Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: LW on the Dodds Board  (Read 27121 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: LW on the Dodds Board
« Reply #100 on: March 31, 2013, 09:27:34 PM »
IWB has always had close contact with our coaches and insider information, specifically dealing with inside information from the MU coach on recruiting.  At least during the 10+ years he's been doing this he's been responsible.  IWB was never irresponsible at the different websites he has been at, just randomly speculating.  Finding out about things like grade standards being changed, etc. have had to come from "insider" information guys, the AD won't straight up tell the MU faithful.  If Buzz  wants to get his side out he does it through friends like IWB, Jeff Goodman, etc.

And by "insider information guys" do you mean "people capable of reading the Marquette athletics website?"

http://www.gomarquette.com/sports/acad-comp/spec-rel/070110aaa.html

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #101 on: March 31, 2013, 09:29:22 PM »
the guy sounds like Big Daddy

From Cat on a Hot Tin Roof?

Death on call

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #102 on: March 31, 2013, 09:30:56 PM »
And by "insider information guys" do you mean "people capable of reading the Marquette athletics website?"

http://www.gomarquette.com/sports/acad-comp/spec-rel/070110aaa.html

It was reported by IWB long before it was public on the gomarquette site.  Hell, I knew about it about three months before it was on the site.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #103 on: March 31, 2013, 09:35:26 PM »
It would be a pattern.  

Like Larry Brown?? Coach Brown had a pattern, too. Larry was boning coeds at KU and UCLA...a significant factor in his departure from both schools. Thank God for the NBA. Can't wait to hear about panties dropping in Dallas.

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #104 on: March 31, 2013, 09:39:03 PM »
And you would stop supporting MU as you said in the past.  A double whammy.....much catastrophe

Actually, Chico, there is no doubting the Puerto Rican Nightmare's loyalty to Marquette. The same cannot be said for all "contributors" here. I find the Nightmare's perspective refreshing.

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #105 on: March 31, 2013, 09:46:42 PM »
Really.  You might want to read a few threads here about that entire incident.  Let's start here...not my narrative

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=32045.msg381848#msg381848

Hoopaloop must have told you about this since this was during your exile. Here's Hoop's reply to Lenny:

Warriors Forever

View Profile Email Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore 

Re: Inside MU Basketball season-ending episode

« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2012, 03:42:06 PM »

Reply with quoteQuote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: Lennys Tap on March 29, 2012, 12:36:31 PM

Saying that Marquette has allowed Buzz to take "kids that historically MU has not allowed" is inaccurate, and if it refers to Jucos smacks of bigotry. Al took Jucos, Crean took Jucos and furthermore road the coattails of a kid MU most certainly historically didn't allow (prop 48) all the way to Bloomington.

I've been told by others you like to guess at what people are thinking and then deciding that is what they said.   Roll Eyes

I would note I didn't say Jucos and have actually stated on several occasions that I have zero issues with any JUCOs.  None.  To your point, MU has taken Jucos before, one of my favorites was Marcus Jackson.  Jae Crowder was another.  Tyrone Baldwin another. 

Since you didn't comment on anything else in my post, is it safe to assume that you agree he is well compensated, that his basketball budget is top notch, etc?

All this ball squeezing that is supposedly going on, what is it? Where is it?  His pay?  No.  His recruiting budget?  No.  His overall budget?  No.  His ability to recruit kids?  No (you said so yourself).

Where and what is the ball squeezing?  This has been asked over and over again in the 100+ page thread of you, Goose, and the others that are throwing out this line that he is somehow under the thumb of the university.  Please be specific.

Report to moderator    Logged 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

Death on call

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #106 on: March 31, 2013, 09:51:34 PM »

It was reported by IWB long before it was public on the gomarquette site.  Hell, I knew about it about three months before it was on the site.

OK.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #107 on: March 31, 2013, 09:57:53 PM »
Most coaches at this level have conduits and Buzz is no exception.  Buzz and Goodman are tight according to many folks.  Knight had his guy (Bob Hammel) at the Bloomington Herald as an example.

And why do you think it wouldn't be necessary to get his side out?  He may not be, but coaches do it.  It's a form of leverage.

People use wedges all the time to get what they want and the press, in this industry, is a wedge a coach has available to him.  It's a way to pit alumni, boosters, etc, against the school, administration, etc, if one wishes to go down that path.  The danger, of course, is you better be in demand and on the upswing or it falls flat.   Power shifts in an athletic department, I saw it first hand at IU with Bobby (he had all the power) and at MU.  I have friends who are AD's now.  The power a coach can yield, when they are hot, is pretty impressive.  It can put an AD in a very tough spot.  Some coaches will do so to get what they want, whether that is money, more money for assistants, more lenient admissions policies for athletes, etc. 

So do MU AD's, see Walker, Don.

So do competing schools with a jealous recruiting agenda, see Potrykus, Jeff.

So do AD's at schools in Texas looking to hire a coach.  See Orsini, Steve

brandx

« Reply #108 on: March 31, 2013, 10:08:54 PM »
Really.  You might want to read a few threads here about that entire incident.  Let's start here...not my narrative

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=32045.msg381848#msg381848

I'm not trying to call you out.

But it looks like more speculation. I think we all know that Buzz talked to SMU. You repeated something from Stone Cold - I think it was - that Buzz felt the need to need to leak the SMU stuff. I haven't seen any proof that Buzz leaked anything.

I'm hoping we don't have to read posts here for the next 7 months on an almost daily basis from "insiders" who are merely "speculators" and rumor-starters.

And again - you were merely repeating someone else's comment, but repeating it as thouigh it were fact.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 10:11:18 PM by brandx »

Goose

• All American
« Reply #109 on: March 31, 2013, 10:31:53 PM »
Well played Keefe.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #110 on: March 31, 2013, 10:37:19 PM »
Like Larry Brown?? Coach Brown had a pattern, too. Larry was boning coeds at KU and UCLA...a significant factor in his departure from both schools. Thank God for the NBA. Can't wait to hear about panties dropping in Dallas.

Reminds me of a certain MU coach

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #111 on: March 31, 2013, 10:40:47 PM »
So do MU AD's, see Walker, Don.

So do competing schools with a jealous recruiting agenda, see Potrykus, Jeff.

So do AD's at schools in Texas looking to hire a coach.  See Orsini, Steve

Yes, and in this case the people reporting about the relationship aren't the AD's media contacts...correct?  In fact, they are anything but.

It would be nice to see Buzz chat it up with his media guys and say "look, we had some issues.  My best friend was fired from my staff (because he lied) and I've had two other very public incidents last year that didn't make life for me or the administration pleasant.  That's over with now, we're better.  Please stop reporting that I have an issue with the AD...we've moved on"

Unless that isn't the case and certain people still want that out there.  Personally, I'd like to see both sides stop the BS, stop using the media to push this bull crap and let's get on with moving this program forward.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #112 on: March 31, 2013, 10:44:20 PM »
Hoopaloop must have told you about this since this was during your exile. Here's Hoop's reply to Lenny:

No, by that time I could read the posts here again.  I wasn't blocked out any longer once KB showed me how to clear the right cookie after many months.  Plus, Rob let me use his login at that point as well. So I was able to read Armageddon or Hiroshima or whatever it was called...it was epic.

Search is a great feature here, that's what I used today to find that link. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #113 on: March 31, 2013, 10:47:22 PM »
Actually, Chico, there is no doubting the Puerto Rican Nightmare's loyalty to Marquette. The same cannot be said for all "contributors" here. I find the Nightmare's perspective refreshing.

I'm not doubting his loyalty...he said if Buzz left and he perceived his leaving to be at the hands of MU's administration, he was going to leave too.  His words, not mine.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #114 on: March 31, 2013, 10:51:21 PM »
I respect PRN and his loyalty to MU ball.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 04:50:14 AM by Goose »

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #115 on: March 31, 2013, 11:02:59 PM »
I want Buzz to stay at MU. The culture is now his own in the program.

I think 99% of us want him to stay. Can't please the 1%.

IN BUZZ I/WE TRUST!!!

WE ARE! MARQUETTE!
SS Marquette

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #116 on: March 31, 2013, 11:09:30 PM »
Another very disturbing account of the LW/Buzz rift from "someone in the know" in the same thread on Dodd's board.  I sure would like to dismiss both of them as garbage, but there's been far too much smoke to be no flame.

C'mon, the only "smoke" is random people on message boards taking things out of context.  So maybe you should stop rubbing the sticks together!

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #117 on: March 31, 2013, 11:26:32 PM »
Speaking of questioning loyalty and its varying degrees, I clicked the link that Keefe provided above and just discovered that some posters on here contribute to CrackedSidewalks (I am relatively new to scoop so this was news to me).  I used to check CS religiously and loved their insights and articles.

However, I once had a discussion with a contributor from CS (long before I joined Scoop) and it was about a relatively arcane topic regarding MUBB.  My ignorance of the topic triggered a somewhat condescending remark that basically implied that I was a (mere) "casual" fan of MUBB.  I took exception to this, bit my tongue while nodding politely, and never visited the site again (instead I turned to then-inferior [but now much-improved] PaintTouches for my MUBB fix).

Anyway, not saying anyone is/isn't questioning PRN's loyalty, my point is more general--don't impose your definition of what it means to be loyal on someone else, especially with respect to sports, where the term "loyalty" takes on its most subjective meaning.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #118 on: March 31, 2013, 11:34:01 PM »

It would be nice to see Buzz chat it up with his media guys and say "look, we had some issues.  My best friend was fired from my staff (because he lied) and I've had two other very public incidents last year that didn't make life for me or the administration pleasant.  That's over with now, we're better.  Please stop reporting that I have an issue with the AD...we've moved on"

You want Buzz Williams to go to the media and issue a public apology to LW for all the trouble he and his friends have caused him and promise never to be a bad boy again. Should he kiss his ring too? You're incredible.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #119 on: April 01, 2013, 12:37:15 AM »
You want Buzz Williams to go to the media and issue a public apology to LW for all the trouble he and his friends have caused him and promise never to be a bad boy again. Should he kiss his ring too? You're incredible.

No, that's not what I said.

TRY AGAIN...read it S L O W L Y this time and come back to us.  Maybe even issue an apology for again being so wrong.    I'll give you a hint, I said talk to his writer pals and tell THEM to stop this nonsense about their relationship.  Nothing in there about an apology.  Nothing in there about anything public.  All behind the scenes so they can stop pushing this drivel.

What exactly are you reading Lenny....crazy

IWB

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #120 on: April 01, 2013, 12:49:27 AM »
Wow - first Stone Cold suggests that Buzz fed me the SMU info, then Tall Titan says that I created the drama to build up my web traffic. Unreal.

I don't lie, I don't spread crap to fuel web traffic and I don't peddle other people's agendas.

Let's go back and review, shall we?

Jeff Goodman tweeted that SMU was going to make a hard run at Buzz Williams.

I called a higher up in the athletic department and asked if there was anything to it. He confirmed that Marquette had given SMU permission to meet with Buzz Williams.

I reported it.

Another member of the Milwaukee media told me that SMU offerd Buzz a 12 year, $34 million package.

None of that info came to me from Buzz, I did not make it up to drive web traffic and I didn't do it to help anyone's agenda.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 01:03:51 AM by IWB »

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #121 on: April 01, 2013, 03:12:27 AM »
Well played Keefe.

Actually, all of this nonsense about LW and Buzz is best captured by the most famous line from that play,

"Wouldn't it be funny if that was true?"

Mendacity!!

I love Tennessee Williams. What an American Treasure.

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #122 on: April 01, 2013, 03:32:50 AM »
Wow - first Stone Cold suggests that Buzz fed me the SMU info, then Tall Titan says that I created the drama to build up my web traffic. Unreal.

I don't lie, I don't spread crap to fuel web traffic and I don't peddle other people's agendas.

Let's go back and review, shall we?

Jeff Goodman tweeted that SMU was going to make a hard run at Buzz Williams.

I called a higher up in the athletic department and asked if there was anything to it. He confirmed that Marquette had given SMU permission to meet with Buzz Williams.

I reported it.

Another member of the Milwaukee media told me that SMU offerd Buzz a 12 year, $34 million package.

None of that info came to me from Buzz, I did not make it up to drive web traffic and I didn't do it to help anyone's agenda.

Say, aren't you the guy with more contacts with Bausch & Lomb?

Death on call

chren21

• All American
« Reply #123 on: April 01, 2013, 05:59:36 AM »
C'mon, the only "smoke" is random people on message boards taking things out of context.  So maybe you should stop rubbing the sticks together!

Numerous people who are huge followers, have connections with people that are big doners or are otherwise well connected have for the most part heard the very loud whispers regarding the awful relationship between our AD and coach.  You are either trying to douse the flame, are not listening closely, or are hoping that what is continuously being said out there, by numerous people who would have to all be making this stuff up, just somehow is not true. I certainly hope it's all not true as well but it's also hard to believe that all these people are in on some sort of big conspiracy....

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #124 on: April 01, 2013, 06:48:49 AM »
Yes, and in this case the people reporting about the relationship aren't the AD's media contacts...correct?  In fact, they are anything but.

Unless that isn't the case and certain people still want that out there.  Personally, I'd like to see both sides stop the BS, stop using the media to push this bull crap and let's get on with moving this program forward.

And I believe in puppy dogs and unicorns...

feedback