Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: How did Marquette Get Crushed by Kansas?  (Read 12850 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: How did Marquette Get Crushed by Kansas?
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2013, 06:50:25 PM »
When Heinrich was with the Bulls (his first go around) and was about to play the Heat, he was asked about playing Wade in the final four.  He noted that when MU came out wanting to run to start the game, he and his teammates' eyes widened as they could not believe it.  They knew no one could run with Kansas and was obviously the wrong strategy.  In all honesty, I was at the game (barely made it and arrived just a few minutes before the game started) and have not been able to watch a replay of the game, so I can't vouch for Heinrich's assessment.  Sounds reasonable to me as a fast-paced game truly would play to Kansas' strength and allow for such a lop-sided game.   

Hinrich played 60 of a possible 63 minutes in the Bulls' triple-OT win over Brooklyn on Saturday. 18 pts, 14 assists, 4 rebs, 4 steals.

Yes, Wade was the best player on the court in that MU-Kansas game but Hinrich was second-best by a wide margin over the next guy, who happened to be Collison, another 10-year NBA veteran. Throw in the supporting players and the coaching, and it's really quite easy to see why Kansas won that game.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2013, 10:23:39 PM »
Hinrich played 60 of a possible 63 minutes in the Bulls' triple-OT win over Brooklyn on Saturday. 18 pts, 14 assists, 4 rebs, 4 steals.

Yes, Wade was the best player on the court in that MU-Kansas game but Hinrich was second-best by a wide margin over the next guy, who happened to be Collison, another 10-year NBA veteran. Throw in the supporting players and the coaching, and it's really quite easy to see why Kansas won that game.

Of course...they were the better team that day and probably 7 times out of 10 if they played us.  Throw in our horrific shooting, and we lost.

Like I said before, its amazing that those the berate this time and time again have NEVER said what a great job it was beating #1 Kentucky to get there.  Revealing.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2013, 11:45:58 PM »
Like I said before, its amazing that those the berate this time and time again have NEVER said what a great job it was beating #1 Kentucky to get there.  Revealing.

Benedict Arnold was the finest field commander in the Continental Army. His treachery soiled his reputation, rightly obscuring his military accomplishments. Arnold led the Continental Army to victory at Saratoga, which convinced France to enter the war. Without Arnold the Revolution likely ends in failure. But do we honor him for his crucial role in securing victory? Absolutely not. He is correctly defined by perfidy and his place in the cavalcade of history will always be directly behind the elephants.

Death on call

slingkong

• Team Captain
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2013, 11:31:06 AM »

Well, in reality, someone did just that - on page 1, I believe. But if your persecution complex helps you sleep at night, then you may carry on.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2013, 12:18:03 PM »
Benedict Arnold was the finest field commander in the Continental Army. His treachery soiled his reputation, rightly obscuring his military accomplishments. Arnold led the Continental Army to victory at Saratoga, which convinced France to enter the war. Without Arnold the Revolution likely ends in failure. But do we honor him for his crucial role in securing victory? Absolutely not. He is correctly defined by perfidy and his place in the cavalcade of history will always be directly behind the elephants.

And strangely, in Harry Potter-esque fashion (his name who shall not me named), at the Saratoga battlefield monument he is thanked for his service without mentioning his name. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boot_Monument

He should have been Connecticut's greatest American Revolutionary figure instead he becomes the war's most reviled person. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2013, 01:35:02 PM »
Well, in reality, someone did just that - on page 1, I believe. But if your persecution complex helps you sleep at night, then you may carry on.

Literally no one on planet earth has invested the time and energy to defend all things TC that Chicos has. It is his raison d'être.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2013, 02:14:04 PM »
Literally no one on planet earth has invested the time and energy to defend all things TC that Chicos has. It is his raison d'être.

Mmmm ... raisin bread!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2013, 02:36:10 PM »

I enjoy calling out hypocrisy and if there has ever been a topic of such epic douche baggery hyprocrisy by MU fans, it is with that subject.  EPIC levels.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2013, 05:09:59 PM »
And strangely, in Harry Potter-esque fashion (his name who shall not me named), at the Saratoga battlefield monument he is thanked for his service without mentioning his name. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boot_Monument

He should have been Connecticut's greatest American Revolutionary figure instead he becomes the war's most reviled person. 

Fidelity, loyalty, and integrity count. Treachery is a statement on character. Some people understand that.

Death on call

ResidentBrown

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2013, 08:52:41 PM »
I don't want to blame it all on 9/11, but it certainly didn't help.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2013, 04:19:52 AM »
I don't want to blame it all on 9/11, but it certainly didn't help.

Was that Tom Crean on the grassy knoll?

Death on call