[June 17, 2024, 08:36:32 PM]

Miletic Commits by Pakuni
[June 17, 2024, 04:37:03 PM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by The Equalizer
[June 17, 2024, 12:55:56 PM]

NBA green room by muwarrior97
[June 17, 2024, 12:30:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Boston Marathon explosions  (Read 10696 times)

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
Re: Boston Marathon explosions
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2013, 12:17:47 PM »

I know who Bill Ayers is. 

I'm wondering why he is quoting me and bringing up Bill Ayers and how some people "revere" him in the States.  (As if kooks of some sort aren't revered everywhere.)  It wasn't even relevant to the point I was making.

Just because yesterday was April 15th does not mean people should jump to conclusions. Nutjobs that hate the govt and all that business often target Government buildings/properties. As of right now no organization has taken credit for yesterday's bombings and new information is being released at a snails pace. As for Bill Ayers and the Weather Underground, it seems to just be an example of a domestic terrorist organization.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2013, 12:18:47 PM »
I wasn't jumping to a conclusion...I was guessing. 

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2013, 12:38:28 PM »
I wasn't jumping to a conclusion...I was guessing. 

/Throws hands in the air
//Buries face in hands
///Thinks about depreciating value of Marquette degree

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2013, 02:26:02 PM »
Who reveres Bill Ayers?

Is that a serious question? 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2013, 02:36:29 PM »

WTF are you talking about?  I simply suggested that given the dates in question, that I thought it was a domestic terrorist.  And you bring up Bill Ayers???

Sultan,

1) I shouldn't have quoted you directly...my mistake
2) I just got done watching MSDNC (I mean MSNBC) with Chris Matthews and a few others saying the same thing you did....domestic terrorist, tea partier, etc.  I find the "bundling" of tea party person with this kind of stuff absolutely disgusting.  Tea Party folks aren't out there killing people.  Nut jobs are and there are nut jobs on the right and the left.  So I was more than a bit pissed off when I wrote it.  
3) You don't revere him, there are people in the States that do and some of these very same people have the gall to make some outlandish statements about a lot of tragic incidents which I find absolutely @#$@#$# amazing (not you, talking head types)

I just find it interesting that domestic terrorist is equated to right wing and equated specifically to Tea Party folks (not you, again, my apologies).

Especially in light of the Homeland Security data out there....this is very interesting.  End result, there are whack jobs everywhere, on the right, on the left....I'd like to see us get serious about some of this stuff and for starters, not give them 3 squares and a cot to live out their days.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2013, 05:50:21 PM »
/Throws hands in the air
//Buries face in hands
///Thinks about depreciating value of Marquette degree

If you can't realize the difference, then I don't know what to say.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2013, 05:50:54 PM »
Sultan,

1) I shouldn't have quoted you directly...my mistake
2) I just got done watching MSDNC (I mean MSNBC) with Chris Matthews and a few others saying the same thing you did....domestic terrorist, tea partier, etc.  I find the "bundling" of tea party person with this kind of stuff absolutely disgusting.  Tea Party folks aren't out there killing people.  Nut jobs are and there are nut jobs on the right and the left.  So I was more than a bit pissed off when I wrote it. 

I agree on #2.  Completely.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2013, 09:16:20 PM »
^^^ kinda ironic... At the RNC in St Paul 4+ years, ago, MSDNC 's booth was right next to Al Jazeera.

Coincidence?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2013, 12:09:56 AM »
As the father one of the fallen said tonight, his daughter dead...."I hope they catch the bastard and fry him."

As do I sir, as do I.  Unfortunately all too often now we let the killers continue to draw breath. 

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2013, 07:44:48 AM »
Bill Ayers...funny how some domestic terrorists are revered here in the States.  The whole thing sickens me, I don't care who did it.

WTF are you talking about?  I simply suggested that given the dates in question, that I thought it was a domestic terrorist.  And you bring up Bill Ayers???

Nobody thinks of nor cares about Bill Ayers at all.  I never understood the Faux News obsession with him.   I know their job is to sensationalize every Republican party position including any minute detail.  I'm with the Sultan as what does it have to do with Boston Marathon bomber even remotely.  The date suggests one thing, but as everyone said we can't jump to any conclusions as the date could just be a red herring.

How has this terrible tragedy turned ever so slightly into a MUSCOOP banned subject? 

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2013, 07:53:33 AM »
Nobody thinks of nor cares about Bill Ayers at all.  I never understood the Faux News obsession with him.   I know their job is to sensationalize every Republican party position including any minute detail.  I'm with the Sultan as what does it have to do with Boston Marathon bomber even remotely.  The date suggests one thing, but as everyone said we can't jump to any conclusions as the date could just be a red herring.

How has this terrible tragedy turned ever so slightly into a MUSCOOP banned subject? 
Chicos' desparate desire to draw attention to himself.  What else?

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2013, 08:16:45 AM »
Here's something interesting that just caught my attention last night as I was reading some stuff about the entire thing.  I saw this after they had said that it was a pressure cooker filled with bb's, nails, etc., and that they think it may have been in a black nylon bag.  My first thought was that the bag would be very heavy.

Then I saw these pictures on Deadspin.  Look at the photo taken at 2:38 (approximately 15 minutes before the blast).  This photo was taken maybe 20-30 yards from the spot.  Look at the guy standing on the left side against the wall.  It's also interesting to compare his bag (particularly the white square on top) with the bag in the photos that have been released.

Probably nothing.  But enough to capture my thoughts.

Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2013, 08:38:54 AM »
Nobody thinks of nor cares about Bill Ayers at all. 

Except the president, who got his career jump started in help from the terrorist Bill Ayers, who admitted as much in his own autobiography.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2013, 08:57:20 AM »
Nobody thinks of nor cares about Bill Ayers at all.  I never understood the Faux News obsession with him.   I know their job is to sensationalize every Republican party position including any minute detail.  I'm with the Sultan as what does it have to do with Boston Marathon bomber even remotely.  The date suggests one thing, but as everyone said we can't jump to any conclusions as the date could just be a red herring.

People are jumping to conclusions all over the place and it happens all the time, on the left and on the right. It's sickening.  On the left we have a bunch of folks insisting it is a domestic terrorist, probably a white guy, hates gov't, tea party type.  I invite you to MSNBC, Huff Post, Salon, Daily Kos, etc....all over the place.  On the right, people want to insist it's more Islamisicists, jihadist types.  

Sorry, but people are making conclusions all the time.

And yes, many people care about Bill Ayers.  Many more give him a free pass as well as those that have interacted with him over the years.  Personally, I find it absolutely stunning that a known Domestic terrorist that was involved in several bombings that killed three people but targeted many others was allowed to teach at a university....wait, no I'm not...I'm not surprised at all.   And the fact the very people in paragraph one that can't wait to jump to these conclusions about who did it, including a few that have said "domestic terrorism is even" worse, basically ignored Ayers....I find it the height of hypocrisy.  Absolute height of it.

I'll finish with what the father of one of the dead said yesterday.  "I hope they find the bastard and fry him".  Damn right, but of course that would also be "wrong" in the eyes of many...so we enable these people to keep drawing air, give them three meals a day and keep moving on with their lives while 3 are dead (I've been reading it's more), while many are without limbs.  Its sickening, but we refuse to treat criminals like criminals all too often.  I pray for these families and I hope this father gets the justice he demands.  Sadly, I doubt he will....Massachusetts has no death penalty....so there will be no frying...this person or persons will live to see the sun rise and set for years to come.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 09:17:31 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2013, 09:02:02 AM »
People are jumping to conclusions all over the place and it happens all the time, on the left and on the right. It's sickening.  On the left we have a bunch of folks insisting it is a domestic terrorist, probably a white guy, hates gov't, tea party type.  I invite you to MSNBC, Huff Post, Salon, Daily Kos, etc....all over the place.  On the right, people want to insist it's more Islamisicists, jihadist types. 

And yes, many people care about Bill Ayers.  Many more give him a free pass as well as those that have interacted with him over the years.  Personally, I find it absolutely stunning that a known Domestic terrorist that was involved in several bombings that killed three people but targeted many others was allowed to teach at a university....wait, no I'm not...I'm not surprised at all.

I'll finish with what the father of one of the dead said yesterday.  "I hope they find the bastard and fry him".  Damn right, but of course that would also be "wrong" in the eyes of many...so we enable these people to keep drawing air, give them three meals a day and keep moving on with their lives while 3 are dead (I've been reading it's more), while many are without limbs.  Its sickening, but we refuse to treat criminals like criminals all too often.  I pray for these families and I hope this father gets the justice he demands.  Sadly, I doubt he will. 

Pretending to be fair and balanced. check
Anti-education agenda. check
Restating bias for the death penalty (putting the US in such esteemed countries as those primarily run by despots). check.
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2013, 09:20:33 AM »
People are jumping to conclusions all over the place and it happens all the time, on the left and on the right. It's sickening.  On the left we have a bunch of folks insisting it is a domestic terrorist, probably a white guy, hates gov't, tea party type.  I invite you to MSNBC, Huff Post, Salon, Daily Kos, etc....all over the place.  On the right, people want to insist it's more Islamisicists, jihadist types.  

And yes, many people care about Bill Ayers.  Many more give him a free pass as well as those that have interacted with him over the years.  Personally, I find it absolutely stunning that a known Domestic terrorist that was involved in several bombings that killed three people but targeted many others was allowed to teach at a university....wait, no I'm not...I'm not surprised at all.   And the fact the very people in paragraph one that can't wait to jump to these conclusions about who did it, including a few that have said "domestic terrorism is even" worse, basically ignored Ayers....I find it the height of hypocrisy.  Absolute height of it.

I'll finish with what the father of one of the dead said yesterday.  "I hope they find the bastard and fry him".  Damn right, but of course that would also be "wrong" in the eyes of many...so we enable these people to keep drawing air, give them three meals a day and keep moving on with their lives while 3 are dead (I've been reading it's more), while many are without limbs.  Its sickening, but we refuse to treat criminals like criminals all too often.  I pray for these families and I hope this father gets the justice he demands.  Sadly, I doubt he will....Massachusetts has no death penalty....so there will be no frying...this person or persons will live to see the sun rise and set for years to come.

And here we have Massachusetts whose electorate is in favor of the death penalty but whose legislature has wisely defied the will of the people. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2013, 09:22:36 AM »
Pretending to be fair and balanced. check
Anti-education agenda. check
Restating bias for the death penalty (putting the US in such esteemed countries as those primarily run by despots). check.

Anti-education?   

Death Penalty also in countries not run by despots.  If you want to go there, should we look into those countries that have universal health care that are run by despots...great false equivalency on your part and awesome straw man...the daily double.

Sorry, I'm with the father of one of those murdered.  You can choose to be with someone else, but these people should be exterminated from the planet. 

reinko

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2013, 09:27:24 AM »

Anti-education?   

Death Penalty also in countries not run by despots.  If you want to go there, should we look into those countries that have universal health care that are run by despots...great false equivalency on your part and awesome straw man...the daily double.

Sorry, I'm with the father of one of those murdered.  You can choose to be with someone else, but these people should be exterminated from the planet. 

AMDG

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2013, 09:31:15 AM »

Anti-education?   

You just used a lot of fancy words and I don't understand what they mean. But since we're throwing out incendiary language, why don't you form a lynch mob and go hang someone in your thirst for revenge?

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2013, 09:33:54 AM »
Here is a writer on Salon.com openly hoping the bombers are white men. The piece continues to stroke the false premise of "white privilege". Regardless, possibly the WORST article I have seen about the subject. Read at your own risk of killing brain cells.

http://www.salon.com/2013/04/16/lets_hope_the_boston_marathon_bomber_is_a_white_american/

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2013, 09:41:40 AM »
You just used a lot of fancy words and I don't understand what they mean. But since we're throwing out incendiary language, why don't you form a lynch mob and go hang someone in your thirst for revenge?

Lynch mob?
Ugh. Couldn't you have least worked in a Hitler reference to completely ensure that no worthwhile discussion can take place going forward?

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2013, 09:42:26 AM »
High-class company we keep

Data is from Amnesty International

🏀

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2013, 09:43:48 AM »
High-class company we keep

Data is from Amnesty International

Well, take the Texas data out of there and it's more respectable.

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2013, 09:45:07 AM »
Lynch mob?
Ugh. Couldn't you have least worked in a Hitler reference to completely ensure that no worthwhile discussion can take place going forward?

That was guaranteed long before I started posting

feedback