighten up, Frances.   I wonder if any real criminals were let out early to make space for this miscreant butt-patter. 

He went to jail for headbutting a woman.  It is up to the judge to accept the plea or not as is my understanding.  If someone treated your job as a joke, I doubt you would have a level of acceptance to give them a break when the time came.  Also the judge apparently said it wasn't the first time he took the proceedings less than seriously.

Really for me its just stupidity.  The judge asked him if he thought his lawyer had done a good job representing him and he responds by slapping the guys ass?  You reap what you sew.

feedback