Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Really, really p*ssed off!  (Read 5410 times)

MarsupialMadness

• All American
Re: Really, really p*ssed off!
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2013, 10:01:35 AM »

Excuse me, then who was that cheerleader hitting those threes?

;D

connie

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2013, 10:02:00 AM »
All right!  Utica, start charging up the AED, get a few aspirin ready, and lets do this!
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

Marquette_g

• All American
  • Gonna Get Some Cold Cuts Today
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2013, 10:09:25 AM »
The disrespect card is so tired.

wardle2wade

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2013, 10:35:43 AM »
The disrespect card is so tired.

... yet rings so true.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2013, 10:37:47 AM »
If we are simply a lucky team, then we are without a doubt the luckiest f*cking team in the country.

But let everyone go ahead and think that.  They have underestimated this team every year since Buzz took over.  You would think that after this many years, they would start catching on.  I would love to see a five-year chart of the "experts" preseason prediction of our performance vs. how we actually wound up.  Anyone got one, or willing to take it on?

In Buzz's tenure the Big East coaches have predicted MU to finish 6th, 12th, 9th, 6th and 7th. We've finished 5th, 5th, 9th, 2nd and 1st. So in 3 years we've routed expectations and in 2 we've basically met them. One of those we were ranked 8th in the nation and headed for a top 3 finish when DJ went down. The other was a season filled with off court turmoil which ended in a Sweet 16 run. If there's another coach in a BCS conference with that impressive a record of over-achievement the past 5 years I'd be astonished.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2013, 10:42:59 AM »
If there's another coach in a BCS conference with that impressive a record of over-achievement the past 5 years I'd be astonished.

You're unlucky to find anything like that because there are not many coaches/teams that get undervalued/under-ranked like MU.

wojosdojo

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2013, 11:14:35 AM »
If we pull this game out it'll be because the were down a player.

klyrish

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2013, 11:23:42 AM »
I can take being treated as the Rodney Dangerfield of the NCAA tournament. It is OK that the Warriors are ranked 16th of 16. Maybe individually they really not very good. But, what really, really p*sses me off is the way the entire sport world is revising history and refuses to give MU credit for anything.

Start with Big East ... Marquette ties for the championship. It wins more games than any BE team over the course of the past two years. It never loses two games in a row. These facts are rarely mentioned by the informed press. However, the few times BE championship is noted, the revisionist press makes winning the BE sound about as significant as if the Warriors had just won the 6th grade CYO league championship.

Then there is the Davidson "Widcats." They were under-seeded and the Warriors were over-seeded, they said. All the press talked about was the Davidson 17 game win streak and their experience senior laden team. The Warriors win, and all of sudden for the press they become the minor-major Davidson "Kit Kats."

Move on to the Butler "Bull Dogs" ... before the game all we heard about how tough they were, how few mistakes they made, how they had been to the final four, and so on. Again the Warriors win, and the revisionists press changes direction and talks about all the flaws of the mid-major Butler "Puppy Dogs." As in, they have no real guards. Excuse me, then who was that cheerleader hitting those threes?

So, if we beat the Miami, will they suddenly become the Miami "Slight Breeze from the SW at 2 to 3 miles per hour"?

Then there is all the keen insights the press has offered on coaches. We read how great the Davidson coach was. He gets out-coached, and boom he disappears from all articles, as one would expect. But, hey, does the guy who out-coached him get any credit? No, the Warriors were just "lucky."

Butler game and the same things happens, Coach Williams out-thinks Coach Stevenson (class guy), but does Coach Buzz get any credit? Nope. Warriors got "lucky" again.

Does Coach Williams get credit for doing it the hard way? For doing it the morally right way? For his love of his team? For the unselfishness of the team? Does the press care? Does it think? Or, is it just "luck"?

The press writing about "luck" is a lazy cop-out on their part. There is no "luck" in basketball. You have the skill and nerves under pressure to make the shot, or you don't. You play defense, get a stop/rebound, or you don't. You choke, or you don't. The coach makes the right adjustment and out thinks the other coach, or he doesn't.

I could go on a long time on how terribly the Warriors have been treated ... to the point I am so p*ssed off that I am ready to suit-up and play tackle basketball.

I just hope the Warriors pummel Miami and tear the fricking faces off Indiana! All in the name of Mary Queen of Victory, and luck, of course.

This is EXACTLY why the chip on my shoulder is so enormous. Marquette never, EVER gets any damned respect and I'm absolutely tired of it. Even if we make to the Final Four, beating Crean in the process, no respect will be given. Guaranteed.

MUFC9295

• Team Captain
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2013, 11:27:17 AM »
Let's have our own Howard Beale "Im mad as hell!" moment tonight.  Admitedly, I still bear a grudge from being in NOLA in '03 and finding a half-a$sed "M" logo on varios Marquette F4 swag while the other 3 teams had all their gear in fine form with legit logos.  Its bad enough my letter sweater get "Go Blue" comments.

Very proud of our boys and the chip we all shoulder.