[Today at 01:04:38 AM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by Billy Hoyle
[June 18, 2024, 09:06:03 PM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by Herman Cain
[June 18, 2024, 06:55:14 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 18, 2024, 05:53:38 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Boston Marathon explosions  (Read 10700 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Boston Marathon explosions
« on: April 15, 2013, 02:28:06 PM »
http://deadspin.com/explosions-reported-at-the-boston-marathon-473008941

I know its deadspin, but I thought they had good pictures.

tower912

• All American
Re: Boston Marathon explosions
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 02:52:07 PM »
Prayers for the injured.   Beware secondary devices.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 03:00:20 PM »
Just got off the phone with my brother-in-law, an MU grad who was running probably his 20th Boston Marathon. He finished about 20 minutes before the first explosion. Said it was incredibly loud, lots of ambulances, etc.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 03:02:19 PM »
Prayers for the injured.   Beware secondary devices.

Police allegedly already finding unexploded secondaries.

Awful situation. It always blows my mind that there are people that somehow have the morals/ethics/convictions to think this is somehow "right" or "ok" to do.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 03:17:48 PM »
Police allegedly already finding unexploded secondaries.

Awful situation. It always blows my mind that there are people that somehow have the morals/ethics/convictions to think this is somehow "right" or "ok" to do.

They are out there, trust me.

It just shows you the power of a small device, such as a pipe bomb, and the devastation and force that results.  Whether placed in a backpack or a trashcan, it still causes the destruction and severe injuries to the human body.

The unexploded secondaries hopefully will lead investigators to clues/evidence to the suspects.

Also mentioned the families of the Newton school shooting were in the stands closeby, but not injured.

Just a shame.   

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 03:42:11 PM »
I have a friend from high school who lives in Boston and he posted on Facebook that he was in Copely Square at the time, and he's OK but it's horrible chaos.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 03:46:25 PM »
Have attended many of these and glad that we are not up there today.  Prayers all around.

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 04:19:54 PM »
They are out there, trust me.
Okay - I trust you
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

nyg

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2013, 04:21:30 PM »

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2013, 04:23:59 PM »
And you should.  
and I do... your authority on the mindset of terrorism is noted
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American

nyg

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2013, 04:31:23 PM »
and I do... your authority on the mindset of terrorism is noted

If you have 36 years of law enforcement experience, then you can comment on my authority, to include terrorism related matters.  Any questions, fell free to PM me. 

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2013, 04:38:41 PM »
If you have 36 years of law enforcement experience, then you can comment on my authority, to include terrorism related matters.  Any questions, fell free to PM me.  
Not sure how much clearer I can be: your authority is trusted.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 04:44:56 PM by sixstrings03 »

nyg

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2013, 04:45:07 PM »
Not sure how much clearer I need to be: your authority is trusted.

Sorry, thought you were being a d-head and sarcastic.  Thanks. 

Just be cautious wherever scoopers go, there are absolute nut cases out there.  Should be interesting as who is responsible for this incident.  If Al-Queda, they might have announced responsibility by now.  Probably what they call a "lone-wolf" suspect did this.  Terrible for the families. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2013, 05:15:25 PM »
I bet domestic terrorists.  Patriots Day was being celebrated today, even though it is actually April 19.  OK bombing happened on that day too.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2013, 06:12:39 PM »
April 15 is tax day.   Along with the Patriot day celebration in Boston.    If it turns out that the incident at the JFK museum was also a blast, then I will lean toward a domestic origin for this. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2013, 09:36:33 PM »
I bet domestic terrorists.  Patriots Day was being celebrated today, even though it is actually April 19.  OK bombing happened on that day too.

Bill Ayers...funny how some domestic terrorists are revered here in the States.  The whole thing sickens me, I don't care who did it.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2013, 01:25:38 AM »
Just got off the phone with my brother-in-law, an MU grad who was running probably his 20th Boston Marathon. He finished about 20 minutes before the first explosion. Said it was incredibly loud, lots of ambulances, etc.

Give thanks he's ok, Lenny. IEDs is the new artillery.

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2013, 09:13:10 AM »
Give thanks he's ok, Lenny. IEDs is the new artillery.
+1000000000000000000

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2013, 10:09:52 AM »
Bill Ayers...funny how some domestic terrorists are revered here in the States.  The whole thing sickens me, I don't care who did it.

Who reveres Bill Ayers?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2013, 10:13:25 AM »
Thanks Keefe and Chico.

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2013, 10:45:31 AM »
Barack Obama.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2013, 11:14:50 AM »

WTF are you talking about?  I simply suggested that given the dates in question, that I thought it was a domestic terrorist.  And you bring up Bill Ayers???

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2013, 12:05:39 PM »

WTF are you talking about?  I simply suggested that given the dates in question, that I thought it was a domestic terrorist.  And you bring up Bill Ayers???

Bill Ayers was a member of the Weather Underground. The Weather Underground was a terrorist organization. Another former member, Kathy Boudin, is now a profesessor at Columbia University.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/04/04/The-Gory-Details-About-Terrorist-Teacher-Kathy-Boudin

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/04/02/of-course-former-weather-underground-radical-convicted-of-felony-murder-now-an-adjunct-professor-at-columbia/

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2013, 12:11:07 PM »
Bill Ayers was a member of the Weather Underground. The Weather Underground was a terrorist organization. Another former member, Kathy Boudin, is now a profesessor at Columbia University.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/04/04/The-Gory-Details-About-Terrorist-Teacher-Kathy-Boudin

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/04/02/of-course-former-weather-underground-radical-convicted-of-felony-murder-now-an-adjunct-professor-at-columbia/

I know who Bill Ayers is. 

I'm wondering why he is quoting me and bringing up Bill Ayers and how some people "revere" him in the States.  (As if kooks of some sort aren't revered everywhere.)  It wasn't even relevant to the point I was making.