[Today at 10:38:26 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 10:08:05 AM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by tower912
[Today at 07:24:54 AM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: #22 Wisconsin Humiliating #2 Indiana  (Read 9811 times)

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: #22 Wisconsin Humiliating #2 Indiana
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2013, 10:59:55 AM »
I told you guys yesterday this would happen...no shocker...Ryan owns Crean.

I call BS. You said "I expect IU to win", then hedged with "but I won't be surprised if Wisconsin wins". Saying you called it just isn't true.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2013, 11:29:01 AM »
I call BS. You said "I expect IU to win", then hedged with "but I won't be surprised if Wisconsin wins". Saying you called it just isn't true.

Sigh.

I said Friday that Ryan owns Crean.  I was right...proved again yesterday.  I called it.  That's what I was talking about.  And when I said Ryan owns Crean, got some push back for it.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2013, 11:52:16 AM »
You need to be more assertive with those predictions, Chicos ;)

Here's your prediction...

Bo Ryan owns Tom Crean.  I expect IU to win, but it will not surprise me if they don't. 

IU will try to win, however.  There is zero love loss between those two coaches.  The douche and the prick.

The way I read that, you are saying IU is probably a 55% favorite to win. If you want to call it for Wisconsin, I think this is more effective:

Tom can't coach his way out of a wet paper bag if Bo's the one who did the watering. I expect Wisconsin to win, I already congratulated some of my Vadger friends on making the Big Ten Tournament final.

Predict it like you MEAN it! ;D
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2013, 02:56:59 PM »
I told you guys yesterday this would happen...no shocker...Ryan owns Crean.

Not true. You said you expected IU to win.

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2013, 03:14:59 PM »
Badgers up 24-23 over Ohio State at the half.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2013, 03:45:40 PM »
Is that D. Stone sittin' behind the Badger bench?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2013, 03:56:33 PM »
Dekker's a hell of a player. So smooth and court savvy for a freshman. Bucky bagged a winner.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2013, 04:17:55 PM »
These announcers are dreadful too.  Where do they get these guys from.  I hope they don't get paid well.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2013, 04:50:12 PM »
As I said, when it comes to hoops I am monogamous.

You can quote me all you want but the fact is I support Marquette 110% for basketball. I like to see Michigan win and I was pleased to see Harvard take the Ivy crown

As you know, being a grad student is very different environment than undergrad. I value Michigan and Harvard far more for the academic experience, professional training, and superb networking than I ever will for the performance of their athletic teams. If I support a Michigan program there is no question it is football while Harvard hockey is an interest. 

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2013, 05:00:41 PM »
More importantly, did you ^ and Chicos vote for Real Chili in the SuperBar thread?

Of course I did!

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2013, 07:11:55 PM »
Not true. You said you expected IU to win.

And when I came here yesterday it was to say I told you so, Ryan owns Crean...which he does.  That's what I told you so about.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2013, 07:13:01 PM »
You need to be more assertive with those predictions, Chicos ;)

Here's your prediction...

The way I read that, you are saying IU is probably a 55% favorite to win. If you want to call it for Wisconsin, I think this is more effective:

Predict it like you MEAN it! ;D

Yes, prediction I said IU....what I came here yesterday was to say I told you so, Ryan owns Crean.  Oh well.  I predicted in this thread that IU would get a 1 seed...does that count?   ;)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2013, 07:15:49 PM »
You can quote me all you want but the fact is I support Marquette 110% for basketball. I like to see Michigan win and I was pleased to see Harvard take the Ivy crown

As you know, being a grad student is very different environment than undergrad. I value Michigan and Harvard far more for the academic experience, professional training, and superb networking than I ever will for the performance of their athletic teams. If I support a Michigan program there is no question it is football while Harvard hockey is an interest. 

I agree, undergrad is very important.  The different is that I also worked in the athletic departments at KU and IU (as well as MU), so it's much more to me than merely knocking down credit hours and getting the parchment.  It was part of my career path, so it means a lot to me.  This is why when Lenny says things like you have to be a fan of one school, it doesn't apply to me because not only did I attend those other schools, I worked there as grad assistant.  It means a bit more to me.

Your Michigan posts seem to contradict your other argument, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2013, 05:10:54 AM »
I agree, undergrad is very important.  The different is that I also worked in the athletic departments at KU and IU (as well as MU), so it's much more to me than merely knocking down credit hours and getting the parchment.  It was part of my career path, so it means a lot to me.  This is why when Lenny says things like you have to be a fan of one school, it doesn't apply to me because not only did I attend those other schools, I worked there as grad assistant.  It means a bit more to me.

Your Michigan posts seem to contradict your other argument, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

My first love is and always will be Marquette basketball. When I was at Marquette we were consistently one of the top 3 programs in the country. My wife was a member of the cheer team and it was important to her, too. I follow Michigan football, the winningest program among all colleges. There is nothing finer than an October Saturday afternoon at the Big House. But if given a choice between Michigan winning another National Championship in football or Marquette running the table in the NCAA Tournament there is no question I say Marquette.

While at both Michigan and Harvard I went to football and hockey but actually never went to any basketball games. The Fab Five happened whist overseas and those were the pre-internet days so it was bloody difficult to follow any collegiate sports if living in Asia. The South China Morning Post had 20 pages of horse racing for the local punters but nothing on US college sports. It all began to change in 1995 and that was when I started to follow Marquette through the old Geo-Cities Board.

Death on call

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2013, 05:12:03 PM »
And when I came here yesterday it was to say I told you so, Ryan owns Crean...which he does.  That's what I told you so about.

Wow. You predict Indiana to win, but hedge it with I won't be surprised if Wisconsin wins because Ryan owns Crean. So no matter what happens you can come on here and say "I called it!" Think about that for a while if you're able.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2013, 11:11:09 PM »

I thought you were in the EALC program at KU? My wife taught there for a year with Maggie Childs.

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2013, 08:58:18 AM »
I thought you were in the EALC program at KU? My wife taught there for a year with Maggie Childs.

Correct.  I still worked in the Athletic Department.  It was half way through the program when I said I wanted to get into Athletics....and that's where the Athletics story began.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2013, 01:42:03 AM »
Correct.  I still worked in the Athletic Department.  It was half way through the program when I said I wanted to get into Athletics....and that's where the Athletics story began.

My wife did her grad work at Columbia, like Maggie. It was through that connection my wife spent time at KU. She received a fellowship to do research on capital accumulation in post war Japan. If I recall Maggie's area was Lady Murasaki. I think she did an updated translation of Genji that was very well received. Overall, my wife liked Lawrence. 

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2013, 05:55:31 PM »
My wife did her grad work at Columbia, like Maggie. It was through that connection my wife spent time at KU. She received a fellowship to do research on capital accumulation in post war Japan. If I recall Maggie's area was Lady Murasaki. I think she did an updated translation of Genji that was very well received. Overall, my wife liked Lawrence. 

I enjoyed the campus and town very much...didn't care for the school that much.  One of the reasons why it is a distant 3rd for me.  Sort of the inverse for Bloomington for me.  Enjoyed the school (professors, etc), but wasn't crazy about Bloomington or the campus.

Dr. Childs was there when I was there.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2013, 09:45:46 AM »
I enjoyed the campus and town very much...didn't care for the school that much.  One of the reasons why it is a distant 3rd for me.  Sort of the inverse for Bloomington for me.  Enjoyed the school (professors, etc), but wasn't crazy about Bloomington or the campus.

Dr. Childs was there when I was there.

I visited KU a few times that year. My wife's office was in Wescoe Hall. I went to one game at Allen Field House and I was struck by how basic it was. It may have been updated since but it reminded me of those old WW II era hangars. The place was loud though and the students are right on top of the action. That Rock Chalk Jawhawk chant is actually somewhat creepy. It's almost funereal. Lawrence in winter time gets bitter cold but there is a fairly lively community to support the students.

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2013, 12:06:21 PM »
I visited KU a few times that year. My wife's office was in Wescoe Hall. I went to one game at Allen Field House and I was struck by how basic it was. It may have been updated since but it reminded me of those old WW II era hangars. The place was loud though and the students are right on top of the action. That Rock Chalk Jawhawk chant is actually somewhat creepy. It's almost funereal. Lawrence in winter time gets bitter cold but there is a fairly lively community to support the students.

It is very basic, that's what I liked about it.  I don't know if you have been to Cameron, but also very basic.  Old Pauley Pavillion, the same.  Nothing wrong with the old barns in my opinion.  I lived right down the street at Jayhawker Towers with the other grad students. 

Rock Chalk Jayhawk can give someone the chills along with waving of the wheat.  I was there during a resurgence of football with Glen Mason...beat Oklahoma, won a bowl game...it was cool to see the football stadium do the Rock Chalk Jayhawk cheer in unison.  Creepy to an outsider...yes....pretty cool for those that were students and alumni.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2013, 03:10:28 PM »
It is very basic, that's what I liked about it.  I don't know if you have been to Cameron, but also very basic.  Old Pauley Pavillion, the same.  Nothing wrong with the old barns in my opinion.  I lived right down the street at Jayhawker Towers with the other grad students. 

Rock Chalk Jayhawk can give someone the chills along with waving of the wheat.  I was there during a resurgence of football with Glen Mason...beat Oklahoma, won a bowl game...it was cool to see the football stadium do the Rock Chalk Jayhawk cheer in unison.  Creepy to an outsider...yes....pretty cool for those that were students and alumni.

Don't get me wrong, Allen Field House is a special place and a great venue to watch a game. The students are really into it and add to the home court advantage. It really is just a big old barn.

It's funny but Marquette doesn't really have anything similar to the traditions of other schools. The only thing we had when I was there was the first drunk screaming out, "Give 'em hell, Al!" which was repeated whenever Al got up to work the refs. Michigan has the cowbells for "Go Blue!" At Harvard, you bring dead fish for the Cornell game to throw on the ice whenever Harvard scores a goal.

The dumbest thing is the Duke kids jumping throughout the game. Clearly they are not beer drinkers.

Death on call

feedback