Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Rutgers post-game thoughts  (Read 8251 times)

tower912

• All American
Rutgers post-game thoughts
« on: March 05, 2013, 08:17:03 PM »
Playing a bad team in their building with no flow, no continuity, no nothin'.....   A mark of a good team is finding a way to win ugly when playing poorly.   MU did tonight.    Not a lot good to say other than MU escaped with a road W.  Wait, OK, leadership shown by Jamil and Vander, even if that leadership came with an abundance of turnovers.  Both took  and made big shots.   More imporantly, they looked like they were ready to and wanted to.   The ugliest win is still better than the prettiest loss. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
Re: Rutgers post-game thoughts
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 08:19:42 PM »
Don't forget that you're playing a team on senior night.  ND found out how tough that can be this week.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 08:20:25 PM »
I'm not getting into the debate whether MU found a way to win or Rutgers (as usual) found a way to lose. Other then Steve, Jr. in the first and Vander in the last five minutes I'm not sure there is anything to take from this one. Burn the tape and hope it humbles the attitude.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 08:21:50 PM »
Great win by Marquette.  Going into a hostile crowd on senior night.  A road win in the Big East is never easy.   Congrats Marquette. 

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 08:24:05 PM »
My post game thoughts are luckily we won and now play St Johns down Harrison and probably pointer for throwing haymakers.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 08:24:21 PM »
Juan Anderson has a lot of ofer nites,I wish his shot would come around.I hope we don't shat our pants at MSG.

connie

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 08:24:55 PM »
I'm not getting into the debate whether MU found a way to win or Rutgers (as usual) found a way to lose. Other then Steve, Jr. in the first and Vander in the last five minutes I'm not sure there is anything to take from this one. Burn the tape and hope it humbles the attitude.
Don't know that there is a lot to learn from this one.  A road win is a (n ugly) road win.
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 08:25:12 PM »
Don't forget that you're playing a team on senior night.  ND found out how tough that can be this week.

We get to do it again against St. Johns

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 08:25:33 PM »

I disagree. It wasn't pretty, but I really like the way the boys kept after it and came away with a win.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 08:27:30 PM »
We get to do it again against St. Johns

But, I don't think that St. John's has any seniors.

Modification:  Yep, no seniors.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 08:30:15 PM by LittleMurs »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

MUMountin

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 08:27:36 PM »
...hope it humbles the attitude.

Maybe the best thing to come out of this game (other than the W)--I think it can be good to have a "put-the-fear-of-God" game close to the postseason.  Even better if you can have that without actually losing.  Hopefully team realizes how important it is to come out with the most energy on the court, no matter who you are playing.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2013, 08:28:36 PM »
My thoughts...

**Crappy, crappy interior defense
**Gave up way too many offensive rebounds.  
**Too many turnovers

Grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind....find a way to win.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2013, 08:30:36 PM »
Juan Anderson has a lot of ofer nites,I wish his shot would come around.I hope we don't shat our pants at MSG.

Opponets don't even guard him. He is not an offensive threat at all.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2013, 08:32:41 PM »
My thoughts...

**Too many turnovers

Couldn't agree more.   MU tried to give it to Rutgers, Rutgers let MU hang around, and despite everything, MU made just enough plays to win. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2013, 08:33:22 PM »
My thought:  whew.  
Ludum habemus.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2013, 08:36:33 PM »
But, I don't think that St. John's has any seniors.

Modification:  Yep, no seniors.

Probably just have at Thug Night instead.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2013, 08:38:52 PM »
Playing a bad team in their building with no flow, no continuity, no nothin'.....   A mark of a good team is finding a way to win ugly when playing poorly.   MU did tonight.    Not a lot good to say other than MU escaped with a road W.  Wait, OK, leadership shown by Jamil and Vander, even if that leadership came with an abundance of turnovers.  Both took  and made big shots.   More imporantly, they looked like they were ready to and wanted to.   The ugliest win is still better than the prettiest loss. 
Rutgers is not a bad team.  They have hung long with most teams, but come short.  They miss their center who transferred this last summer.  They have some good talent and play with heart.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2013, 08:39:57 PM »
My thoughts...

**Too many turnovers

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.  They also seemed to have a ton of bounce in their step while we came out flat.  As crazy as everything you pointed out drove me, I liked that we didn't fold even when we blew opportunity after opportunity to seize momentum throughout the second half.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2013, 08:44:55 PM »
Post-game with Homer .. Buzz relays that tonight Fr. Kelly (89 years old) .. tripped before the game, kids were shaken, 12 minutes of dead silence .. hurt his shoulder .. "went to orthopedic (doctor) .. popped it back in .. arm in a sling."

THEultimateWARRIOR

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2013, 08:47:34 PM »
Great win by Marquette.  Going into a hostile crowd on senior night.  A road win in the Big East is never easy.   Congrats Marquette.  
I thought their crowd was terrible. My high school had a bigger student section.

I am worried that this team won't be able to "create energy" in the NCAA's away from the BC.

Steve Taylor, Jamil, and Otule gives us a huge frontline. Like when they are on the floor together.

Any given player can step up on any given night.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2013, 08:48:59 PM »
I thought their crowd was terrible. My high school had a bigger student section.

I am worried that this team won't be able to "create energy" in the NCAA's away from the BC.

If you can't get fired up when you are playing in the NCAAs you aren't going to do much anyways.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2013, 08:52:03 PM »

Steve Taylor, Jamil, and Otule gives us a huge frontline. Like when they are on the floor together.

Any given player can step up on any given night.

Then you better be there in your blue spandex to provide the team with the energy they will need!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

RideMyBuycks

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2013, 08:52:14 PM »
My thoughts...

**Too many turnovers

Sounds like a team with a NCAA tourney mindset.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2013, 08:52:53 PM »
Then you better be there in your blue spandex to provide the team with the energy they will need!

Beat me to it

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2013, 08:54:04 PM »
So we win on the road and on national TV.  ;D
Goal is National Championship