[Today at 04:50:28 PM]

2024-25 Roster by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[June 08, 2024, 07:42:23 PM]

Incoming freshmen by MuMark
[June 08, 2024, 07:03:51 PM]

And The New...... by Tyler COLEk
[June 08, 2024, 11:45:55 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Boy if you thought Providence and Seton Hall were bad before.....  (Read 14952 times)

The Sultan of Silly

• Scholarship Player
Then just wait till their coaches can no longer promise potential recruits playing time against big stage opponents like Syracuse, Louisville, Pitt, ND, West Virginia, etc.. ::) ?-(  I got sick of counting all the prime empty seats when watching MU play Seton Hall this year and can only imagine how many empty seats there will be when they can only sign 1 and 2 star recruits when dogs like Creighton, Xavier, Dayton and St. Louis are added as "replacements" to the ticket buying public.  

Well unfortunately the board boobs that populate and try to dominate the thinking of this site and say Detroit Mercy would be an exciting potential addition with a straight face aren't as clueless as the rest the US population where more than 50% of them acknowledge the new conference (see attached) will be considered mid-major or worse.  That is especially scary in that over 50% of the population was dumb enough to vote for Obama twice so were not talking about a very savvy pubic.  

Smart "mid-major" retailers like the "Limited" used to sign leases in sub-tenant locations with major anchors in place knowing the major anchors like Nordstrom, for example, would draw in customers to the mall and they in turn would feed off the anchor's superior advertising and branding capabilities.  So instead of keeping close to these big football/state "anchor" type of schools like UConn, Cincy, with a history of Final 4's and McDonald All American's, etc. our AD and our board shun even the idea of having them for a couple more years so we can add more worthless mid-majors that will ensure the ultimate demise of MU Basketball back to it's sad late 1980's status.  

Why don't we just let Buzz go to the next major Big 4 conference job, let our star recruits out of their letters of intent and hire Brian Wardle and be prepared for a move back to the Mecca with close losses to UW-Milwaukee already.  The Big 4 conferences will soon shun the NCAA and create their own National Championship for basketball and we'll be completely left out so we might as well be resigned to our fate sooner than later.  

Such a shame as it was so much fun playing in the real Big East (AKA - The Beast) and now we will be left to a bunch of other teams with a fading star who won't be able to attract and retain the brightest coaches and players like they did in the past. Poor leadership and changes in the college basketball landscape that were out of our control are the two primary culprits to this sickening and sad ultimate demise.  
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 12:47:04 AM by The Sultan of Silly »

GoMarquette32

• Team Captain
Re: Boy if you thought Providence and Seton Hall were bad before.....
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 05:34:16 PM »
Lol. Troll on buddy! The leaders of the C7, MU and GTown, just won a share of the Big East Title.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 05:35:14 PM »
Nice job Einstein.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 05:35:59 PM »
The Real Sultan, your cousin?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 05:37:06 PM »
Then just wait till their coaches can no longer promise potential recruits playing time against big stage opponents like Syracuse, Louisville, Pitt, ND, West Virginia, etc..    ::) ?-(  I got sick of counting all the prime empty seats when watching MU play Seton Hall this year and can only imagine how many empty seats there will be when they can only sign 1 and 2 star recruits when dogs like Creighton, Xavier, Dayton and St. Louis are added as "replacements" to the ticket buying public. 

Well unfortunately the board boobs that populate and try to dominate the thinking of this site and say Detroit Mercy would be an exciting potential addition with a straight face aren't as clueless as the rest the US population where more than 50% of them acknowledge the new conference (see attached) will be considered mid-major or worse.  That is especially scary in that over 50% of the population was dumb enough to vote for Obama twice so were not talking about a very savvy pubic. 

Smart "mid-major" retailers like the "Limited" used to sign leases in sub-tenant locations with major anchors in place knowing the major anchors like Nordstrom, for example, would draw in tenants to the mall and they in turn would feed off the anchor's superior advertising and branding capabilities.  So instead of keeping close to these big football/state "anchor" type of schools like UConn, Cincy, with a history of Final 4's and McDonald All American's, etc. our AD and our board shun even the idea of having them for a couple more years so we can add more worthless mid-majors that will ensure the ultimate demise of MU Basketball back to it's sad late 1980's status. 

Why don't we just let Buzz go to the next major Big 4 conference job, let our star recruits out of their letters of intent and hire Brian Wardle and be prepared for a move back to the Mecca with close losses to UW-Milwaukee already.  The Big 4 conferences will soon shun the NCAA and create their own National Championship for basketball and we'll be completely left out so we might as well be resigned to our fate sooner than later. 

Such a shame as it was so much fun playing in the real Big East (AKA - The Beast) and now we will be left to a bunch of other teams with a fading star who won't be able to attract and retain the brightest coaches and players like they did in the past. Poor leadership and changes in the college basketball landscape that were out of our control are the two primary culprits to this sickening and sad ultimate demise.   

How are the Boiler Makers doing?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 05:37:17 PM »
It's just keefe/warthog, etc. trying to troll me.

Not gonna work.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 05:38:24 PM »

Not gonna work.

Nah. I think it's UDPride.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 05:42:30 PM »
Sultan, you're not related to UDpride I'm assuming.  8-)

Actually,  the original poster has a nice command of the language.  He's still an idiot though.

jt92

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 06:01:49 PM »
I have to tell you that as pumped up as I am about this year's team there is a knot in my stomach regarding the future.  The reason we are so pumped about this year is becasue we beat some of the best the nation has to offer.  SU, PITT, ND, UConn.. We tied Lousiville for the title.  That competition is gone now.  So while some feel that it is no big deal that we are replacing these team with mid majors (fact), I think it is.  This is about the future and I am sorry these new teams just don't add up.  If Buzz leaves I can't wait to hear what the excuse from so many people is..
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 06:05:28 PM by jt92 »

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 06:04:59 PM »
anyone have a link to that poll?  I would like to see the breakdowns.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2013, 06:05:55 PM »
A league with MU, Georgetown, Villanova, Butler, Xavier, et al is not mid major.    And the OP's whole raison d'etre is found in his moniker.   He is just a silly troll.  
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2013, 06:08:55 PM »
I have to tell you that as pumped up as I am about this year's team there is a kmot in my stomach regarding the future.  The reason we are so pumped about this year is becasue we beat some of the best the nation has to offer.  SU, PITT, ND, UConn.. We tied Lousiville for the title.  That competition is gone now.  So while some feel that it is no big deal that we are replacing these team with mid majors (fact), I think it is.  This is about the future and I am sorry these new teams just don't add up.  If Buzz leaves I can't wait to hear what the excuse from so many people is..

Georgetown, Marquette, Villinova, Butler, Creighton, SLU.  6 teams that are going to be in the conference in 2 years are solidly in the NCAA Tournament this year.  That's 50% of the league.  The number of bids and the percentages of teams from the conference going to the NCAA Tournament would equal that of every conference except for maybe the top 2, possibly the top 3 in the country.  Some people are just silly talking about "mid-major."  Fox is going to pony up this much money to get a mid-major conference on their network?  Likely.

Not to mention I expect Xavier, St. John's, and Providence to be in the running for NCAA Tournament bids next year, and who knows who team #12 will be?  Maybe it's VCU, which would make it bid #7.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Mufflers

• Starter
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2013, 06:28:48 PM »
This is a great satirical thread.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2013, 06:31:50 PM »
anyone have a link to that poll?  I would like to see the breakdowns.

I posted it earlier today .  Look for "ESPN poll big east future" or something like that.

I don't think it's UDPride, he's still laying in the middle of downtown Dayton hung-over from celebrating UD's getting that coveted 12 seed

jt92

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2013, 06:32:39 PM »
They feasted on really bad teams.  Sorry you cannot compare Creighton, Xavier and St. Louis  with Syr, Pitt, Louisville and UConn.  If you are trying to make a case that we are going to a stronger conference, you are wrong.  The only hope is that the basketball only schools can market to recruits that these schools main focus is basketball and that somehow it resonates...but that is a longshot.  Liberty is going to the tournament..lets add them, maybe we can make an exception to their non catholic status.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2013, 06:41:48 PM »
Nobody is arguing that MU is entering a better conference.    However, anyone trying to say that MU (A) could have done better or (B) the basketball schools should have stayed with the american12 is simply delusional.      This is the best deal MU and the rest of the basketball-only schools was going to get.    And it is better to no longer be at the whim of football.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

MU82

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2013, 06:41:56 PM »
Then just wait till their coaches can no longer promise potential recruits playing time against big stage opponents like Syracuse, Louisville, Pitt, ND, West Virginia, etc..    ::) ?-(  I got sick of counting all the prime empty seats when watching MU play Seton Hall this year and can only imagine how many empty seats there will be when they can only sign 1 and 2 star recruits when dogs like Creighton, Xavier, Dayton and St. Louis are added as "replacements" to the ticket buying public. 

Well unfortunately the board boobs that populate and try to dominate the thinking of this site and say Detroit Mercy would be an exciting potential addition with a straight face aren't as clueless as the rest the US population where more than 50% of them acknowledge the new conference (see attached) will be considered mid-major or worse.  That is especially scary in that over 50% of the population was dumb enough to vote for Obama twice so were not talking about a very savvy pubic. 

Smart "mid-major" retailers like the "Limited" used to sign leases in sub-tenant locations with major anchors in place knowing the major anchors like Nordstrom, for example, would draw in tenants to the mall and they in turn would feed off the anchor's superior advertising and branding capabilities.  So instead of keeping close to these big football/state "anchor" type of schools like UConn, Cincy, with a history of Final 4's and McDonald All American's, etc. our AD and our board shun even the idea of having them for a couple more years so we can add more worthless mid-majors that will ensure the ultimate demise of MU Basketball back to it's sad late 1980's status. 

Why don't we just let Buzz go to the next major Big 4 conference job, let our star recruits out of their letters of intent and hire Brian Wardle and be prepared for a move back to the Mecca with close losses to UW-Milwaukee already.  The Big 4 conferences will soon shun the NCAA and create their own National Championship for basketball and we'll be completely left out so we might as well be resigned to our fate sooner than later. 

Dumb-arse.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2013, 06:43:08 PM »
This is the link

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/id/9032205/brighter-future-big-east-divorce

If you look at the second poll, and answer that one, the fans believe the left over Big East (America 12) will be a high major conference.

This is a classic example of the dumbing down of America and the low information voter.  They don't even know who is in the leagues, simple as that.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2013, 06:50:57 PM »
Actually a high Mid major conference. Agree with your general sentiment though. The difference is will ESPN promote America 12 the way FOX will promote the Big East?

setyoursightsnorth

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2013, 06:57:09 PM »

is especially scary in that over 50% of the population was dumb enough to vote for Obama twice so were not talking about a very savvy pubic. 

Basketball and politics have nothing to do with each other, if you're still Butt-hurt about Obama winning, stop attributing the results to race or voter knowledge. Only 1/3rd of the country actually voted.

Troll.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2013, 06:57:55 PM »

Not gonna work.

No, it's not you rapscallion.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 08:18:57 PM by mu_hilltopper »

Death on call

muguru

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2013, 06:59:31 PM »
Georgetown, Marquette, Villinova, Butler, Creighton, SLU.  6 teams that are going to be in the conference in 2 years are solidly in the NCAA Tournament this year.  That's 50% of the league.  The number of bids and the percentages of teams from the conference going to the NCAA Tournament would equal that of every conference except for maybe the top 2, possibly the top 3 in the country.  Some people are just silly talking about "mid-major."  Fox is going to pony up this much money to get a mid-major conference on their network?  Likely.

Not to mention I expect Xavier, St. John's, and Providence to be in the running for NCAA Tournament bids next year, and who knows who team #12 will be?  Maybe it's VCU, which would make it bid #7.

I too have my concerns. Anyone that thinks this new conference will be anywhere near as strong as the old Big East is delusional. Yes, the conference would prove to be very strong THIS year with the new additions, but how consistent will those other teams be?? I don't worry about MU, they have proven their worth, and will carry their weight...8th consecutive year of being in the NCAAs. Not even Nova or Georgetown can say that. The bottom part of this conference is very weak(SH, DePaul etc) and there are no guarantees they will turn it around soon, if ever. Will SLU stay consistent?? I have my doubts. Or Butler?? Or even Xavier?? There are definitely things to be concerned about as far as the image of this conference goes going forward.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2013, 07:00:54 PM »
So, Guru, please list a preferred alternative. 

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2013, 07:12:23 PM »
Our new conference will be solid but no way is it anywhere near as good as the old Big East. We were very fortunate to have been part of the best hoops conference in the modern era. The new Big East is not in any way a mid major and should be extremely competitive. I remain concerned about PC, SHU, DePaul, and SJU upping their game. 40% of our new conference behave as mid majors.

Death on call

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2013, 07:18:14 PM »
I still don't understand how Illinois got so much better than us.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.