[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: "After Midnight, we're gonna let it all hang out"  (Read 6302 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
"After Midnight, we're gonna let it all hang out"
« on: September 14, 2007, 07:17:29 PM »
Looks like Crean and Buckley getting it done after midnight   ;)

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/goodmanonfox/2007/09/14/IRISH_HAVE_TWOPRONGED_ATTACK

Knight Commission

• All American
Re: "After Midnight, we're gonna let it all hang out"
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 07:36:49 PM »
if true, an example of why Marquette (and Shumpert) is lucky to have him as a coach, even considering the money he is paid---do you think Pitino does that?

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 08:07:44 PM »
I do not think Pitino has to.

4everwarriors

• All American
And So,
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 09:19:38 PM »
what's discussed and accomplished at 12:01 a.m. that can't wait 9 hours?
Oh, I get it. This shows TC wants him more than Williams or GT.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 09:41:45 PM »
I am a big TC fan, but that truly seems a bit excessive, doesn't it?

muguru

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 10:11:35 PM »
My concern with it is why was the meeting only for a half an hour?? If that's going to be your in home visit, you need to absolutely knock it out of the park, even if it is 12:01 AM. :o
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Coobeys Oil Depot

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 10:39:00 PM »
My concern with it is why was the meeting only for a half an hour?? If that's going to be your in home visit, you need to absolutely knock it out of the park, even if it is 12:01 AM. :o

You all do realize that Crean made sure he and his crew were the first impression Shumpert had during the week in which he is to visit North Carolina, right? This is make or break time. If Tuesday morning arrives and Shumpert is still open, he's Crean's player to lose. This visit could have sealed the deal for MU.

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2007, 09:31:19 AM »

Maybe because there were other people in the house that wanted to go to sleep? I hope a visit at that time was pre-arranged.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2007, 09:36:05 AM »

Maybe because there were other people in the house that wanted to go to sleep? I hope a visit at that time was pre-arranged.

If it would have been a problem, they wouldn't have been there at that time.  :)

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

mviale

• All American
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2007, 09:47:11 AM »
when you love your job - you will do strange things
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

ilovefreeway

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2007, 10:06:22 AM »

Do really think that Crean and Co. were just waiting in the bushes outside the house and sprinted to the door at 12:01am?  Are you really that blind with TC hate?

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2007, 10:39:50 AM »
I'm sure this was set up a long time ago. I don't think that Crean & Co. were wandering the streets of Oak Park looking at Frank Lloyd Wright architecture and waiting for the clock to strike midnight so they could show up and his doorstep unannounced.

Seems to me if he was willing to meet MU's coaches right at 12:01, that's a positive sign. One thing I've always wondered about with this is whose watch do they go by? Crean's watch may say 12:01 a.m., but my watch may say 11:58 p.m. and technically he'd be early. The whole idea of the 12:01 a.m. visit is just funny.
We Are Marquette

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2007, 10:44:31 AM »
Seems to me if he was willing to meet MU's coaches right at 12:01, that's a positive sign.

exactly.  credit MU for being aggressive and creative.  nicely done

now lets hope Shumpert's visit to UNC sucks this weekend

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2007, 10:50:24 AM »

YOu don't think the rest of the family was excited about one of the 3 coaches that is recruiting your son/brother is knocking at your door at the first possible moment he can?  You don't think that the rest of the family is excited that the coach wants your son/brother to come to his school that bad that he is willing to come to your house in the middle of the night to talk with him the first minute it's "legal"?  Nah, you'd probably say, oh it's just Crean.  I hate him for waking me up.   ::)

SGWarrior

• Starter
  • "I'm a winning guy."
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2007, 01:52:44 PM »
I know I'm getting ahead of myself here but can anyone else picture a scenario where Iman commits to Marquette right before Midnight Madness?  That'd be huge, elevating the event with him sitting in the first few rows.  Lets bring him home to Marquette!

romey

• All American
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2007, 05:40:35 PM »
I have a 19 year old son.  He doesn't even start to think about going to sleep until way after midnight.  Shumpert was probably wide awake and I'm sure anyone else in the house was as excited as he was to have one of his top three choices knocking on his door.  They were NOT ready to go to bed IMHO.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2007, 06:32:21 PM »
if true, an example of why Marquette (and Shumpert) is lucky to have him as a coach, even considering the money he is paid---do you think Pitino does that?

Last I checked Pitino had a ring.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2007, 07:20:10 PM »
I know I'm getting ahead of myself here but can anyone else picture a scenario where Iman commits to Marquette right before Midnight Madness?  That'd be huge, elevating the event with him sitting in the first few rows.  Lets bring him home to Marquette!

What would be even better IMO, is if he grabbed the microphone that night and verbally committed to all the fans right there on the spot. You want to talk about excitement and drama??  :)

OneMadWarrior

• Team Captain
  • Wish I was at the Maui Invitational
    • The Truth
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2007, 10:22:21 PM »
Well I think all of you are ridiculous for criticizing him for showing up then. All coached do it. I remember hearing about Donovan doing the exact same thing when Everyone was recruiting Mike Miller out of South Dakota. All Coaches do it and they usually do it for their #1 target. That is why it means something you can only do it for one player.
“When I was losing, they called me nuts. When I was winning they called me eccentric.”

~Al McGuire

Correct morals arise from knowing what man is—not what do-gooders and well-meaning old Aunt Nellies would like him to be.
~Robert Heinlein

Knight Commission

• All American
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2007, 07:47:57 PM »

Last I checked Pitino had a ring.

A typical, pathetic, pro CUSA, response from you.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 07:49:28 PM by Knight Commission »

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
Re: And So,
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2007, 09:21:53 PM »
what's discussed and accomplished at 12:01 a.m. that can't wait 9 hours?
Oh, I get it. This shows TC wants him more than Williams or GT.

I hear you... but you have to give TC credit for leaving no stone unturned.

I mean, if we don't land Shumpert, it won't be from lack of effort. Crean is going all out... you've gotta respect that (even though I know you don't like him).