[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MLB to possibly suspend A-Rod, Braun, others  (Read 11536 times)

Goose

• All American
Re: MLB to possibly suspend A-Rod, Braun, others
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2013, 12:25:12 PM »
Guilty as charged IMO. Sad state of affairs in all pro sports these days. Never was huge Braun fan, but definitely gave him benefit of the doubt when this first broke 18 months ago. Basically makes my decision on visiting Miller Park or not a little easier for rest of summer.

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2013, 12:45:30 PM »
MLB Commissioner wants dopers that bring excitement to the game, but then cries foul when someone gets caught.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2013, 01:00:14 PM »
Guilty as charged IMO. Sad state of affairs in all pro sports these days. Never was huge Braun fan, but definitely gave him benefit of the doubt when this first broke 18 months ago. Basically makes my decision on visiting Miller Park or not a little easier for rest of summer.

Good grief.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2013, 01:03:25 PM »

I must have missed the part where Braun was charged with something.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2013, 02:11:11 PM »
Complaining about why or how MLB is doing this is just throwing up red herrings.
MLB's motives aren't really relevant. All that matters is whether these guys took banned substances or not. If they did, they deserve their suspensions and ruined reputations.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2013, 03:57:55 PM »
Complaining about why or how MLB is doing this is just throwing up red herrings.
MLB's motives aren't really relevant. All that matters is whether these guys took banned substances or not. If they did, they deserve their suspensions and ruined reputations.

So you're saying these are the only 20 guys who have yet to be caught who have taken a PED in professional baseball?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2013, 04:25:28 PM »
So you're saying these are the only 20 guys who have yet to be caught who have taken a PED in professional baseball?

How did you get anything close to that from what I wrote?

And why is it relevant? Are you arguing that because some other cheaters have yet to be caught, the cheaters who have been caught should go unpunished?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2013, 04:29:46 PM »
How did you get anything close to that from what I wrote?

And why is it relevant? Are you arguing that because some other cheaters have yet to be caught, the cheaters who have been caught should go unpunished?

Well technically they haven't been caught.  If what is being reported is true, they will be suspended based on third party testimony.

Which doesn't mean they didn't do it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2013, 05:00:36 PM »

Well technically they haven't been caught.  If what is being reported is true, they will be suspended based on third party testimony.

Which doesn't mean they didn't do it.

Exactly.  They didn't get caught.  Someone said he supplied them with PEDs.  Not sure how MLB can suspend players based on that.

Not saying they're all squeeky clean (have said all along, well before ANYTHING about Braun being on PEDs came out, that I thought he probably did some sort of PED while at Miami when ARod would come back to town during the offseason).  But going off some shady dude's work to suspend players for "using" PEDs is pretty shady in and of itself if you ask me.

Maybe I'll just make a list of Blackhawk players who I supplied PEDs to during their Stanley Cup run.  Suspensions galore, those friggin cheaters.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2013, 05:03:08 PM »
Also, it's a third party that conveniently will stay out of legal trouble for "leaking" information.  And how convenient for him that rumors have been swirling about Braun and Rodriguez and that guys like Cabrera have already been suspended.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2013, 05:08:21 PM »
Reinko

Good grief over saying I think he is guilty, gave him of benefit of the doubt or probably not have going to games as top priority? Been avid Brewer fan my whole life and fully support the organization. I definitely had hoped that he was not guilty and MLB moved onto other things. Not exactly sure what in my statement caused a good grief.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2013, 05:27:27 PM »
Who has the most to gain from this coming out early?  MLB and Bosch.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2013, 05:43:47 PM »
Maybe when Braun is linked with steroids for a third time, people will stop making excuses.

Just accept your star player is flawed and stop making excuses. Watch its easy.

Michael Jordan: 100% dbag
Walter Payton: adulterer
Sammy Sosa: cheater
Patrick Kane: drunk
Mark Grace: drunk
Bobby Hull: drunk wife beater
Dwyane Wade: dirty player
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 05:48:28 PM by TallTitan34 »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2013, 05:48:22 PM »
Maybe when Braun is linked with steroids for a third time, people will stop making excuses.

So you think that this is a separate instance?  You think Braun tested positive at the end of the 2011 season, successfully appealed the suspension, and then went and juiced again?  Hah.  I've heard it all from Cubs fans.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2013, 05:51:07 PM »
How are you arguing this is the second time he's been linked to steroids?

1) positive sample in 2011
2) linked to Miami PED clinic in 2013

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2013, 06:26:58 PM »
How are you arguing this is the second time he's been linked to steroids?

1) positive sample in 2011
2) linked to Miami PED clinic in 2013

And you think the Miami PED clinic and the positive sample are unrelated? Well, OK.

PS If this is the first you're hearing of Ryan Braun being liked to the Miami biogenesis lab then you've been living under a rock for quite some time.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2013, 09:07:02 PM »
So let me get this straight.

1.) The MLB sues this guy and this lawsuit shuts down this guys clinic and he goes broke.  
2.) The MLB then offers him support on his trial, AND will pay him for his testimony.
3.) ESPN catches wind of this, everyone circle jerks themselves into a frenzy.

And, MLB still hasn't talked to this guy (who from everything I have read is not the best of characters), players have no positive drug tests, AND they will try to make this a 2nd offense meaning a 100 game suspension.

I happen to believe Braun has been taking whatever, and I believe it because i also believe he is the rule, not the exception...they're "all" taking something. That said, if MLB tries to impose a 100 game suspension on him and others, based primarily on notebooks, and the word of some low life, the MLBPA is going to hand Bud Selig his head - probably for years to come.

The fact that so many of these guys are taking testosterone or whatever they're taking these days doesn't bother me. I just don't care. For me the game, my viewing, etc. is unaffected. What i find amusing is so many people claiming outrage and righteous indignation about this, who then spend every Sunday in the Fall watching NFL games, without a single complaint. Why its such a problem in baseball, but the same folks don't care about it where football is concerned is extremely odd to me.

Someone made the point that MLB screwed the pooch on steroids during the MacGuire, Sosa, Bonds era, and are trying to make up for it now. I guess i dont hink turning yourself into the hanging judge, and an unhealthy obsession with Ryan Braun is the way to do it. I found this to be pretty much on the money this morning...

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/04/when-it-comes-to-drugs-major-league-baseball-has-learned-nothing-from-the-past-wishes-to-learn-nothing-in-the-future/

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2013, 09:28:30 PM »

I am fairly certain that Braun did PEDs.  Just like I am fairly certain all those you list did the things you are saying as well.

However, I also am fairly certain that he it will be very difficult to suspend him at all, much less for 100 games, based on third party testimony without some sort of evidence. 

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2013, 09:30:36 PM »

I am fairly certain that Braun did PEDs.  Just like I am fairly certain all those you list did the things you are saying as well.

However, I also am fairly certain that he it will be very difficult to suspend him at all, much less for 100 games, based on third party testimony without some sort of evidence. 

the more relevant question, Skank, is do you forgive Braun?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2013, 09:34:16 PM »
the more relevant question, Skank, is do you forgive Braun?

NEVER!!!

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2013, 10:09:56 PM »

Mickey Mantle was a drunken, adulterous, wife beater. And who said that his only Triple Crown was 1956??

« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 01:51:50 AM by keefe »

Death on call

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2013, 12:17:58 AM »

NEVER!!!
Of course not, he didn't committ a crime, which you consider much more important than God's Law.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2013, 07:36:30 AM »
Who has the most to gain from this coming out early?  MLB and Bosch.

Bosch, no question, though really, he comes out of it looking like a scumbag low life no matter what.  The more I read and think about it however, the more I think MLB should just try to make it go away. They appear to be on shaky ground at best, and if they try to overplay their hand, i think it is far more likely that it ends as a complete embarrassment. I found this one funny this morning...

http://deadspin.com/report-a-rod-refuses-to-give-bosch-money-bosch-cuts-d-511597230?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2013, 08:24:32 AM »
You gotta love Frank Thomas. 

“The excuse [Braun] came up with, the guy taking his sample and changing the sample before it got to the laboratory. I mean, Jesus, they handle like a million samples a year and it never happens, so this is going to be something very serious and I look forward to seeing what happens,” Thomas said.

Even if he is able to escape guilt again, Thomas says that Braun’s legacy is permanently damaged.

“It’s going to be tainted forever.”

http://www.csnchicago.com/blog/sox-drawer/frank-thomas-blasts-ryan-braun

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2013, 08:26:19 AM »
It'd be a great comment if only Braun had actually said that.

feedback