'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: How about Wichita State smoking the Buckeyes?  (Read 5052 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: How about Wichita State smoking the Buckeyes?
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2013, 03:36:08 PM »
No way you can make that claim. IU lost at Minnesota. You're telling me they couldn't have lost at St. Marys? Kansas lost at TCU. You're saying they wouldn't have lost at home to San Diego St? Etc, etc. I don't think Gonzaga would have won the Big Ten. But you absolutely cannot discount Gonzaga going undefeated in their conference. That's a great achievement for any team in any conference because nearly any team could lose to another on any night. Garbage argument.

Edit: Fixed Kansas loss

Fair enough.  You are right, I can't make a 100% prediction that they would go undefeated in the WCC.

Let's just say I thought Gonzaga was overrated most of the year (for the record, I said the same thing about IU, no depth) and would struggle in the post season once they saw teams that were much better than the WCC.  It's hard to go 6 to 8 weeks and playing mostly mid level DI teams and then suddenly have to play high level competition.  IMO, Gonzaga was several steps below IU.  The Hoosiers beat some very quality teams this year, Michigan twice (Final Four), Michigan State twice (Sweet 16), Ohio State (Elite 8), Georgetown (Big East co champ), Minnesota (R32), Illinois (R32)...a far better results driven record than Gonzaga.  The tournament is a crap shoot, but even there IU went further.  Just my opinion.

jesmu84

• All American
Re: How about Wichita State smoking the Buckeyes?
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2013, 05:23:07 PM »
Agree Gonzaga was overrated. Agree Gonzaga was overseeded. Gonzaga got to their spot by attrition. Again though, going undefeated in conference is something special.